GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]

Go down 
+18
Vektrix
DarkFish
Talvox
Darkshadow
-NOX-
Pukinglilcuttlefish
PrincessNintendo
Lazernugget
Shadow99
Mitchz95
Bence657
Naboo9
Ionjii1026
Epsilon
Terwynd
DRaGO
3D
Delta
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:11 pm

What's it mean when somebody used bold when they're describing their attack?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 pm

It's not something that I put in the rules — my interpretation is that it's simply to highlight when someone's making an attack. Whether or not you follow suit is your choice. =]
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:09 am

I actually got confused about 3D's response to my post.

Ion glowered at the little chap in front of him, leveling his carbine. Looking into it's big eyes, he felt somewhat sorry for the creature for a split second. It seemed harmless...why would he want to kill such a thing?

In a moment, he snapped out from this reverie, sending a signal to his left top shoulder panel, along with the right top, extending two strong lever-like arms bearing a welding iron and gutting knife, capable of hacking through the side of a freighter without so much as a scratch. Gunning his repulser forwards, he lunged at the creature in front of him, attempting to hack down it's defenses in a swift, bloody escapade

I thought at first he's after killing my character but then er.. well that wouldn't be right unless I want that to happen which I won't so yeah..anyway what's happening now at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:21 am

3D was stating his attack, but leaving it open for you to evade it — you wouldn't die unless you allowed it, even if his attack is potentially deadly. Happy. He can attempt to kill you as much as he likes, but what his attacks actually end up doing to your character is for you to post as a response.

Currently we're mostly still locked in the fight with Ion.
Back to top Go down
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Ionjii1026

Upvotes: : 6
Location : Well, if i were to tell you that i was a Quantum Particle, and that i know exactly my speed then that would make my location incredibly uncertain, and lying anywhere within a range of differing values, none of which can be confirmed without interfering with my unpredictable quantum state. Bet you wish you didn't ask now.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:41 pm

i've missed most of this fight with Ion, so should i wait until after the fight is over, and then post as if my guy just tagged along and did nothing of note.

That would be easier for me happy. so if thats alright i'll do that. sorry i've been so absent, stupid school :L
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Well the fight has just ended, so I suppose you can do that whenever you wish.
Back to top Go down
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Shadow99

Upvotes: : 0
Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:08 am

Dang, I should stop not reading the RP for like a day now... lol
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:01 am

Any chance I can still join?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:03 am

Of course! Just fill in the character sheet on the OP and I'll evaluate it.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:40 pm

It's a bit late to be entering, don't you think? Unless you want people to be joining the story at random times, it might be a good idea to close. It's up to you, I just think it will get really confusing if you have to keep making opportunities for people to join into the IC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Hmm, well if it's only the one person then potentially it would be easy enough to slip Fish in with minimal fuss — as a recruit who had not been able to make it to the Ponderra and had instead arranged to join us when we next made berth, perhaps. That'd only take about one or two posts to do.

I agree, though, that perhaps afterwards we should consider closing entries to the IC: perhaps just to new players rather than secondary characters for existing players?
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:54 pm

It will be interesting to see if anyone even makes any more secondary characters.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Can anyone tell me what is happening now? I'll I know is theres some kind of rumble and the team has to hurry up or something..
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Something is exploding on the Pondera, and we need to get back to the ship quickly. That's about it. sweat
Back to top Go down
Pukinglilcuttlefish
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Pukinglilcuttlefish

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:08 am

NVM, I don't want another character yet. razz

Last edited by Pukinglilcuttlefish on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://pukinglilcuttlefish.deviantart.com
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:26 am

Hey, since we're all on board the Lacuna now, and it's going to serve as our primary means of transportation, I thought I'd give a brief description — it's tweaked from a post I made on the first page of the IC:

The Lacuna looked about as hard-worn on the inside as it did on the outside — the interior could really do with a spot of paint and maybe a polish on the metal surfaces. There were several closet-sized bunk rooms along the port side for the crew to sleep in, on the starboard side a poky living area with a kitchenette, dining table and a bedraggled sofa in front of a holo-screen. Up front could be found the cockpit, the control center for the whole vessel. At the rear were the landing-ramp and the engineering deck, though most of the latter ran unseen below the main deck until it met the storage bay.

Also, here's a very basic floor-plan I put together for convenience:

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Lacuna11
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:51 am

Does the Lakuna have a hanger bay or a docking port for smaller ships? I didn't see it on the map.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:58 am

It's not big enough to hold larger ships — the vessel is more on a scale with the Millennium Falcon or the Ebon Hawk (though obviously a fair bit larger to allow all the characters cabin space). If you're wondering about your own fighter-craft, then it might make more sense to magnetically attach onto the bottom of the Lacuna and teleport in and out.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:07 am

User: DarkFish
Name: Ariolimax (named after a Genus of slug)
Age:23 (Lyrawks are fairly short lived and live up to 70 years max)
Race: Lyrawk
Homeworld: Unknown
Equipment: he lives in a simple mech. This mech has the following gear: a small Plasma Pulser on the end of it's tail. A Mini Happy Ray (for crowd control and hostage negotiation) mounted on it's generator. Metal wings giving him the ability to glide (but are two heavy to fly). The ability to shoot weak discharges of electricity from the mech's eyes. The mech has negligible armor, but is fairly fast.
Bio: Unlike most Lyrawks Ariolimax 990,768,067,763,547,999,964 (Lyrawks have numbers instead of last names) had a rough childhood as he lived in a distant colony. Unlike most Lyrawks, he had the urge to have adventures and left his colony at the age of 16. He soon customized his mech with various weaponry. He lived a few years as a rogue. However, at the age of 22 he decided to join the Rangers. However, as he was in such deep space at the time, it was not until now he was approved.
Strengths: a calculating scientific mind. Skilled artist. A small aforementioned mech suit. The ability to survive with large amounts of poison gas (his species evolved this as they live in subterranean environments)
Weaknesses: he is completely defenseless without his mech-suit. Has a very soft body. Has more moral values than most other rangers. Has a restricted diet or roots and youtubers.

This doesn't include his weaponry, but he looks pretty much like this: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500788549198

Last edited by DarkFish on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 am

Adding your character. Happy.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Delta, that map is epic. Nice work, it's always nice to have a visual reference. Joyful
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Great map is all I can say. ^^
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:22 am

Thank you. Happy. I may have to do more rough maps in future.

One thing that's been circling in my head for a few days is introducing some kind of ad-hoc money system: since we keep talking about purchasing ship and weapon upgrades on-planet, I suppose I could drop in a statement of how much spending-money we have at our disposal when we go planetside, possibly in bold as a reminder. People could deduct from it as they buy items, and likewise I could add to it as we do jobs. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:39 am

Would we only have a group amount to spend? or could individuals have money for only them to spend? EX. I already said that Celdryc has 2.5-3 thousand 'credits' from previous missions on his own (was an assassin for hire)
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:43 am

I think for simplicity's sake it would be a group total — also having access to nigh-limitless funds would be a bit of a game-breaker. razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next