GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Nerrone's Rangers IC

Go down 
+7
Lazernugget
Darkshadow
PrincessNintendo
Potatrobot
Delta
IsakTheWriter
Mitchz95
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:08 am

Quark, never getting a reply from Kwa, decided to go out to find several rangers all amazed about some devise that had shot out some bright beam. Quark then observed the scene. A box was set aside, and the same devise that had shot out that green beam, were in everyone's hand. Another curious thing was Xol, who looked like he was never injured at all. The scabs that were scattered below him supported the idea that somehow he'd been fixed. That would explain the devises, that shot out the green bio-colored light, but Quark still wasn't sure, so when 'Cuna appeared behind him, he decided to ask for both of them. "Interesting scene we have here, eh? But, um, what exactly are these blinding devises?" Quark said aloud.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:49 am

"If there's any leftovers, I might as well patch up whatever part isn't bad." Bianca then offered to go next. She looked backed at Chalen who didn't seemed to suffer any injuries what's so ever. "Still he might as well apply something to ease the burns", she thought silently.
"Chalen you might as well get healed up to before we go off on the next *fun* mission." Without much saying anything, Chalen flew to join his friend. When they got their meds they did their best medic skills to which they both excelled at (well Bianca Vorpal the most anyway). They both checked each other making sure they didn't forget anything. "You look good Chalen. Got your gear sorted out?" Chalen looked at his armour that he got from Cogs. It's badly dented. He wasen't sure if anyone could fix it for him. Chalen's wing-like ears drooped. "Apart from having armour fixed, I good to go. I'd say your ready no doubt." Bianca smiled. "You know me too well. Either you can get someone to fix that armour or just wait till we find a pitstop after the mission." Chalen had to agree on her statement. He was glad they are no longer arguing with each other like they had moments ago. He noticed Quark had just litterly came into the room wondering what everyone is up to.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:58 am

Bor scowled. "I wouldn't have survived this long if I were anything other than a realist. Well, I'm glad to see you're no longer injured. If we use more of those things, I recommend we do it inside the Lacuna to avoid attracting attention."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:05 am

Kwa spared a glance for the tower, the foot of which stood on the other side of the paved courtyard a stone's throw away. Partially hidden from her line of sight by the statue presiding over the courtyard, the main double-doors appeared to stand open. It was impossible to make out anything inside from here.

"I agree — I had no idea the field of medicine had become so... flashy."

"Yes, well," Governor Dier's halting voice broke in, "It's all a little new at this point: all that heat and light is really just an inefficiency in the design. If you want my opinion, I don't think the folks in R&D fully understand this new delivery system — hence the warning labels they so love to plaster over everything."

"...Right, guess that means I'm lifting and carrying again," Dagon grumbled, and awkwardly hefted one box under each arm. As he and the rest of the crew helped shift the devices into the ship's living area, Dagon briefed Quark, and anyone else in earshot who was not yet informed, on what exactly these devices did — pretty much an abridged version of what Dier had already told them over the comlink.

With a grunt, the last one was hefted onto the table in the Lacuna's living area. Dagon, slightly breathless, addressed everyone:

"Right then. We've got six of these doohickies left; that should to leave us with enough people in good health to get the job done. Maybe even keep one or two for later, eh? That'd be nice."

"By all means, guys, help yourselves."
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Xol and Grecsh both looked at each other, the former still surprised at how well the device had worked, the latter wondering how many times he would have an opportunity to use EMP grenades.

Xol headed over to Kwa and Dagon and addressed them,

"I think it would be beneficial for us to take a look at those plans the Governor sent you, and try to figure out a plan of attack. Unless you have already formulated a plan...?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Rhak followed Xol and quickly followed with a line.
"I agree, with... Xol? I also agree with Bor. We need a plan and fast, or the Kingdom will blow up this city or we might have unpleasent guests."
"I got an idea, but we need to see the maps before making any sort of choice. We got too much to loose if we just rush in."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 am

Kwa nodded and motioned towards the holo-screen in the middle of the living area, "The map is right over there. Take a look. Dier's on the line if you've got any questions or need more details."

The holo-screen rendered a detailed 3D schematic of Sapphire Point in mid-air. It was a lot to take in all at once, but a few areas had been highlighted for convenience:

—The main foyer: a large room on the other side of the main entrance, featuring a reception desk with its own computer terminal, several more doors leading off to various parts of the building's lower levels and, on the side facing opposite the main entrance, a row of elevator doors.

—The central grav-lift shaft running right the way up the middle of the building: It appeared to have stops on every floor and was wide enough to host roughly five elevators — which on a normal day would be moved rapidly up and down the shaft by powerful anti-gravity fields, as opposed to the more old-fashioned pulley system used in Las Thaddas.

—A security booth on the first floor, set amidst a series of offices. This emplacement would doubtless contain a number of secure computer terminals with access to the building's internal systems, though nothing so important as the satellite communications.

—A staircase that wound its way up in parallel to the lift shaft. From the looks of things, climbing the whole tower in such a way would be quite an effort, but far from impossible.

—A small retractable landing pad about halfway up the side of the building. When activated, a large metal surface big enough to accommodate emergency vehicles or luxury shuttles would slide out from the wall, and supports would extend to meet it. Currently, however, it was powered down and inaccessible.

—And finally, the orbital communications hub: a large round control room set close to the top of the tower, from which orders could be sent to Santa Frerraro's defense satellites. This was where Governor Dier, and whatever sources he had access to, believed the interlopers responsible for this mess were holed up. The city would have to regain control of this room in order to put a stop to the cruiser's attack.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:09 am

Quark, now knowing about the devises, said "I suggest we keep at least one for studies, and one or more for the future. I'm not sure if I should use it, though my arm here is pretty messed up. 'Cuna's skin is based off a simpler but similar in theory regeneration devise, and will not need one. So that's 1 for studies, one or more for the future, and the rest for anyone who needs it. That leaves approximately 3, 2 if I can use one."

Then Quark turned to the now-projecting holo-screen. The Sapphire Point was an amazing place, compared to some other places. It was a good thing, knowing that they were almost done with this incredibly long mission, but it was still not over. Maybe if everyone could finish this thing up fast enough, Quark could finally get to adding those extra rooms and maybe even that mini-pod... It seemed like so long ago now, that he had attempted to start that. Maybe this time he could really get somewhere. The ship needed it now more than ever, with the mass of new crew members. Quark might even persuade Kwa to help with supplies...
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:36 am

Rhak bent down as he closely inspected the map of Sapphire Point. He looked up at Kwa and Dagon.
"I have an idea."
He rose pointing towards the landing pad and the security booth.
"If we can get in a skilled hacker to the security booth, he or she could hack the internal security systems and open the landing pad. We don't know the enemies locations, so a group would need to cover the hacker. That would be Team A."
"Once the landing pad is up and the secuirty systems is on our side, the rest of the group will take the elevator from the landing pad, to the hub( orbital communication). That will be Team B."
"That would be plan A. Plan B is if the hacking fails, we take a bomb and put it in an elevator and then sending it to the hub. We will then proceed by taking the elevators after the bomb goes off."
"And last; plan C. We fly up to the top and rail our way down. A death from above."
Rhak looked at the rest of the Rangers.
"So what do you say?"
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:45 am

Xol took a long look at the Sapphire Point schematics, ideas already coursing through his head. He had performed a number of break-ins in times past, but he was best known for his escapes. If they found themselves in a tight spot, he would know exactly what to do.

Thinking aloud, he said, "We'll obviously need to access both the security terminals in the foyer and first floor security office. The latter may host some sort of security shut-down program." Scratching his head, he added, "Quark, you should handle the foyer terminals."

Tapping his comms, he addressed Dier, "Would you happen to have any information regarding the concentrations of automated defenses in certain areas? Any information would be helpful, even just something you think of from memory."

Grecsh overheard Quark talking about "saving" some of the medical devices, and decided to approach him about it. "Do you really think they're just going to let us take off with highly experimental technology like this? I really doubt it, especially since we found them in boxes plastered with radioactive and bio hazard stickers..."
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:34 am

"Okay. Any thoughts at all? No? Yes?"
Rhak started to get frustrated. Yet he listened to Xol.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:48 am

Xol nodded to Rhak. "Looks like our ideas compliment each other. The landing pad idea might work, but it is likely that triggering something like that will alert our adversaries. We'll have to be very quick with everything. Planting a bomb might be a good backup plan, in case anything goes wrong, but we'd have to get our own people out of the danger zone before lighting any fuse. As for flying up, that may not work, as we'd essentially be gunning our way down through where the forces are thickest."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:37 am

Governor Dier thought for a moment: "I'm afraid I can't give you a comprehensive idea of the defenses' distribution — it would take weeks even for me to get authorisation for that sort of thing."

"...Wait, a bomb?" he spluttered, "Nonononono, I can't allow that! The equipment in the hub is just too sensitive!"
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Flank, even though positive that everyone heard Governor Dier's rebuttal to Rhak's plan, stepped forward to help defend the shaky man's reasoning.
"Well, even if the equipment wasn't sensitive, I'm sure that the rest of the elevator shaft is. Hope you like stairs, 'cause I don't."
He stood there, staring at the holo-map of Sapphire Point, scratching the top-right jaw of his mouth before asking: "Can't we just take the elevator up?"
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Rhak didn't know if he should do a facepalm for the Ravis question. He decided not to, starting a fight before a mission isn't a good way to go.
"Well, that screws up plan B. And if the automated defence systems are concentrated in the hub, there goes our advantage."
Rhak was silent in thought, as his mind went through several scenarios, all ending with unknown.
"What if we do a pincer movement?" If we could hack the security, then have a small group railing down from above? We do have two ships."
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Bianca Vorpal gave this plan some serious thought. The pincer movement could be a good idea. The only problem would be that the timing has to be perfect. Another problem occured to herself. Bianca hasen't been selected to go with Team A or Team B since she's still a new member of the Nerrone's Rangers. Sheepishly, she spoke out loud to the others.
"If you don't mind me that I interrupt for the moment but can someone tell me which team does the distracting and the other does the techy work?"
-----------------------------
Chalen shook his head when Governor Dier momentary panicked after one of the others had mentioned planting a bomb. "Why would he be afraid? I thought he suppose to have don't give a dam attuide", Chalen thought to himself. Just how senistive are these weapons located in the hub?
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:12 pm

"The teams aren't decided. But Team A or we can nickname it 'hacker team', will be hacking the systems and will be a small group with a medical expert and atleast two heavy armored 'guards' for the hacker. Team B or the 'strike team', would consist of most of us."
Rhak again thought a bit before speaking again.
"We could also leave a small group of the mercs on the ship as a support group. A reserve."
He looked at Bianca, slightly tilting his head.
"The Strike Team, shouldn't start the attack until the Hacker Team have breached the security systems. If not, it could turn into a bloodbath."
Rhak looked back at the schematics of Sapphire Point and spoke, more to himself than the rest of the Rangers.
"Too bad the tech in the hub is too sensitive. I would like to go in with a bang and not out with one."

Last edited by IsakTheWriter on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:11 am

Quark, overhearing the new plan, knew instantly which team he'd apply for. "Well, seems as though we're starting up the whole team thing again. As team A needs Hackers and Medics, I think me and 'Cuna will both be volunteering for Team A."

"Yes, Quark and I can provide help with hacking. As for medical help, I have knowledge, but am not an official medic and can only help to an extent."
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:48 pm

(Bianca) "Well if Team A needs hackers and medics, I'll go with that group. I have little experience with hacking but I'm a good healer unless someone disagrees plus I'm very stealthy and can go invisable but however, it only last for a short amount of time so please don't give me a task that takes ages to finish."
-------------------
(Chalen) "I'll go with Team B since I fare better with striking then techy work. Most of you saw me how I fight even if fighting style looked awkward but that kind of thing helps yes?" He pointed at his body armour which is badly dented from their last mission. "Dose anyone know how to fix armour?"
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Flank continued to scratch his jaw as he thought: I'm heavily armed, if not armoured, so I should go with the hacker team. Body guard. But I'd have to be around... He stole half a glance at Bianca and 'Cuna, and sighed inwardly.
Strike team then? No, we need to get this done quickly. Strike team will have plenty of gun. If we're going to get out of here before the ship pulverises the city, the hackers need as little resistance as possible, but...

Flank continued to argue with himself for a time he neglected to keep track of, uncertain of whether he was referring to himself or the crew when he thought we, before taking his hand away from his mouth and saying "I'll go with the hacker team."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:22 pm

"Insertion at the top of the tower is an interesting idea," Kwa said, "but risky. We were lucky not to attract any unwelcome attention on the way here, but there's no telling how that might change if our friendly neighborhood strike cruiser spots us hovering above the one building that could put them out of business. I don't think I need to tell you what sort of a curb-stomp battle that would be. Bor's ship has a stealth field but, well... it is rather small."

She broke off and winced, one hand reaching towards her neck. Dagon gave her a quizzical look. She gestured dismissively, "The painkillers are beginning to wear off." She winced again as another lance of pain tore through her spine, and stumbled over to the ETR's on the table.

Kwa planted her hand firmly on top of the nearest device. Thirty seconds and a bright flash of light later she was standing naturally again, tilting her head from side to side experimentally.

"...Hm. Excellent."
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Rhak looked somewhat worried under the helmet, though no one could see it.
"Can we rig the stealth field of Bor's ship to cover the Lacuna?"
He turned towards Quark and Xol.
"Hey! You're crafty with ships and tech, right? Can we rig the stealth field from Bor's ship to the Lacuna?"
Rhak stayed silent for a while, thinking.
"But we could only do so for a short time, otherwise the engine would overload. Am I right? If so, the timing would be more crucial than before."
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Bor grimanced. "Guys, my cloaking device is designed to work in the vacuum of space. If it's used inside of an atmosphere, that cruiser may detect a vacuum where the stealth field is.

"Perhaps we could approach the tower from behind, with the cruiser on the other side. If we use the cloak, the chances of detection will be much lower."
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:48 pm

"Well, Rhak is right, we could fit something like his cloaking field onto the Lacuna, but yes, it would drain much power from the engines, due to the fact that the field requires similar energy that a subspace field does. But Bor is right that, just like you can trace a subspace field, putting the cloaking devise on would appear as a vacuum. We'd be seen." Quark replied.

"Yes, unless we want to be detected I suggest we find another way. Maybe at some point Quark, possibly Xol, and I will be able to draw up some plans on another cloaking devise, but right now we don't have time." 'Cuna said.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:46 am

"Any rig you cook up to siphon the fighter's stealth will be pretty unreliable. I'll stay out of that project, thanks.

"As for the task at hand, I would be more than willing to lead the hacker team, as I did with Team B back on Las Thaddas." He looked to Kwa for affirmation of his wishes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers IC
Page 12 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next