GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Nerrone's Rangers IC

Go down 
+7
Lazernugget
Darkshadow
PrincessNintendo
Potatrobot
Delta
IsakTheWriter
Mitchz95
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Dier perspired slightly, struggling to bring his breathing back down to a normal level. At his age, he thought, surely there should be a law about not having to jump out of bed at the crack of dawn and sprint across the hub district of Santa Frerraro, to wrest control of a comlink from Air Traffic Control — his pajamas and dressing gown were attracting some odd looks from a handful of people in the control room. But this was an emergency, and though he was no great military leader it would be a cold day in hell when Governor Hans Dier would sit back and let the city burn — even if it meant carefully forgetting to inform the rest of the Council of his actions.

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork...

He wiped his brow and spoke into the comlink once more: "It all started several hours ago, not long past midnight. We had a break-in at Sapphire Point — a military installation we use to communicate with our orbital defense satellites, among other things. The perpetrators waltzed right past the security measures and took the main control center in mere minutes; we suspect it was an inside job. All communication with the building has since ceased, and the teams sent to investigate discovered that the internal defenses — auto-turrets, attack drones, everything — had been hijacked and turned against anyone attempting to enter."

"We were in the process of putting together a team to secure the building when... well, I suppose that's when the true purpose of the break-in was revealed. Our military resources are stretched thin enough as it is, and what we're seeing here is total chaos. Are you starting to get the picture?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:04 pm

"Hmm, so you want us to re-infiltrate Sapphire Point and take it back for you?" Xol, steering wheel still in hand, smiled. This day just got a bit better...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:34 pm

"That's the long and short of it, yes," Governor Dier shuffled uncomfortably, casting glances either side of him to make sure no-one was listening in on him too closely. In a crisis like this, however, even the sight of one of the city's highest authorities bursting in wearing his bedclothes could only distract the operators in Air Traffic Control for more than a few seconds.

"The installation is the tallest building in the Industrial sector of the city, difficult to miss. I'm arranging to have a good friend of mine transport some supplies to a landing pad nearby that I think you might find useful, given you have just returned from what was doubtless an arduous endeavor. I shall supply you with schematics of the building and stay on the line here to provide intel and support, if necessary. It would be no understatement to say we would be indebted to you all if you can accomplish this task."

"That's assuming we can even land in the city without being annihilated," Kwa interjected, "Things in the airspace above Frerraro have gotten a little hot of late, in case you failed to notice."

Dier sighed and wiped his brow again, "I'm afraid there is a limit to what I can do from here, as a politician, though I am given to understand the military are deploying their own sub-space fighter craft as we speak. They shall not be expecting you, but neither are they likely to purposely target a civilian vessel. Try not to be caught in the crossfire."

The Lacuna was getting closer to the city now. The individual lights in the buildings of Santa Frerraro were now discernible, as well as further details of the aggressing strike cruiser. They would soon come within range of its formidable arsenal.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Dark_potato57 wrote:

What he saw caused his maw to gape, and his scope to magnify the horrifying scene before him to the maximum. He wouldn't have cared if Kwa, 'Cuna and Bianca simultaneously stared him down, he couldn't take his sight off the imposing shape of the Kingdom ship.
"Good... God."

Bianca and even Chalen couldn't blame him. A ship like the Kingdom would be as imposing like a lion except it wouldn't need a mane. Chalen did something unsual. He went over to Flank regarding the fact that although they are rivals, even they needed to help each other. Chalen carefully tapped Flank by his knee and said:" It be okay Flank." Though Chalen is still worried but he also assured Bianca that everything would be okay.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 am

Flank groped lazily at the rifle Rhak offered back to him. He couldn't draw his gaze from the behemoth, and the world seemed to hush. His fingers refused to close around the metal, so he pulled it into a limp hug. A faint mumble brought his attention back to his other senses, and he turned his gaze from the ship to find that the Acheen was talking to him.
"... call me Rhak. And you are?"
He shook his head to clear his head, then replied, "Oh, yes, I'm Flank, thank you."
A tap by his knee caught his attention. He looked down, with his head and cannon moving in tandem, to behold the Sprite, who's name he didn't know either.
He accepted the assurance the creature offered his a slow nod.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 am

The Kingdom Celdryc thought Why does that sound familiar? I must have had something to do with them at once point... He might have been hired by them or to do something to them at some point, he decided. Deciding ot was not important, he moved on to think about other things.

"So now we get to retake a military facility?Should be easy, seeing as we just took down an entire city. Of course, there is that thing to worry about..." he said, nodding toward the huge kingdom ship.The ship had him slightly uneasy, but in his line of work he had encountered more than one giant ship that wouldn't be happy to have him around. Of course, until they did anything relating to the facility it should leave them alone. Hopefully it would, as even in top condition the Lacuna would turn into a chunk of burning wreckage within seconds against a ship like that. Because of this he was slightly nervous, because one word in his thoughts kept sticking out to him:

Should

IO looked up at the giant ship above the city. The Lacuna was in no shape to even go near a hostile ship of that kind. "So if we take this facility back, you have something that could deal with the giant ship hovering over the city? Because if you don't, getting it back seems pointless."
For the time being he had equiped himself with his AA lazer, in case there were any smaller hostile ships that would bother with them. While this was unlikely, it was always better to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:39 am

"With our orbital weaponry back online and brought to bear there is little doubt it would be able to deter, if not completely destroy, the ship attacking Frerraro," Governor Dier replied, "If it was not a threat, the enemy would not have gone to such lengths to remove it from play."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Zeriax was completely confused about what they were talking about. And what the fritt kind of name is The Kingdom. Zeriax was better off in his home galaxy-- Nestax-II. At least Nestax-II was free of war and ignorance... for the moment. Zeriax paced around.

"So, I guess you guys will be killing some 'Knight's?" Zeriax laughed a little. "Get it? Because you guys are fighting 'The Kingdom'. Damn, I'm on a roll." Zeriax said with a jerky tone. "Anyways in all seriousness, what will I be doing? Can I just leave to my assassination or are you guys so attached to me that you want to keep me here a little bit longer." Zeriax said.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Rhak stared at the assasin. For someone that claimed to be of his job, he didn't seem well informed. He turned towards Kwa.
"This will take some finesse." Rhak said as he leaned his head on his hand, in a posture similiar to the thinker.
"Do you have any map of the compound?" He asked Dier. "And don't give me a heap of political bullsh*t not to."
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Xol stared back at Zeriax, his face bearing that, "Dude seriously?" look.

He then turned to Kwa and said, "Are we a go on this mission or not?"
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Kwa was silent for a moment. Dagon replied for her: "If we don't accept, will there even be anyone left to pay us for what we've done so far?"

"Hmm... Well Governor," Kwa said, "It seems you have yourself a team. Send us the map of Sapphire Point and we shall attend to the matter presently."
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Bianca wouldn't mind another mission and she hoped that lot's of injuries won't be caused on herself this time though Chalen (poor guy) groaned and moaned.
"Really..taking new mission after nearly all of us got killed in that last one?"
"I half agree with you Chalen but I don't want to just wait about feeling board silly. You guys haven't seen what I can really do when I'm full of energy and offense Chalen but you seriously need to man up and move on." That sounded way harsh for Chalen's Wing-like ears. Chalen really did get offended but didn't make a smart comeback at Bianca as it would be pointless.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:39 pm

"Allright then. I will help plan this."
Rhak said as he rose from his leaned position. He looked around the cockpit. Rhak stopped to look at the Kingdom's ship, which was receiving and sending fire.
"Welcome home." He muttered to himself.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:29 am

Xol checked the dashboard of the ship and found a new file labeled, "Sapphire Point". He forwarded it to Kwa's field computer, then asked her, "So, around where should we land?"
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:15 am

"Um, excuse me," said Bor, who had limped over to the cockpit in time to hear most of the briefing. "We barely made it off Las Thaddas alive, and now we're taking another assignment that's even more suicidal than the last. Are we sure we shouldn't just cut our losses and get the hell out of here? Maybe you haven't noticed, but we're hardly in any shape for more combat."
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:25 am

Xol turned in his seat to face Bor. Pointing out the window, he said, "You see that ship? That ship represents no pay for us if we don't complete this new mission. It also represents a huge military willing to hammer down hard on our asses if we try and leave the atmosphere. Cutting our losses at this point means sticking around for this extra mission."
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:31 am

Bor shook his head. "That battleship doesn't seem interested in us; I doubt it'd intervene if we left right now. But if we try to enter the city, it might consider us a threat. And I'd rather come away from this broke than dead."
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:39 am

"Me too, but we don't have much of a choice, now do we?" Xol paused. "If you really want to keep yourself out of harm's way, maybe you should stay here with the ship while we break in to the facility. Someone will need to anyway."

((Read the OOC about Hutch's upcoming plans, effectively I've just set it all up for him, assuming Bor stays on the ship.))
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:33 am

Rhak had crossed his arms over his chest. He had already come to the same conclusion that Xol had. He turned to Kwa and Dagon.
"You got any good plan or a beginning of one?"
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:07 am

Bor stiffened. "I am not afraid," he said coldly. "I just don't think that we have a realistic chance of getting out of there alive, given our current condition. The Lacuna is barely flyable, several people are injured, and now we're going on a hopeless mission that will probably get us all killed. What good is money when when we're dead?"
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 am

Flank turned to Bor, and answered his rhetorical question. "If you've got any kids, they inherit it. If not, then it's no good at all. It just makes us strive to live, at least."
He then addressed Rhak. "If you're going anywhere, I want to come with you."
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Everyone was having a difficult decision to make. If they took the mission in their current state, they might not come back alive but recive the pay. On the other hand, if they turned down the mission and find somewhere to get proper medi supplies, they will not recive the pay. Even Chalen had no idea how the choice will turn out but if the others vote on taking the mission, he'll accept it despite his own choice earlier moments ago. Bianca Vorpal is hoping the others do accept it. Though she was still suffering from her injuries, Bianca is determined not to let that bother her. They both waited for the final results.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Rhak looked at Flank while waiting for an answer from the founder of the mercenary group.
"I'm not going anywhere, sorry. I would just slow down the rest of the group."
Rhak turned towards Bor.
"This is right now our best shot. I want out of this mess as much as you, but we need to think here. The Lacuna isn't fit for interstellar travel, we've gotten to much damage. We need it fixed first, but now the Kingdom is invading and that means that they'll find us sooner or later. And I don't think they're as nice as the Coalition."
He turned towards the rest of the people in the cockpit.
"We need a great hacker. It would be best if we could turn the automated deffence systems against the Kingdom. Not only does it make a good distraction, but it will soften them up, hopefully. Anyone up for the job?"
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:45 am

((Apologies for my absence this week.))

"The enemy's control over Sapphire Point isn't total," Dier's voice broke in over the comms, "Their efforts concentrated on cutting the facility off from our network, rendering it useless to us, and then on activating the interior defenses. Our recon team managed to override the door locks, so there shouldn't be much to stop you moving through the building however you like, drones and turrets aside."

Kwa addressed the group — a flickering 3D schematic floated on the air behind her, courtesy of the Lacuna's holo-screen. Sapphire Point could have been mistaken for any of the silver spires at the centre of Santa Frerraro: a tall, slender building that tapered to a point at its peak, surprisingly elegant for what was supposedly a military emplacement — a more functional-looking set of walls and checkpoints ringed the base of the tower, within which stood a solitary landing pad.

"The main control hub is at the top of the spire," she said, "Once we find our way up there, we should have all the information we require to restore the facility to operation. I see a set of main doors leading to a large foyer, from which we may access the grav-lifts and staircases in order to ascend. Automated security will be a problem though."

The Lacuna continued its descent towards Sapphire Point; apparently the enemy strike cruiser had little interest in the crippled, lightly-armed vessel scuttling across its sensors, and instead concentrated its efforts on the squadron of combat fighters that had just been deployed against it. The air echoed with the cracks of the cruiser's defense turrets sending bolts of plasma at the new aggressors, interspersed with the occasional thunderous rumble as another bomb was dropped on the city, turning a little more of Santa Frerraro into ash and rubble in a yellow-green blaze.

"You should land inside Sapphire Point's perimeter walls," the Governor advised, "There shouldn't be any immediate danger, and I've had an acquaintance of mine leave you a package there that I thought you might find useful."
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:10 am

"Oh, well, OK." Flank said to Rhak. He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling slightly embarrassed. Flank turned his vision to the strike cruiser as the Lacuna chugged past it, and glared at it.

The only time he had battled a vessel of such magnitude was during the war on his race's planet. He was an Admiral then, and he managed to tear two of the invading ships out of the sky by shooting one in the engines and sacrificing his warship to collide into the other, somewhat short of a kamikaze.

He was decidedly short on warships while he studied the strike cruiser from the Lacuna cockpit, trying to devise some other way of bringing it down, if the need arose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers IC
Page 10 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next