GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Doomsday Prophecys

Go down 
+17
DarkFish
Lazernugget
PrincessNintendo
Mitchz95
Gelatino95
DarkStar
Hutch
infidel775
Naboo9
Bence657
Dark_Plague
3D
Terwynd
Kitty
Skybubbles
ReFrostE
Drew
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:43 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
Seeing as the main purpose of this thread has been served, I recommend this be locked.

Seems to be doomsday related talk still going on, I see no reason for a lock. Perhaps a rename would be more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Here we go again...   Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Here we go again...he's moved the doomsday date up to October 21. He says that the actual Judgement Day did happen on Saturday, but the Rapture and the end of the world won't happen until October.
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Oh dear... At least people won't believe him as much now he's mis-predicted.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:40 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
Seeing as the main purpose of this thread has been served, I recommend this be locked.

Why is it that people always want threads to be locked after a day or so of discussion, even though it's still flourishing?

It's also Ironic that most of the people that want threads to be locked after a day or so of it being formed, are also the ones who desperately want more people to come on to the forum. Not the best way to attract newcomers, folks.

Anyway, on topic. Terraforming, sadly isn't possible in both an economic and due to time constraints. It would cost untold amounts of money to constantly send rockets on trips that take a LONG time to constantly monitor, and add things to a possibly growing ecosystem. Simply put, it would take decades, and more likely centuries to complete such a project, and even then. It's impractical, and chances are the next generations will not have the patience, and shut down the project entirely. And then what would we gain? Moving organisms to a planet with a COMPLETELY different G-force will kill them faster than anything else. It wont work out long term, unless we can somehow modify the gravitational pull of planets and make space travel as fast as a trip down the highway.

And don't think I don't want to help solve our environmental problem, I simply find it EXTREMELY illogical to simply dump our problems on to another solar mass. I want to become an engineer, and I think the only way we can actually make a terraforming project possible is if we first solve our problems here on earth, and hopefully I can aid in at least HELPING the declining environment we're stuck with, but it's far too early to go looking into space. It's what killed science fiction for many people, we got bored with the universes star trek and star wars created. We realized that it wouldn't be happening anytime soon and dropped the idea entirely. And the general public hasn't picked it up since then.

Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:03 am

Hutch wrote:
It's far too early to go looking into space. It's what killed science fiction for many people, we got bored with the universes star trek and star wars created. We realized that it wouldn't be happening anytime soon and dropped the idea entirely. And the general public hasn't picked it up since then.
I wouldn't say people are bored of those ideas yet. Surely the success of the new Star Trek movie and Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series (though I personally hate it) proves this.

But as for the rest of your argument, I mostly agree. As for the locking issue, the thread was being used mostly to discuss terraforming. After Gelatino95 said he moved this discussion to The Lab, I felt that the thread was no longer needed.

That's just my opinion; feel free to do whatever.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:58 am

I really just moved the terraforming discussion to the Lab, so we still have a living discussion here. Hutch is right, we have a nice living topic and we shouldn't abandon it.

ANYWAY, so now the doomsday is October 21? Where did this guy get his date from, did he actually look it up or did he just make it up? Honestly, I'm not keeping up with all this, so this thread is pretty much my only source of information.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:03 am

"My prediction is on 2012, someone eats a banana, but get this: The banana has the power of 6 atom bombs, and everything blows up. Including the entire universe, so no species will take our place."

The End.

The End?

That wasn't funny, do either one of you feel like laughing?
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: October 21, 2011   Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:14 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
So now the doomsday is October 21? Where did this guy get his date from, did he actually look it up or did he just make it up? Honestly, I'm not keeping up with all this, so this thread is pretty much my only source of information.
Technically, he predicted that the Rapture would happen on May 21, and that everyone left behind would suffer five months of hell on Earth before the world was actually destroyed on October 21. Now he says the actual "judgement" did happen on May 21, but they won't be called to heaven until the 21, after which everyone else will die as a massive fireball consumes the Earth.

Follow this page to follow the developments.

FrostieBuniou wrote:
"My prediction is on 2012, someone eats a banana, but get this: The banana has the power of 6 atom bombs, and everything blows up. Including the entire universe, so no species will take our place."

The End.

The End?

That wasn't funny, do either one of you feel like laughing?
No.

Last edited by Mitchz95 on Wed May 25, 2011 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Well, I just finished re reading the bible and guess what, there is NO rapture. It's been hinted in some passages, but the holy bible never specifically said anything about the rapture or some sort of judgement day.

My best guess is, people used the hints from the bible and turned in into the rapture, people just got ignorant and picked up the idea and ran with it.

So yeah, this guy is most likely a complete and total liar.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Huh?   Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Hutch wrote:
Well, I just finished re reading the bible and guess what, there is NO rapture. It's been hinted in some passages, but the holy bible never specifically said anything about the rapture or some sort of judgement day.

My best guess is, people used the hints from the bible and turned in into the rapture, people just got ignorant and picked up the idea and ran with it.

So yeah, this guy is most likely a complete and total liar.
How does that prove him a liar? Loads of people believe in Judgement Day and the Rapture.

And it says right in Revelations that God will read names from a book. Those people will go to heaven and the rest will suffer in a "lake of fire". The Rapture won't likely be as physical as that, but it does say it will happen.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:22 am

The entire bible originated from belief. If people believe in the Rapture, how does that make it any different from what's already in the bible?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: WRONG!!!   Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:32 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
The entire bible originated from belief. If people believe in the Rapture, how does that make it any different from what's already in the bible?
The Bible was written by the prophets two thousand years ago based on what they were told (or thought they'd been told, depending on your perspective) by God.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:38 am

Gelatino95 wrote:

Bible was written by god and its context cannot be proved or disproved.
Back to top Go down
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Shadow99

Upvotes: : 0
Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Honestly, I know that the whole Rapture thing didn't happen and that its way past from when people where talking about it, but I'm a World of Warcraft player and the day b4 the Rapture was set to occur I was on it, and someone brought up a good point in the Horde capital I thought I'd share with you all:

Some Random Dude: OH NO THE WORLD IS GOING TO END TOMMOROW!!!

Other Random Dude: Oh please, if you really believed all that Rapture stuff wouldn't u have better things to b doing BESIDES playing WoW?

Me: Lol

And besides, the Bible says no one can predict the end of the world, people have been trying to for yeard and still a real apocalypse as yet to happen, I am done... Lol
Back to top Go down
infidel775
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
infidel775

Location : A bunker on Casparan, heavily defended by Kas guards.

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:37 am

2012:

Because the people who used leaves as toilet paper and rocks as basketballs can predict the future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/infidel775
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Mayans   Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:08 am

infidel775 wrote:
2012:

Because the people who used leaves as toilet paper and rocks as basketballs can predict the future.
Did the ancient Mayans even have toilet paper and basketball?
Back to top Go down
infidel775
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
infidel775

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:46 am

We give them enough credit as it is.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:28 am

infidel775 wrote:
rocks as basketballs can predict the future.

They actually use the decapitated heads of the losers of the matches, not rocks.
Back to top Go down
infidel775
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
infidel775

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:09 am

THEY'RE STILL DOING IT WRONG
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 am

If anyone actually were to look closely at the "2012 prediction" they would know that this end of the world bull came from out of no where. The Mayans and other civilizations that predicted it were not predicating the end of days, they were predicting the end of a period in the intergalactic cycle that involves the earth changing to a very small unnoticeable extent. It would not effect the planet whatsoever either and this has been proved.

The orbits of the sun and earth will be lined up. Not the orbits themselves but the planet and sub will be aligned while the sun in a certain spot that will make the earth loose its magnetic field for a very very very short time. NASA can predict the patterns of the sun, and I might add that a solar flare wont be happening at that time and there are no meteors that are in a direct path with earth that are large. According to nasa.

The whole idea that we are all going to die is quite stupid and frankly, whoever came up with it must have been either brain dead or just retarded.

The Mayans were not wrong, it was the people who thought that we are truly. All going to die becuase of it.
Back to top Go down
infidel775
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
infidel775

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 pm

We've been doing the "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE THIS YEAR" shtick since 2000. Just another excuse to throw an "End of the World" party, get drunk, and have a good time. If the world DOES end in 2012, I can at least say I went down breakdancing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Prophecys    Doomsday Prophecys  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doomsday Prophecys
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7