GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)

Go down 
+13
Kitty
-NOX-
camelfox
Shadow99
AgentAG
Dark_Plague
DarkFish
Hutch
Bence657
Epsilon
Drew
Pintoz
DarkStar
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:38 am

The General Idea:

Okay, so the other day I was thinking about making a RP server in minecraft. I thought about it for awhile and got an idea for one. Originally my idea was that when players join, they would choose between 2 nations, Red Nation and Blue Nation(how original of names :P). As a member of the nation of the nation of his or her choosing, the players would help their nation by fighting the enemy, collecting goods, and building new cities. My only problem with that was to basic of an idea. So my new Idea is this:

Four or five smaller nations(of different races/types) would share of compete for the world they are in. They grow bigger and stronger by the basic minecraft things(mining, hunting, farming, building), and by waging wars and making alliances with other nations. Each nation would have its own government style (king/queen, conical, ect.) The individual players would have classes they could excel in.(archer, swordsmen, miner, farmer, medic, ect.)

Thats my idea(s). Do you guys like it? I think it would be fun to make and possibly give the forum more publicity. But i would need your help for it. What do you all think?

The Three Nations:

The mining nation: (100% complete) Just giving it an update.

The Agriculture Nation: (100%) We may want to set aside more farm land
The Gate Keeper Nation: (40%-50%) We need to finish this one!

IP: 99.30.170.65

Last edited by DarkStar on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:59 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:46 am

It's a great idea, but it requires some hard dedicated work.

But, I would love to help!
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 am

I love the idea. As Long as I get to own everything. Trollface

Nawwwwwwwwww, well maybe.

It sounds like one hell of an idea to be honest. It would however take lots of dedication and a good computer.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:56 pm

That's a really nice idea which I'd love to help with.

Go for it!
Back to top Go down
Bence657
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Bence657

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:21 pm

I want to help. I have some experience having rp servers :P
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:03 pm

As long as you don't use hamachi, I'd be more than happy to jump in as an architect. I bruise easy, so no combat roles for me :P

Jokes aside, this seems like a pretty good idea, and I wish you luck in setting it up.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks guys for your offers. You are all welcome to help out. At the moment I'm setting up a non-hamachi server to use for the RP. But untill I get it up, lets discuss what we want in the RP. First of all, how many nations should it have? I'm leaning towards 4 small nations, that way there is more variation in building style and story for the players in the RP.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Well, I think 4 nations sounds good. But since you have 3 GB RAM (doesn't know if this makes any changes but I think it does) you maybe shouldn't have such a big world. 4 nations sounds kinda big and might take up a lot of place, so I would actually 3 nations. It's not much of a change and there will still be a story for the player. The problem with that though is that two nations could ally and and have war with the third one.

About the build style, I think every nation should have it's own theme, but of course I think people should be able to build their own houses. To theme, of course. Actually, I think when the server starts everything should be from scrath except maybe the kings castle. If it is that way you can hire many people for jobs to building up the nation and the main city of their nation and they will get paid for their work. It is also more fun.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:31 pm

We can also have each nation specialize in a certain export, for example. Nation X could be a mining nation that has outposts in caves, and sells coal, iron, redstone, and diamond to other nations, Nation Y could specialize in agriculture, taking most of the livestock and wheat. And Nation Z could Control minute amounts of all materials, this could create stronger alliances based on trading. Or completely destroy the point of the server if one nation simply decided to deny access to its resources, it could go either way. It would depend on the players, but it could make people think twice about simply going to war with other nations. Since they'll lose a lot more than they might gain.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 pm

I quite like this idea! I'm not sure about building to a theme though, I like it, but it will be kind of hard to reinforce it. I like the ideas of Mining/Agricultural/Manufacturing/War-like too, however, I think the resources collected should be up to the player, you are given certain advantages to your Nation's resource choice however (Mining nation's capital would be near a cave, Warrior nation's capital would be in some treacherous mountains, Agricultural nation's capital would be in a Taiga biome ect.).

This reminds me so much of the Civilization Stage in Spore. ;)
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Amazing Idea! I'd love to help join in building! I could help abit on the nations too and such. :P
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Since I prefer to be an architect, I'd be more than happy to amass buildings and greenhouses for the farming nation. I can also build starting settlements for everyone.

Also, I should say this. ALL nations will have access to a certain amount of wood, but the farming nations will have the majority of the forest Biomes, so to create a sustainable amount of tools and enough wood for building, you'll have to work with the farmers. Same goes for cobblestone, any nation can dig as deep as they want and get as much cobblestone as possible, but they won't be able to get enough iron and coal themselves, they'll need to deal with the mining nations

We can establish rules and penalties for any nations that try to horde saplings to create their own forests, or nations that try to make their own mining operations without us knowing. But if we want it to work, we'll need to only have GACers and other trustworthy folks that respect the nations' roles for it to work out long term. Maybe a whitelist server?
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 pm

I think Saplings should be allowed as long as they are grown in a Greenhouse (that means you'll need a bit of cobblestone, iron, redstone and glass).
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Again, we'd need to control it. Or an Agricultural nation would be pointless.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Maybe only the Agricultural Nation can make Greenhouses? Or, the other nations would only be able to make small greenhouses.
Back to top Go down
Bence657
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Bence657

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Why do you need redstone for a simple greenhouse?

EDIT: I sign up as an architect too. Built this park a while ago: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/the-park-of-rome/

Last edited by Bence657 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 pm

I thought you needed Redstone to make a lever (but you don't).
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:41 pm

I'm up for being an architect too... :3
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:43 pm

I would prefer to be an architect, but I guess I could be a Farmer/Wolf-tamer.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 am

Maybe in the RP we can put skill sets, so you can advance in the skill of your chossing(architec,farming,taming,ect.)
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:56 am

That's a good idea! There is actually a plugin for that which we could add.

I'm not sure what I want to be. Of course would it be fun to be a architect. Otherwise, I would like to the be first in command when it comes to mining operations in caves in the nation where you mine underground for resources. That would be fun, and I do know some thing about mining. We could set up minetracks underground which spreads out all over the cave system. So when miners are going to transport something up they simple put the minerals in the minecart with the chest and they push it up to the surface, From there, we will take care of it and smelt it in a little factory.

You will also not be able to enter the mine if you do not work there. But, it should not be hard to get work for mining. The mine will be protected around a building and with restriced acces.

So, in the mining area we need people who works down there who are mining, and people who smelts the minerals in the factory above. People can take turns though, the people who work in the factory can work down there later and the people who works with the mining goes up and work in the factory.

Also, everytime you go down you have to go down with a minecart and prefferably a chest in your inventory.
Back to top Go down
AgentAG
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : -1
Location : Gone, except for the occasional post in the game night thread. Yay.

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:34 am

Yesh... I sign up as a miner too! And about having to have a minecart and a chest with you, couldn't there just be one storage cart on the track that people send up and down?
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Yeah sure. You could use that minecart to send up the minerals too. So after everyday when the chest is full we can send it up with the newly mined minerals.
Back to top Go down
AgentAG
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : -1
Location : Gone, except for the occasional post in the game night thread. Yay.

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm

And the ones that are in the smelting place can send down food and tools.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Here again, this will actually work amazingly.

Who is going to give you sticks, and wood to make your chests, rails, and storage areas? The agricultural nation. Meaning that you sort of RELY on another party to do your job quickly and efficiently. And at the same time they rely on you so they can get the coal and iron they need to do their jobs efficiently.

And if things work just right, this just might be one of the better RPG servers we might have played on. This interdependent economy is very interesting.

Now, should the economy be based of an established currency (I.E. Gold ingots) Or bartering? (I'll give you my 15 iron ingots for your full stack of wood planks)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)   Minecraft RPG Server (just server now) Empty

Back to top Go down

Minecraft RPG Server (just server now)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next