GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

You know you're addicted to shooting games when...

Go down 
+2
Pintoz
Hutch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Empty
PostSubject: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:34 am

After engaging in a conversation with a friend at a video game shop the guy at the register takes notice. He joins in the conversation and starts telling us about a thing going around various forums for popular first person shooters, more of a humorous parody rather than an actual list. He called it the "You know you're addicted to shooting games when..." List. I found the name downright stupid, but after listening to what he gave us I took some interest in what he was saying. So I decided to make my own list. You will have to play the games to understand the jokes. I will try to give explanations when possible

You know when your addicted to Modern warfare 2 when...

-You decide to jump off a 10 story building because you think you have commando pro

(Explanation: Commando pro in the MW2 multiplayer makes you immune to fall damage, so if you jump off a building you don't take damage. Trust me, not a good idea in real life.)

-When the power goes out you scream "WE'VE BEEN EMP-ED ELECTRONICS ARE DOWN!"

(Explanation: In MW2, and in real life. An E.M.P or electromagnetic pulse disables most electronics, in the game red dot sights, heartbeat sensors, and thermal scopes will be useless for some time.)

-When you see a plane flying by you scream "ENEMY AC130 INBOUND!"

(Explanation: AC130's are the war planes of the game, when they appear on the map a voice will alert you. Believe it or not the planes in the game look similar to commercial jets. Not the case in real life though.)

-When you hear a siren you scream "ENEMY NUKE INBOUND, IT'S OVER!"

(Explanation: In the game, the tactical nuke will destroy the map and the game will end. A siren will sound and a voice will say, exactly that.)

-You tear a GPS unit out of your car and attach it to your gun to find enemies

(Explanation: In the game, an attachment called the hearbeat sensor can trace out enemies, and yes. It sort of looks like a GPS."

A short list, yes. If I get any more Ideas I'll add them here. As always, fell free to do your own versions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:46 am

lol

nothing to add
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:47 am

Lol! That's awesome! Ill post one egen i gigure one out!
Back to top Go down
Grofile
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Grofile

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:45 am

When your friend says he's going camping and you call him a noob...

when u reach for your mouse if a burgler brakes into the house...

u jump under your bed wen thay test the air raid sirens every 1st monday of the month...

u go see a scary movie with a assault rifle down your pants...

when u see a old person u yell ZOMBIE!!...

when spore starts geting interesting again...

when u place a claymore at the door before u go to sleep...

when you see a plane and you yell "THEY'VE GOT A UAV UP!!" and try to pull out an imaginary stinger missile to shoot it down...

you shit yourself every morning thinking your alarm is semtex...

Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:39 am

ha ha grofile, those are the best!
Back to top Go down
Frogger1093
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Frogger1093

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:08 am

funny thing about red dot sights is that they'd be unaffected by an EMP; they use radioactive isotopes to make the dot, not electronics.

but i'm just hating on CoD. i'm a diehard halo fan.

and you're officially an addicted super nerd when you calculate the speed of a guass warthog slug
(900m/s) =P
Back to top Go down
Grofile
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Grofile

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:54 pm

when u want a M1 tank as your next car...

you refuse to join the armed services because theres no HUD and you hate hardcore mode...

when you use your laser point for work by pointing at your coworkers heads practicing headshot kills...

when u stop calling it Hide-and-go-seek, and start calling it Seek-and-Destroy...

when you randomly say 'Our artillery will break their will' in a Russian accent...

when u start diging a trench at the beach...

When you play a Soccer match and slag the other team for lagging...

When your about to throw a flash into a room full of people until you realise your not playing the game...

When sobody falls on the ground you run frantacly screaming MARTYRDOM!!... (Suicide Granade)

when you join the army and slag your captain for using a grenade launcher... (Noob Tubes)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:23 pm

lol, very funny grofile! XD
Back to top Go down
Grofile
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Grofile

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:41 pm

When the only way you are turned on is if your girlfriend/wife wears a ghillie suit.

When you actually hold your breath when sniping ingame.

Your playing soccer and when the game starts you run to the nearest corner flag, lay down and shout Securing Charlie!

When a camera flashes, you drop to the ground

When u Finaly get a fantastic Kill and thay all kick u because thay think u hack... (happens to me all the time...)

when someone gets hit in the head you yell headshot...

your first car is a Gauss warthog...

when you go for a drive you call shotgun...

Your gravestone says (respawn in 4. 3. 2. 1.)...

When you attempt to place the furniture like the map and use it for practise...

You here theres a flood coming on the weather channel and you take out your shotgun... (Flood are aliens in halo)

When you think you can pilot a plane after spending to mutch time in a hornet... (halo)

When you find a dead persons skull and then ask "Where the hell is my achievement?!... (halo)

when someone is annoying you you try to mute them...

When you get into an argument with somebody and search for the Q key...

You know your addicted to FPS when you do stretches before you play...

When sombody sez u have a incomeing! message. and u duck for cover...

When you try to Radio HQ with a Phone...

you think ur Flying the F-15 but ur in the back seat... (BF2)

you pull the string of your parashute and u see ur laptop leave ur Bag...

you try to comit suicide with your own gun ingame... (something that still cant be done in a Shooter)

When your walking behind some one and you say to yourself (3rd person fiew is Awsom)

i hear these things dayin dayout in my classroom. most of my classmates are to lazy to work on projects. most of the time thay just play halo on the test 360s or Cod MW and MW2 warcraft 3 LAN on there pc's...
Back to top Go down
Drago183
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Drago183

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 pm

When you think that a candle is a flare gun and a broomstick is a rifle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you're addicted to shooting games when...   You know you're addicted to shooting games when... Empty

Back to top Go down

You know you're addicted to shooting games when...
Page 1 of 1