GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Which of these games is your favorite? Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Which of these games is your favorite?

Go down 
+15
Goober09
Pintoz
Loon
byball9
Dark_Heroics
Kitty
ReFrostE
Vektrix
BurninatingFreez
Drew
Hutch
WildCard
Dark_Plague
Lazernugget
Gelatino95
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

WHICH IS BEST
Spore: Galactic Adventures
Which of these games is your favorite? I_vote_lcap62%Which of these games is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 16 ]
Minecraft
Which of these games is your favorite? I_vote_lcap23%Which of these games is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
LittleBigPlanet series
Which of these games is your favorite? I_vote_lcap15%Which of these games is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

Which of these games is your favorite? Empty
PostSubject: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:48 am

I am having a small dispute with my two brothers. We are each hooked on a creating game of some sort. I personally prefer Spore GA. My older brother likes Minecraft. And my little brother (Lark98) likes the LitteBigPlanet series.

So, I want you all to cast your votes so we can settle this. Hopefully, since this poll is posted on the Galactic Adventure club, it should tip the scales in my favor. twisted
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:50 am

MINECRAFT
MINECRAFT
MINECRAFT!!!!!!!

'Nuff said.

And just a heads up, a reasonable ammount of GAC doeesn't even play SPore anymore... Wistle

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:51 am

GA! FTW!!!!

Hurray.

Come to the lab!!!!! http://thelab.forumotion.com/
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:00 am

Lazer, don't randomly post links to other websites in your posts. You're going to get in some serious trouble with the mods if you keep doing immature things like that.

Besides that, I am proud of you for making the correct vote. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:00 am

Gamer is quite true....not many play Spore anymore...

MINECRAFT IS THE NEW SPORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:03 am

MC is tied with Spore...

TAKE THAT GELO!
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 am

So...If the link=1 bad, but voting GA=1 good...the total is...ZERO! Yay...

GAC FTW!
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:05 am

I think Minecraft is a great creating game, except that there are too many video game elements incorporated into it, such as health points and battling enemies.

LBP is pretty good, except that it's really hard to learn how to make levels. I tried, but I just couldn't do it. Besides, it sounds boring just sitting in front of a PS3 to make stuff. Everybody knows that you need a computer to do your 3D design.

Oh, and speaking of that, a MAJOR flaw in LBP is that it's 2D.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:06 am

Which leads to saying that LBP is out of the question. now it's a battle of Spore and Minecraft.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:07 am

4 to 3.

MINECRAFT IS POINTLESS AND IS JUST A FEED BAG TO MINDLESS ZOMBIE FIGHTING!!!!

ZOMBIES ARE POINTLESS AND UN REALISTIC!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 am

-_______-

Not just zombies...

Their's skeletons, Creepers, Giant spiders, Slimes, Pigs, Chickens, Pigs and Squids!
Back to top Go down
WildCard
Red Spice
Red Spice
WildCard

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:15 am

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:27 am

Lazernugget wrote:
4 to 3.

Way to go, you have just COMPLETELY overlooked the biggest component of the game. Exploring and creating. The Enemies are there to simply give you some reason to stay indoors during night. It's all about the creative element of the game.

I'd recommend you also play the game to a lengthy extent before you make these comments.

Personally, I prefer Minecraft, all games emphasize creativity. But I think Minecraft does a better job at allowing you to do so. GA is glitched, which can be a blessing or a curse, and Little big planet just doesn't appeal to me that much in the long run. I would much rather play a game where I'm in a survival situation where the environment is, quite literally. Your own playground. Instead of the Click and drag of GA. I love all three, don't get me wrong. But I prefer minecraft for the sheer versatility of the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:31 am

I much prefer the survival and exploration elements of Minecraft. But the possiblities of what you can create in Minecraft is incredible. I honstly love all things in Minecraft, but creating isn't at the very top but it also isn't at the very bottom. Understand what I am saying?
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:44 am

I understand, Gamer. And you raise some very good points, Hutch. I, personally, don't like the enemies and stuff involved with Minecraft and I think it would be better if you didn't have to get resources yourself. If you're trying to build stuff, then it's inconvenient to be constantly in danger of losing your resources. I tend to think of Spore as a limited 3D modeling program, where you can put your models into a world for other players to explore. The fact that other people are able to play through the story that you have prepared is my favorite part. My least favorite part of GA is that you have to build on planets rather than a flat map, which is useful in some cases, but in most cases, it's just a pain.

This is my question: Why can't Spore follow in the steps of LBP and make a Spore 2? It would be BRILLIANT. They could iron out all the glitches and mistakes from the first game, and they could add much needed new content for players to use. My dream is that one day, there will be an option to make your adventure on a flat map rather than a planet, and you will be able to use terraforming tools that are more like brushes rather than stamps.

EDIT: It's STILL a tie between MC and GA, at 5-5. LBP has no votes as of yet. If Goober ever came on GAC, maybe LBP would have some representation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:48 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
I understand, Gamer. And you raise some very good points, Hutch. I, personally, don't like the enemies and stuff involved with Minecraft and I think it would be better if you didn't have to get resources yourself. If you're trying to build stuff, then it's inconvenient to be constantly in danger of losing your resources. I tend to think of Spore as a limited 3D modeling program, where you can put your models into a world for other players to explore. The fact that other people are able to play through the story that you have prepared is my favorite part. My least favorite part of GA is that you have to build on planets rather than a flat map, which is useful in some cases, but in most cases, it's just a pain.

This is my question: Why can't Spore follow in the steps of LBP and make a Spore 2? It would be BRILLIANT. They could iron out all the glitches and mistakes from the first game, and they could add much needed new content for players to use. My dream is that one day, there will be an option to make your adventure on a flat map rather than a planet, and you will be able to use terraforming tools that are more like brushes rather than stamps.

Gelo, on MC there is a mode called: "Peaceful". There is no enimies on this mode and your health automatically replehes. For having to collect ressourches, you can use somethign called: "INVEdit" to have unlimited resources. That is excatly what those who only create things and screw everything else do. tupps!
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:09 am

Lazernugget wrote:
4 to 3.

Please provide a better reason then this so called "Pointlessness". Do not talk in all caps.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:10 am

Lazer, it's now 5-5

Minecraft is crawlin' up on ya.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:11 am

Why? I was just stating opinion. It's not against the rules.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:11 am

I think we know that. But I believe he means as in why do you hate it when you've never tried it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:15 am

Tron wrote:
I think we know that. But I believe he means as in why do you hate it when you've never tried it?

Lazer is just immature like that...

He will continue to flame about it and will probably never ever try it EVER.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:15 am

Minecraft is one of the most creative games. Spore you get more freedom, in Spore I can make what I otherwise normally could not.

Minecraft kinda has its rails. You go out, get some wood, build some stuff, then thrive and get bored. new game. Its not exactly repetitive but will end up going from addicting to sightly less. It does not have a lasting effect. But Lazer, in all fairness, I am just trying to prove you wrong.

There is so much more to Minecraft then you have obliviously seen, you never take your time to fully observe things do you? No, you just stereotype everything.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:16 am

Lazernugget wrote:
Why? I was just stating opinion. It's not against the rules.

I have an objection to it when it's completely uneducated and Biased.

Gelo: It all depends on the style of play, and keeping your goodies in a locked box. You're entitled to a educated opinion, and I respect that.

Last edited by Hutch on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

Upvotes: : 0
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:18 am

Let's go Spore!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:33 am

So Spore is finally winning. But that's expected, as this is the GAC so the poll results are a bit biased.

But at least we know that a lot of people don't like Little Big Planet.

And Lazer, like Hutch said, we are all entitled to an educated opinion, so don't abuse that entitlement with violent or abusive dissent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games is your favorite?   Which of these games is your favorite? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which of these games is your favorite?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next