GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections

Go down 
+3
Drew
Kitty
Chaos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

Upvotes: : 3

Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Empty
PostSubject: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 am

Nothing happy.

Last edited by Chaos on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:41 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 am

MY BRAIN DIED

(Interesting summary, though.)
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:54 am

Kitty wrote:
MY BRAIN DIED

What if I tell you that I have MERELY scratched the surface of networking with this article ? :Wink:
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:00 am

All fourmtion chat boxes have UDP connection. So it can be watched by a third party if they get the proper code and by the government.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 am

Drew980 wrote:
All fourmtion chat boxes have UDP connection. So it can be watched by a third party if they get the proper code and by the government.

Thnx for adding that in. That reason has never occured to me :D

Absolutely, UDP does not require a handshake and it wouldn't be a problem for third-party to interfere with it. I'm glad to see you are interested in this stuff too Drew :D
You are into network programming?
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:04 am

Nevermore wrote:
Kitty wrote:
MY BRAIN DIED

What if I tell you that I have MERELY scratched the surface of networking with this article ? :Wink:
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Nope1plzChaos' Introduction to Network Connections Nope-plz
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Nope2plz
Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Nope3plz
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:08 am

Kitty wrote:
Nevermore wrote:
Kitty wrote:
MY BRAIN DIED

Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Nope1plzChaos' Introduction to Network Connections Nope-plz

Perhaps I should wait til you read and digest this article before going into anymore detail ? coffee
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:12 am

Nevermore wrote:
Drew980 wrote:

Thnx for adding that in. That reason has never occured to me :D

Absolutely, UDP does not require a handshake and it wouldn't be a problem for third-party to interfere with it. I'm glad to see you are interested in this stuff too Drew :D
You are into network programming?

No, I have been playing with all of it a lot lately and I kinda know how it all works.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 am

Nevermore wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Nevermore wrote:
Kitty wrote:
MY BRAIN DIED

Perhaps I should wait til you read and digest this article before going into anymore detail ? coffee
Yes please. :B
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:15 am

Drew980 wrote:

No, I have been playing with all of it a lot lately and I kinda know how it all works.

That's a great! happy. It is always good to have an idea on how networks work since it has an important role in our lives happy.
I believe the contents of this article are redundant facts for you :Wink:
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:16 am

Some, not all.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:18 am

Drew980 wrote:
Some, not all.

I wanted to include some facts about host to network presentations (little-big endians) but I thought people would get too intidimated by those details and didn't surmise that there would be anyone interested in networks XD
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:22 am

There are some on here that would freak, lol.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:28 am

Drew980 wrote:
There are some on here that would freak, lol.

Haha, then I should leave this summary as it is until people ask for more :P
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 pm

You, sir, are crazy. In a good way, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Vektrix
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Vektrix

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Half my degree is in this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
You, sir, are crazy. In a good way, of course.

Thnx Gelo :D

SporeMasterVek wrote:
Half my degree is in this stuff.

Oh wow, what are you studying? I have only done network programming in C for Unix and C# for Windows and my knowledge is limited with that happy.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:16 am

/sage
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:20 am

Wow...cool intro...this science feeds my IQ and brain...I FEEL GOOD!

Now to go do....MATH!

(Again, cool thread)
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:18 am

Meh.

Wait, why should we know all this again? BTW, You should become a computer teqhnic when you grow up.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:22 am

Pintoz wrote:
Meh.

Wait, why should we know all this again? BTW, You should become a computer teqhnic when you grow up.

I thought it would be good to know how connections work since they play a major role in your life.
I don't like the fact that people ONLY know how to use the INTERFACE of their operating-systems and the inner operations taking place remain complete mystery to them.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 am

Bump!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections   Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections Empty

Back to top Go down

Chaos' Introduction to Network Connections
Page 1 of 1