» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

» Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Chatbox Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Chatbox Rules   Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:41 pm

I have gotten several complainments from some members (Not telling who) who thinks our rules purily to say it out straight, sucks.

I've made some clearing of the chatbox rules so people can actually understand what's OK. This is also suggestions (Since there already is a chatbox rules thread this is more for other rules that are not mentioned).

Rules of the Chatbox:
1# Do not post large pics in the chatbox. Prefferably not any pics at all. Not any gore or sexually reffered pics or vids also. If you want to post a pic or a video, post the link the chatbox.

2#
Respect the decisions of the mods on the chat. They know what is right, and they know what they do. Do not get up with a long fight on the chat. If you think something has been done with injustice, PM an Admin about it.

3#
(suggestion)
Do not get all off-topic in discussions on the chatbox. A discussion is a discussion and confusion shall not start. Being off-topic to long gives you one off-topic penalty

4#
(suggestion)
Posting a large pic will give you one off-topic penalty. So will small flamings and spam. Larger spams, trolls and flames will give you a kick and a warning. If possible it goes to bad, a week chatbox ban.

5#
A thing some people have been complaing about is people telling about their crimes for the mods and adminds. This is allowed but, the Mod/admin will speak to that person and get things cleared out. If the one who reports has proof though, there shall be punishment, if he/she had done something of course.

6#
Flaming, let's get things cleared up with it: If you insult someone in any way, he is flamed and you are falming. Stop that immediatly then. If the victim is not amused and rather offended, you shall stop, whatever you think of that person. This flaming is about "Personality, Personal things, gender, sexual flaming, clothes (it could happen) etc."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think something is missing, or you have another opinion of things, please post them here and explain.
Thank you.

Also, here are the punishments for these (also suggestions on some):

1: Kick if bad, off topic penalty for once.

2: Not a punishment, but could lead to another warning if swearing and flaming starts.

3: one off-topic penalty. More off-topic penaltys if it contuines.

4: Well, the rules of this are up there.

5: Not any punishment for telling, but if he swore and flamed the person who did something, one off-topic penalty of one warning.

6: Could go from off-topic penalty to warning to ban.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope i got things cleared up now.

Delta
Admin

Upvotes: : 82

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Rules   Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Joyful I'm sure this will be very helpful with certain issues in the chatbox, however I'm not so sure about this particular guideline:

Glasspinne wrote:
3#
(suggestion)
Do not get all off-topic in discussions on the chatbox. A discussion is a discussion and confusion shall not start. Being off-topic to long gives you one off-topic penalty

I was under the impression that the chatbox was pretty much an off-topic zone, could you clarify what you mean here? Happy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Rules   Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 pm

If people are having an discussion, other people on the chat can not come with another discussion. That causes confusion in the chat and you get very freaked out (Happend me many times). That's why everybody should stay at the same discussion.

Delta
Admin

Upvotes: : 82

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Rules   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Hmm, I kinda see what you're saying, but is it really necessary to start dishing out penalties for something like that? Wondering I've never had any particular problems with keeping track of conversations on the chat personally, and it sounds a little heavy handed to stop people from talking about something simply because someone else on the chat was on a different topic before they arrived. razz That's just my opinion, of course. Joyful

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Rules   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Ah yes! Re-clarified rules! One I will remember and follow... :D

I will surely always follow rules because I am good on chat...O_O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Rules   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Delta wrote:
Hmm, I kinda see what you're saying, but is it really necessary to start dishing out penalties for something like that? Wondering I've never had any particular problems with keeping track of conversations on the chat personally, and it sounds a little heavy handed to stop people from talking about something simply because someone else on the chat was on a different topic before they arrived. razz That's just my opinion, of course. Joyful
Your opinion sucks.

Nah, JK. But i need more then one vote. razz

Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Rules   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Delta wrote:

It's just some odd times bro. Once we get through it, things will be better. Even I am a little confused.

Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Rules   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:21 pm

A very good contribution to the community on your part, Glass. Good job. Whenever I'm on the chat, I'll enforce these rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Rules   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Gelo, you have no idea.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Rules   Today at 3:10 am

Back to top Go down

Chatbox Rules
View previous topic View next topic Back to top