GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system

Go down 
+10
camelfox
3D
AgentAG
DarkStar
ReFrostE
Pintoz
Dark_Heroics
Gelatino95
Lazernugget
Hutch
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Upvotes: : 4

Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:06 am

yes, but do warnings reset after a ban? i would say yes, but you may want to ask hutch.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
AgentAG
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : -1
Location : Gone, except for the occasional post in the game night thread. Yay.

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 am

It says in the OP the second three so I think it means you have to get three more warnings.
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:25 am

Well, Agent broke 3 Rules.
Does that warrant 9 warnings?
Or simply 1?

I've PMed Hutch.

Signing off,
3DBlenderRender
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:26 am

how about this.. after one ban, you then have a tentitive warning that sticks with you. if your next one is small, it just counts as one, but if it's bigger, then th tentitive one can be counted. to be decided by admins only.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:25 am

Agent, to be blunt. I'm disgusted. I am aware they're some lose ends in the rules, and I should correct them. But from what I've heard, your behavior was terrible. And that does warrant multiple warnings, because you continuously made major breaches in the chatbox rules.

If I'm correct, you've already been banned once. And I'm seriously considering a second ban, I'll address you later once I can look into the subject.

As for Camel, I actually think that's a pretty good idea. I'll edit the rules to remove loopholes and make the warning policy a bit more clear tomorrow.

-Hutch
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:04 am

Great, more rules for the chatbox.
(No Sarcasm there)
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:22 am

Stricter banning. Needed.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 am

Hutch wrote:

5: Be polite, be efficient, have a plan to make friends with everyone you meet: (You get a cookie if you understand the reference.)

*tries to steal cookie*

now, I think his mate saw me....

YES, YES HE DID
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:22 am

Drew980 wrote:
Stricter banning. Needed.
I totally agree. People shouldn't hesitate to ban on the chatbox. It can be undone at least as easily as it can be done. But also, the chat isn't the main focus of GAC, so being banned from the chat shouldn't be that big of a deal anyway. (Most people are only on the chat less than 5% of the day anyway)
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:14 am

1) I'm on chat for almost all of my GAC day.
2) I don't think we should be THAT strict
3) That rule only applies to chatmods, which most people aren't, so you can't go BAN! BAN! BAN!
4) BUT even if you AREN'T a chatmod, you SHOULD contact a mod if you see bad chat activity

I think these rules are fine, and that they are working smoothly. Chat-mods are doing great, but we could use a few more, as of most mods are either not on lately, or aren't mods at all.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:25 am

They were a mess when Hutch was gone. Gamer was not kicked until I asked 3D to. That shows you that you guys cant put up with crap like that. Therefor getting the problem taken care of before it becomes a shitsotrm is much easier.

Thats smooth, not a prolonged existence of a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Lazernugget wrote:
3) That rule only applies to chatmods, which most people aren't, so you can't go BAN! BAN! BAN!
4) BUT even if you AREN'T a chatmod, you SHOULD contact a mod if you see bad chat activity

I think these rules are fine, and that they are working smoothly. Chat-mods are doing great, but we could use a few more, as of most mods are either not on lately, or aren't mods at all.

1: That doesn't apply to anything at all
2: We do need more chatmods, and we do need to get stricter about chatbox bans. It will be explained once I re edit the rules
3:Yes, that would be nice. But rarely anyone does it

They aren't, at all. Users abuse others when moderators are gone, which means that we either need some more chatmods, or the users need to step up and regulate the chat, sadly. Both would be VERY hard to implement.

Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:39 pm

hutch, i cant, but if you could find the thingy that alows admins and mods to watch the chat when not logged on, we may be quicker to issue a worning or se bad behavior. it's a little.... like evesdropping, but we could use it to keep an eye on a user in question.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:44 pm

That sounds like a good idea camle, but it may interfear with "privet" discussions in the chat, as in if something is going on in their life. I don't think they would want anyone to else to see.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:48 pm

i know, but it may be nessisary at times. you know... if there's someone who has warnings, and is close to a ban, to be watched... it may be too much, but we dont' have to use it much.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:51 pm

I really don't have much of a problem with the idea other than what I said earleir. But if it is nessisary than you should go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Or... get rid of the chat?

No thats a stupid idea, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Its not a stupid idea, its just not a good one.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Dark Star wrote:
Its not a stupid idea, its just not a good one.

I doubt anyone would go with it, though...
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:59 pm

ok, so i know this feature EXISTS cuz eurospore had it, but i cant figure out WHERE it is or HOW to use it...
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Hutch wrote:
Lazernugget wrote:

1: That doesn't apply to anything at all
2: We do need more chatmods, and we do need to get stricter about chatbox bans. It will be explained once I re edit the rules
3:Yes, that would be nice. But rarely anyone does it

They aren't, at all. Users abuse others when moderators are gone, which means that we either need some more chatmods, or the users need to step up and regulate the chat, sadly. Both would be VERY hard to implement.

I agree with Hutch and with Camel, we need more chatmods to patrol the chat, and we need to enforce the rules a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:48 pm

camelfox wrote:
hutch, i cant, but if you could find the thingy that alows admins and mods to watch the chat when not logged on, we may be quicker to issue a worning or se bad behavior. it's a little.... like evesdropping, but we could use it to keep an eye on a user in question.

I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2