GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
The Kingdom (MC server) Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

The Kingdom (MC server)

Go down 
+5
3D
BurninatingFreez
Delta
PrincessNintendo
Darkshadow
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

The Kingdom (MC server) Empty
PostSubject: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:30 am

This is an idea for a minecraft server I came up with. Your character was sent to set up a large colony on a distant continent. However, you must compete with other kindoms(characters) for land. Your mission is to claim as much land as you can.

Rules of the server:
-Don't destroy other's buildings (duh)
-To claim a peice of land, you must build a wall that is at least three blocks high, uses your faction colors(see below) at least once in each section of the wall(every time the wall changes direction is a section), and is not made out of dirt or regular stone. This applies to caves as well(manmade mines are okay without walls as long as they aren't huge)
-no uncensored swearing (try not to swear at all really, but as long as you sensor yourself I won't get mad)
-Don't enter another players territory without their permission
-No claiming entire biomes(even if you manage the resources to do so)

Other things about the server:
-Each player is given two colors that are used to mark their territory to other players(see above) It is probably a good idea to put it on your structures as well, for asthetic reasons. You must make a pattern that you use on your structures out of these colors that is at least two blocks tall and long, and uses both your colors. You can haqve multiple symbols that use you colors, but you must have at least 1.
-You can form alliances with any other player, which gives you free acess to the territory of anyone in your alliance. Obviosly, both players must agree to the alliance.
-You get three strikes breaking a rule, on your third strike, you get banned for a week. Then you get three more strikes, afterwhich you are banned for a month. After this is over, you only get one more strike before I ban you forever. I doubt it will ever even get to a one week ban though happy.
-I will give you a 'starter kit', 50 wool of each of your colors, 25 cobblestone, 25 wooden planks, one of each tool in wood(all of this is in a small chest that you can keep as well)

Players/colors:
Darkshadow/White and yellow
PrincessNintendo/Blue and Grey
3D/Dark grey and Lime Green
BurninatingFreez/Black and Red
AgentAG/Orange and Black
Epsilon/yellow and blue

Ban list:
None....keep it that way

IP adress:

Online:
The server should be up for most of the day(once my current technical issues are resolved) every day

feel free to ask any questions, as I realize some of these things may be confusing. Before you enter the server for the first time, tell me what you want your colors to be(only two)

Last edited by Darkshadow on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:16 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed times)
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Sounds cool. Is it alright if I could join this and for the colour choices, I'll go with blue and silver. happy.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:17 pm

K, ill add you to the list, with the colors blue and grey (Sadly there is no silver wool :( )
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Interesting idea there, though it sounds like it could turn out a bit like a glorified race to build walls in many ways; also how do you decide who the winner is? Wondering

That reminds me of this one idea I had a little while ago for a team sport in Minecraft: two or more teams are set off to play a standard survival game in direct competition with each-other; the game ends when one team creates a Nether Portal, and points are awarded for the number of diamonds, gold bars and iron bars the team collects (as well as a bonus for the team who makes the portal first). The team with the most points at the end wins, and PvP is always enabled. >:}

A little off-topic, but it's something I've had in my head for a while now. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Delta wrote:
Interesting idea there, though it sounds like it could turn out a bit like a glorified race to build walls in many ways; also how do you decide who the winner is? Wondering

That reminds me of this one idea I had a little while ago for a team sport in Minecraft: two or more teams are set off to play a standard survival game in direct competition with each-other; the game ends when one team creates a Nether Portal, and points are awarded for the number of diamonds, gold bars and iron bars the team collects (as well as a bonus for the team who makes the portal first). The team with the most points at the end wins, and PvP is always enabled. >:}

A little off-topic, but it's something I've had in my head for a while now. XD
Well, I didn't quite work everything out. I haven't decided if there will really be a winner, as Minecraft worlds are near infinite which means near infinite land to claim. Im not sure if I am going to turn PvP on, but I probably will (As it makes sense) There will most likely not be PvP all the time,however, as it would give new people who join little chance to actually build anything. To avoid the feeling that the whole point is to build a bunch of walls really fast (even though that kinda is the point XD) I was thinkin of 1-2 days a week where pvp is on, and you won't get strikes towards banning for breaking other peoples stuff, though not all the inks with that idea are worked out yet.
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

Upvotes: : 0
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:05 am

That's a really good idea. I think it would look cool if a whole bunch of people joined and Minecraft kingdoms stretched for miles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Wow, this sounds really cool! Mind if I join in?

Cheers,
- 3D
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:41 am

Burninatingfreez wrote:
That's a really good idea. I think it would look cool if a whole bunch of people joined and Minecraft kingdoms stretched for miles.
Thanks happy. Would you like to join?

3D wrote:
Wow, this sounds really cool! Mind if I join in?

Cheers,
- 3D
Sure, join the party, just remember to pick your colors :D

To everyone who's joined(so...Shard and 3D XD ) Im having some minor technical difficulties with port forwarding, so the server will not be online until Thursday or Friday(or perhaps tomorrow, depending on how much I actually work to resolve the issue XD ) But from then on it should be fine happy.

Last edited by Darkshadow on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors)
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:48 am

Sure, sounds like fun. As long as I'm not required to be on all the time, but when I play Minecraft, I'll be sure to log in. Can I take black and red?
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Dark gray and lime green?
Would that be OK?

- 3D
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
AgentAG
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : -1
Location : Gone, except for the occasional post in the game night thread. Yay.

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Hmm, this could be interesting...

I can haz joinage? :3
My colors would be black and orange.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:29 pm

OK, Ill add you three to the list. No, no one has to be on all the time. Thats the issue I have to resolve to add 1-2 days a week where you can destroy others walls and buildings without penalty, you could never be on that day and come back to find your kingdom destroyed. But ill think of something.
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 am

Am I allowed to go on at any time?
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:21 am

This actually looks pretty interesting, I'd love to join.

I'll be yellow and blue if that is okay?
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:11 am

BurninatingFreez wrote:
Read a few posts up. I didn't fix my technical issues, but I will post when they are resolved. After that it should be up for most of the day everyday.

Adding you to the list Epsilon happy.
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:56 am

Darkshadow wrote:
BurninatingFreez wrote:
Read a few posts up. I didn't fix my technical issues, but I will post when they are resolved. After that it should be up for most of the day everyday.

Adding you to the list Epsilon happy.
Sorry, I read this literally right after I posted that, and then when I tried to delete it it someone else posted.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 am

Right, I've just thought of a slight issue. Basically 5PM-8PM EST is pretty late for me to be on, especially on weekdays.

If you're able to put it on just a bit earlier I might be able to go on enough to progress.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 am

Epsilon wrote:
Right, I've just thought of a slight issue. Basically 5PM-8PM EST is pretty late for me to be on, especially on weekdays.

If you're able to put it on just a bit earlier I might be able to go on enough to progress.
Sorry about that, I meant to change the times a while ago sweat I aquired a more readily available computer a little bit after I made this thread(and the server), and I thought I changed it already
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:32 am

Wait, now I'm confused. Where does it say when the server is open?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:49 am

I'm having trouble connecting. Is the server name The Kingdom?
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:36 am

BurninatingFreez wrote:
Thats because I still haven't resolved my technical issue. Sorry to keep you guys waiting :( .And you can name servers whatever you want Freez, as long as you have the IP and the server is online(Which its not at the moment), it should work fine.
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:39 am

Darkshadow wrote:
BurninatingFreez wrote:
Thats because I still haven't resolved my technical issue. Sorry to keep you guys waiting :( .And you can name servers whatever you want Freez, as long as you have the IP and the server is online(Which its not at the moment), it should work fine.
Oh ok. I thought I was doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:58 am

Ok, Im really, really sorry that the server has taken so long to be up. It will (almost) definitly be up by the end of this weekend. My Dad's concerned with me editing anything on our router, so he has to talk to a "tech expert" at the place he works to make sure its safe before he lets me port forward humph And he can't do that until Sunday-Monday I believe.
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:22 am

I was just wondering about this actually. Good to see it wasn't canceled.
Back to top Go down
donbbe

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 am

i wanna join to i want to be in epsilon yellow and blue. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom (MC server)   The Kingdom (MC server) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Kingdom (MC server)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next