» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Pokemon Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Like my location status, Ireland and the pokemon I used was Luxray. As for facility would infared battle count?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:44 am

I'll see. I don't know about infrared battle, and I just realised I can't search for videos from Ireland specifically. I'll look for Luxrays in videos.

Incidentally, I'd like to put up a few of my own videos. I've only battled Battle Tower NPCs because I don't have any out-of-game contacts to battle.

66-52221-89046
74-88678-37117
41-55345-05027

P.S. They contain my real name so don't tell anyone! Uncertain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Lol no worries I shan't tell a soul or a living being. XD Does anyone remember my Golem that can know fire blast and one of you told me unless I seriously trained her iv stats that high? Well two weeks ago, I had a lookie and her sp attack is around 101-105. Is that normal for a golem or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 pm

PrincessNintendo wrote:
Lol no worries I shan't tell a soul or a living being. XD Does anyone remember my Golem that can know fire blast and one of you told me unless I seriously trained her iv stats that high? Well two weeks ago, I had a lookie and her sp attack is around 101-105. Is that normal for a golem or what?
Depends on the level.

You might want to try comparing it to its attack as well, so you can see the drastic difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:01 am

Golem's level is 70 and her attack would be higher then her sp attack status. I an't going to get rid of fire blast but I will get rid of sunny day and teach her grass knot like one of you mentiond. Also is it pointless to teach sunny day to Sunflora? :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:49 am

PrincessNintendo wrote:
Also is it pointless to teach sunny day to Sunflora? :/
Unless you have a DW Vulpix or Ninetales, absolutely not. Sunny Day activates Chlorophyll and makes Solarbeam incredibly viable. Go for it.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:47 am

Im not really interested in pokemon anymore, but I did find this awesome GIF:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:56 am

Agreed. Sunflora gets a wild boost and in double battles, it can help a fire-type ally by strengthening its moves and weakening water ones.

So for example in a double battle with both Sunflora and Golem out, sunny day will power up fire blast and solarbeam (assuming you have it) and weaken water moves. With this in play, you have the greatest coverage over almost all weakness the two have. For Sunflora, bug, fire, ice, flying and poison types are covered (poison assuming golem has a ground move) and for Golem, water, steel, grass and ground types are covered. Fighting isn't, though.

A side note, it can also reduce the accuracy of Thunder and Hurricane, for another layer of possible strategy.

With all that in mind, if you were bothered to read it, go for sunny day.

Last edited by Dark_potato57 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Wow...! That's an awesome strategy and I never even thought about it. I'll try it out sometime and well the reason I might have said that about Sunflora cause I honestly thought that it had another ability if it saw the sun, it's health gets nicked off. On a happeier note the new event with the special victini is out now! :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:19 pm

I think the ability you're talking about is called Dry skin. Any pokemon that has it loses health in the sun and gains it in the rain.

I've recently hatched a Ralts, and I will evolve it into Gallade. It is at level 8 right now. Its nature decreases defence and raises attack, and Gallades already have low defence and high attack.

Thus, I intend to EV train it to make up for the usual lapse in speed and defence that Gallades have, and make it a better battler than its father Gallade, who I use for most of my serious battles.
I am using the power items to EV train it in these two areas and I'm pumping it with vitamins every chance I get.

My move set is decided, with psycho cut, night slash, brick break and thunder wave to take advantage of its unhealthily large attack and give support.

Is this a good way to properly train my Ralts? Any suggestion for a change in my plan? (Like exchanging thunder wave to will-o-whisp?) Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Oh okay. I have a ralts to and I hope she'll turn a bit more powerful then her mummy Gardevior. As for yours, I don't think teaching him thunder wave or even will-o-wisp will work well. Give them to another pokemon for a staus inflicting team. I think teaching it ice beam (if it knows it) to take care of flying and grass types or recover to regain it's health. But it's your choice so you can decide. happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:45 pm

PrincessNintendo wrote:
Wow...! That's an awesome strategy and I never even thought about it. I'll try it out sometime and well the reason I might have said that about Sunflora cause I honestly thought that it had another ability if it saw the sun, it's health gets nicked off.
That's called Solar Power, and it's actually quite good. It functions similarly to a Life Orb in that it reduces health each turn and powers up its moves. However, Life Orb reduced health by 10% each turn only if an attack move is used and powers up all moves by 30%, while Solar Power takes out 12.5% each turn regardless of which move is used, and powers up special moves by 50%. Choose which one you prefer if you're going for that strategy.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:12 am

PrincessNintendo wrote:
Oh okay. I have a ralts to and I hope she'll turn a bit more powerful then her mummy Gardevior. As for yours, I don't think teaching him thunder wave or even will-o-wisp will work well. Give them to another pokemon for a staus inflicting team. I think teaching it ice beam (if it knows it) to take care of flying and grass types or recover to regain it's health. But it's your choice so you can decide. happy.

Well I chose to give it a support move like thunder wave is because it cuts the opponents speed, and Gallades have trouble with speed. I can't teach it will-o-whisp because that is an egg move. If it knew w-o-w, it could cut the opponents attack, which could take care of Gallades weak defence.

EDIT: it's now at level 11 and its speed and defence are raising by 2 each level up. I think it's working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:13 pm

What's the best held item for Lucario? I gave mine the expert belt (don't get me wrong it works wonders) but I'm wondering if there is an held item it should have instead?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:39 am

Well, that completely depends on the kind of moves Lucario has. If there is a good range of coverage in its moveset, and it can land planty of super effective hits, then go for it.

Fighting steel type. They both hurt rock types and ice types, fighting also brings down dark and steel.
If you have these two types already in your moveset, that already has some good coverage.
Your biggest enemies will be ground, fire and fighting, so give Lucario a water move to hurt ground and fire and a psychic or flying move for the fighting types.

If your moveset covers a lot of types, keep the expert belt. Alternatively, you may want to toss up between wise glasses and muscle band. Wise glasses if Lucario knows mostly special moves and Muscle band if it knows mostly physical moves.

Alternatively alternatively, you might want to give it the Focus Sash or Band in case it is hit by a powerful super effective move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Hm.. well he has a stat riser, one physical attack and I think dark pluse and dragon pluse are sp attacks. Might consider switching them out if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Dragon moves are only good for dragon types, but Ice can do the same, plus hurt flying, grass, and your ground enemies. Dark pulse hurts psychic and ghost, but they can't hurt you as much because you have a steel type. Physical move is good, stat booster, too.

EDIT: I have a Rhyhorn that I want to turn into a huge battling power. However it's special attack and defence are very low. Equally so, in fact. At level 40, Is it a good idea to try to increase it's special defence? I've already stuffed it full of zincs and hope the effects will occur soon through level ups. I'll just give it physical moves to save trying to increase special attack as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm not good with Rhyhorn (actually, it's one of my least favorites. I prefer to use that one Anomalocaris-like guy. But I suppose that's beside the point.), but I'd figure you could still get it's Sp. Def. I mean, level 40 is still 60 levels away from the limit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Dark_potato57 wrote:
EDIT: I have a Rhyhorn that I want to turn into a huge battling power. However it's special attack and defence are very low. Equally so, in fact. At level 40, Is it a good idea to try to increase it's special defence? I've already stuffed it full of zincs and hope the effects will occur soon through level ups. I'll just give it physical moves to save trying to increase special attack as well.
Don't even bother with special defense. Water and Grass attacks are already going to OHKO is anyway. Although Rhyperior could tank some of those moves with Solid Rock, especially in a sandstorm where special defense is 150% for rock types.

PrincessNintendo wrote:
Hm.. well he has a stat riser, one physical attack and I think dark pluse and dragon pluse are sp attacks. Might consider switching them out if that's the case.
Lucario is notorious for being an unpredictable mixed attacker. I say just change the attacks for coverage.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 am

Rhyhorn unfortunately has Lightningrod for an ability. I plan to use it in double battles to protect water types from electric types. Maybe if the water type partner has storm drain, it could work to draw in the less effective moves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Rhyhorn unfortunately has Lightningrod for an ability. I plan to use it in double battles to protect water types from electric types. Maybe if the water type partner has storm drain, it could work to draw in the less effective moves.
Unfortunately, the only good pokemon with Storm Drain is Gastrodon, and it's immune to electric already.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:38 am

Well, there's nothing else to do. I pumped all the Sp. Def EVs into Rhyhorn, so I'll just see what happens to him. Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:14 pm

If it's any help, want to compare both of our Rhyperior's stats?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:23 am

Armaldo can do almost anything Rhyperior can, with some pros and cons, but it has Battle Armor/Swift Swim as it's ability if that is any better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:49 pm

PrincessNintendo wrote:
If it's any help, want to compare both of our Rhyperior's stats?

Sorry I took ages, sure, I'd love to trade stats.
Rhydon
Lv 48
Attack 156
Defence 127
Special attack 53
Special defence 62 (I used a lot of items to raise this)
Speed 68

Besides that, can anyone suggest a good moveset for Cradily? It has Ancient power and I'm keeping that. It also has stealth rock and protect, along with solarbeam but I just gave it those so it could have some half decent moves, as opposed to its quarter decent moves it started with.

Also, I'm looking for some cool nicknames for my battling party. Composed of a male Kabutops, Gallade, and Scizor, I call it 'The boys'. Can anyone suggest some for Gallade and Scizor, preferably evil, dangerous sounding ones?

Thanks ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Today at 10:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next