GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...

Go down 
+8
Drew
Kitty
infidel775
Dark_Plague
Delta
Hutch
Gelatino95
3D
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Empty
PostSubject: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:55 pm

TF2 is out for FREE from Steam!

Anyhow, I know a couple of you play TF2, and now that TF2 just came out for free, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to co-ordinate matches, give out Gametags (Or whatever they're called) and such. Feel free to post some of your favorite moments, or some tips for n00bs (Such as myself). tupps!

Cheers,
- 3D

Last edited by 3DBlenderRender on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:17 pm

I've never played this game, but I've heard a lot about it. Can somebody explain the game to me? My brother has a Steam account, so I may be able to play, but I want to know more about it first.

By the way, I just lost the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Rule 1#: Don't play scout until you get VERY good, I've been playing scout for about 7 months, and still not perfect at the class
Rule #2: Don't beg for weapons or hats. It pisses regulars off
Rule #3: Find a "home server" where you like the people and admins there and stay at that server, it makes your playing experience 100% better.
Rule #4: Do not, EVER taunt somebody (Pressing g when you kill somebody) Not only does it make you look like a jerk, depending on the server, it can get you banned.

Pro tip: The newest update was recently released, make sure you read the tf2 blog to look at all the shiny new weapons, and look on the offical wiki for everything else. It's better to go in with knowledge of the game

Pro, pro tip: There is no "Dominate class" It all depends on your play style, but I'd start off as soldier or heavy. And then branch off to other classes, see which one you like best. And remember, be good at MULTIPLE classes, you never know when you might have to swap out classes to help your team.

And remember, you folks will have free accounts, which means you can't trade, send gifts, find anything but weapons, and only have a storage capacity of about 50 items. If you want a premium account, buy something at the mann. co store.

Useful links:
Team fortress 2 blog: http://www.teamfortress.com/
Official team fortress 2 wiki: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Main_Page
The wiki is currently 503'd, but once it's back up, I'll give you articles to ready. Mainly the item drop system, you need to know about that.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 pm

I noticed that it was made free recently -- decided it would be as good a time as any to re-install it. XD Only been at it a few hours, so still a newb, but it's pretty fun. Joyful Playing almost solely as the soldier at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 pm

I found out that TF2 was free on Steam. Thought I'd get it and try it out.
Still downloading. T_T
Back to top Go down
infidel775
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
infidel775

Upvotes: : 1
Location : A bunker on Casparan, heavily defended by Kas guards.

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Hutch wrote:

Rule #4: Do not, EVER taunt somebody (Pressing g when you kill somebody) Not only does it make you look like a jerk, depending on the server, it can get you banned.

If that's the case, why do they have achievements for doing JUST THAT?

Anyone who bans you for using a taunt is playing the game too seriously.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/infidel775
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:06 pm

infidel775 wrote:
Hutch wrote:

If that's the case, why do they have achievements for doing JUST THAT?

Anyone who bans you for using a taunt is playing the game too seriously.

Yes and no, If you know the person and you enjoy screwing around, then taunting might be okay. But just taunting some random person after you kill them is just plain rude, as a result. The admins might kick or ban you.

Even with the achievements, taunting is normally discouraged in most servers.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 am

I actually found this guide that can help.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/24/the-noobs-guide-to-team-fortress-2-part-one/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:58 am

Just a tip, don't play medic as a beginner class. It might be easy, but since you don't know where to go, or what to do you'll end up pissing off your team a lot more than actually helping them. As I said, try solly first. Your simply expected to be the front line assault, and if you can do that you won't get yelled at nearly as much as you would if you were being a bad medic.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:19 am

I was wondering when this board was going to be made.

Anywho, I'd have to disagree with you Hutch about not playing as medic as the first class. When I first played the game on my friend's Xbox, I COULD NOT aim with the controls, so he insisted that I play as a Medic. I was a bad medic, but at least I could follow people around and learn directions.

Anywho, I'm a Scout person. (If I can't play scout I usually play Pyro)
I cannot play as any of the slower classes (eg Soldier, Heavy)

EDIT: Oh look, Meet the Medic managed to hit a million views in less than a day. That's fast. o_o
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:27 am

Finally! It finished Downloading!
I'm currently playing the tutorials.....:P
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:31 am

The tuts are useless, let me tell you that.

I wouldn't recommend using offline practice either, the bots can be SERIOUS jerks and you won't be learning anything. The only way you're going to get better is if you suck up your fears of getting owned (Trust me, you will) and find a good, friendly server with decent players to help you out and destroy you so you can learn. It's a vicious cycle, I know. But you'll have to live with it.

And no, none of you are getting my steam name. I'm saying that now, I want my privacy in a different community that I'm playing with.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:40 am

You DO need the tuts to learn the controls, though. Walking out into a server without knowing how to play is a bad idea.

Also, it is a good idea to have one server or so that you can always play on.
And not get kicked out of for filling up server space.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:11 am

Now that this is free, everyone will be doing it.

Guys will be doing it with girls, girls will be doing it with other girls.

Groups.

ECT.

Jokes aside, in every chat I have been in today this game has been mentioned. I might as well spend a million hours DL'ing it then.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:11 pm

All right guys, listen to what I'm going to say, and take my advice to heart. It just might keep you alive a little longer.

Currently, the heavy is in possession of HORRIBLY overpowered weapon, the Tomislav. It essentially removes the heavy's larger weaknesses, his spinup time. Which on the other miniguns he has, gives him a pretty good delay between deploying and actually firing, the spinup also makes a pretty loud noise. The Tomislav, however. Spins up almost instantly and is COMPLETELY silent, and makes a very distinct noise when fired.

Here's what it looks like:

TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Tomislav

If you see ANYTHING that looks like this, and a heavy is using it. Run away, as fast as you can. Unless you're in an offensive push and need to stay, or the heavy is on your team, you won't be skilled enough to cap him. Especially if your a scout, who relies on the spinup time to reliably kill a heavy. And you will NOT win in a one on one fight against him.

Hopefully this will be patched (And the soda poppers ramp up damage humph) sometime in the future, but until then. Watch out for it. I can't find any sound files for it, but trust me. Once you get shot at by it, you'll know what it sounds like.
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:38 pm

I may as well try this, seeing as it's free. Downloading way take a while, though...
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:43 pm

There HAS to be a weakness for it. There has to be.
I mean, the Gloves of Running Urgently give him a higher speed, but at the same time, drain his health.

EDIT: It has a -20% slower firing speed. That's not too bad.
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Errors galore! I downloaded TF2 and haven't actually gotten to play yet, due to the passive amount of bugs. So, first thing, off the bat, it took full-screen, sideways, with sideways mouse (Reacting now as if the touch-pad were oriented that way, and parts of the screen cut off. After using the '-window' command in the launch options (could not reach the buttons necessary for switching to window in-game) I could boot it up the right way round. Sadly, though, the sides are cut off. This means I can't see maps, or health, anything I would expect.

I've changed the Screen resolution down and up, adjusted colors (Don't know why that would help...), searched for a bunch of hours for solutions, but still nothing. Oh, and in addition, when the game starts up, every 10 seconds, it freezes. The computer...the mouse doesn't even move for a short while. After the freeze (5 sec-2 sec) everything snaps to where it should have moved.

Anyhow, does anyone else have this problem?
Have you fixed it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I rebooted (No brainer) so please don't suggest that...
Also, the colors for the training/target stage are quite psychedelic - are they supposed to be like that? They're really zany colors in some parts, and when I look at a section with a lot of these (bugs?) that's when it freezes. Due to these problems, I have not been able to move to the tracks on the very first training mission.

I'm not too fussy about Graphics in general, so if there are fixes for improving FPS by decreasing resolution that would be excellent.

- 3D
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:26 pm

3DBlenderRender wrote:
Errors galore! I downloaded TF2 and haven't actually gotten to play yet, due to the passive amount of bugs. So, first thing, off the bat, it took full-screen, sideways, with sideways mouse (Reacting now as if the touch-pad were oriented that way, and parts of the screen cut off. After using the '-window' command in the launch options (could not reach the buttons necessary for switching to window in-game) I could boot it up the right way round. Sadly, though, the sides are cut off. This means I can't see maps, or health, anything I would expect.

I've changed the Screen resolution down and up, adjusted colors (Don't know why that would help...), searched for a bunch of hours for solutions, but still nothing. Oh, and in addition, when the game starts up, every 10 seconds, it freezes. The computer...the mouse doesn't even move for a short while. After the freeze (5 sec-2 sec) everything snaps to where it should have moved.

Anyhow, does anyone else have this problem?
Have you fixed it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I rebooted (No brainer) so please don't suggest that...
Also, the colors for the training/target stage are quite psychedelic - are they supposed to be like that? They're really zany colors in some parts, and when I look at a section with a lot of these (bugs?) that's when it freezes. Due to these problems, I have not been able to move to the tracks on the very first training mission.

I might be your computer, check the minimum settings for the game and look at your system specs, chances are your graphics card might be bad. Have you also been playing on any servers? If so, it might be a latency issue with freezing, ONLY try servers that have a latency of 100 or lower.

Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Checked everything. I passed my fair margin to run TF2, too. Systemrequirmentslab checked out OK, too. I pass the minimum req, but the recommended section was not as ideal. The Ghz level has to be really high for this game to work perfectly, apparently. Secondly, it's recommended to use a DirectX 9 compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce 7900+ / ATI Radeon X1900+), however I have a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. Otherwise, it tested out fine. My 3D, Video ram, and Pixel shader are all good. I have plenty ram, a great sound card, tons of memory, and the proper OS.

- 3D

Edit: Uninstalled.
Edit: Apparently while minimum is passed for TF2, minimum for GA isn't...and GA works, whilst TF2 does not. Going to try something else. Not that anybody cares. Wistle
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 1:27 am

Here's yet another pro tip for you all today:

HATS. Don't matter, if you find a hat (Which you won't, unless you buy something in the mann co store) good for you, but until you get a good amount of weapons for all of your favorite classes, do NOT attempt at crafting any hats, they're aesthetics. Nothing else (Unless they're the original polycount hats, which go towards a set bonus) You'll be better off getting weapons that can radically change how the class plays.
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:28 am

I've downloaded it, and I prefer (in order)

Pyro
Spy
Scout
Heavy
Medic

I despise being an Engie. (I seem to get tons of kills for it though... strange.)
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:36 am

Once when I was playing as an Engie at Gravelpit, I put a sentry at point C and it kiled a bunch of guys. Then I killed a scout who apparently was my nemisis, and I got a Ghastly Gibus.
FREE HAT YAAAY
But then I got backstabbed and sapped by a Spy and we lost. :C
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:51 am

I seem to be an awesome Demoman.
Well, I guess from now on, I'm the explosives Expert. :D
Oh and btw, if anybody wants to add me on Steam (ya know, if you want to play games and such), my name is Dark_Plague
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Downloading game at this moment.

EDIT: OMGZ IT'S SO FUN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...   TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for... Empty

Back to top Go down

TF2 Official Thread - I'm the only one it doesn't work for...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next