The Galactic Adventure Club
 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hi guys
by Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
by Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
by Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» my forum now
by Sean1M Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 pm

» Your very own art
by ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
by Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
by Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
by camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
by Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
by Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
by Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 
 

 Does GAC IP Ban?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Does GAC IP Ban?   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:48 am

Title self explanatory.

_________________


Last edited by Drewskii on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3831
Upvotes: : 14
Join date : 2010-08-27
Age : 1007
Location : Fuck if I know

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 am

What's IP ban?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1627
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-08-27
Age : 17
Location : Canada, Somewhere freezing my ass

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 am

And...you might wanna fix up the "dose" to Does.

I think the GAC does IP Ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3831
Upvotes: : 14
Join date : 2010-08-27
Age : 1007
Location : Fuck if I know

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 am

am I the only one who doesn't know what an IP ban is?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 am

SaltDFrostie wrote:
What's IP ban?

It is a special ban not bans the victims computer from visting GAC not just the account. And yes, we have it..
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3831
Upvotes: : 14
Join date : 2010-08-27
Age : 1007
Location : Fuck if I know

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:55 am

Then we should do it. you know, so we don't have to worry about this nut again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Pintoz
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2485
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 19
Location : Everywhere, nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 am

Drew, to answer your question:

The admins at the GAC IP bans people who are spamming this community and does absolutely nothing good.
Nothing


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Well Glass, from what I have been seeing so far.. (I might add is extremely dumb) ..you guys or some of you at least have been threatening to ban people simply because of their name. Thats a little unfair..then they report them to admins and will be banned. I am not going to report a certain case in particular but it seems very unfair.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:32 am

Drewskii wrote:
Well Glass, from what I have been seeing so far.. (I might add is extremely dumb) ..you guys or some of you at least have been threatening to ban people simply because of their name. Thats a little unfair..then they report them to admins and will be banned. I am not going to report a certain case in particular but it seems very unfair.

Yes, that is unfair. I guess we're just in after shock after the small spam invasion... I also admit that I was one of them that threatened but I should of known better..
Back to top Go down
Seananners
Red Spice
Red Spice


Posts : 20
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2010-10-19
Location : America. Home of the fast food industry *Cries in a corner*

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:52 am

Actually, yes it does. Spammers often attack again, and considering both users. And the moderator team, to be frank. Handled this terribly. You IP ban the spammers, which blocks access to this site for that IP address, in other words that computer and forget about it. No threats, just do it.

Hutch is finally going off morphine, and he is thinking normally now. And I'm going to be completely honest, he is very disappointed with how you people reacted. He said It isn't serious, considering this is the first time this happened to you guys. But expect the very brief return of drill Sargent Hutch when he gets back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 936
Upvotes: : 3
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Texas, the Greatest Country in the World

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:40 am

When you told Hutch about this, did you exagerate, because I can think of worst way this thing could have ben handled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seananners
Red Spice
Red Spice


Posts : 20
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2010-10-19
Location : America. Home of the fast food industry *Cries in a corner*

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:55 am

The_Dark_Star wrote:
When you told Hutch about this, did you exagerate, because I can think of worst way this thing could have ben handled.

I don't blow things out of proportion, It's just Hutch being a little bit overprotective about the forum. He isn't going to go nuts or anything, but he considers the response by the Moderator team a little bit weak, he probably is just going to give a little lecture about how the moderators should handle this in the future, and he might make an announcement. I don't know, he isn't happy. But he doesn't seem too bent out of shape about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:23 am

I really dont think its fair at all. What if (For example) my cousin decided it would be funny to post "I LOVE YOU!!" on a random thread somewhere and then IP ban someone for it. It has happened to me before on the Spourms and been suspended but not IP banned.

Though I do see the reason for numerous spam attacks and being hit more than once. But some spammers are not going to constantly make a new email and register a new account every time they want.

However, you guys have guest accounts so they can. If anything you guys need to get rid of those. They are always used by trolls and are flame bait for other users.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pintoz
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2485
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 19
Location : Everywhere, nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 am

Wait, i haven't heard anything of this.

I haven't threated anyone because of thier names. Not as much as i know.
We are not threating people as fast at they join here, we have a standard we are supposed to follow, and we will follow it.

As said people, don't get all over-excited about this. Afterall, it's just a spam attack by n00bs.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Glasspinne wrote:
Wait, i haven't heard anything of this.

I haven't threated anyone because of thier names. Not as much as i know.
We are not threating people as fast at they join here, we have a standard we are supposed to follow, and we will follow it.

As said people, don't get all over-excited about this. Afterall, it's just a spam attack by n00bs.

It seems very Spourm like, thats my real worry. I could care less if there was a spam attack.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pintoz
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2485
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 19
Location : Everywhere, nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Drewskii wrote:
Glasspinne wrote:
Wait, i haven't heard anything of this.

I haven't threated anyone because of thier names. Not as much as i know.
We are not threating people as fast at they join here, we have a standard we are supposed to follow, and we will follow it.

As said people, don't get all over-excited about this. Afterall, it's just a spam attack by n00bs.

It seems very Spourm like, thats my real worry. I could care less if there was a spam attack.
Well, a spam attack here is not a big deal.

People get's over-excited for no reason, sadly.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Glasspinne wrote:
Drewskii wrote:
Glasspinne wrote:
Wait, i haven't heard anything of this.

I haven't threated anyone because of thier names. Not as much as i know.
We are not threating people as fast at they join here, we have a standard we are supposed to follow, and we will follow it.

As said people, don't get all over-excited about this. Afterall, it's just a spam attack by n00bs.

It seems very Spourm like, thats my real worry. I could care less if there was a spam attack.
Well, a spam attack here is not a big deal.

People get's over-excited for no reason, sadly.

That will ultimately bring more trolls. And not the same ones.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seananners
Red Spice
Red Spice


Posts : 20
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2010-10-19
Location : America. Home of the fast food industry *Cries in a corner*

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Have to agree with Drewskii, It won't be that bad if our moderator team can respond to it faster next time. But more trolls might come around, always a possibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Well, nevertheless, if we keep talking about it they will come. I am done talking about spam and trolls now. This may be locked.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pintoz
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2485
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 19
Location : Everywhere, nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Drewskii wrote:
Well, nevertheless, if we keep talking about it they will come. I am done talking about spam and trolls now. This may be locked.
Locking by request.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Does GAC IP Ban?   Today at 11:37 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Does GAC IP Ban?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: Locked Archive-
Jump to: