The Galactic Adventure Club
 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
by Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
by Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» my forum now
by Sean1M Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 pm

» Your very own art
by ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
by Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
by Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
by camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
by Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
by Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
by Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

» Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 am

Top posting users this week
Terwynd
 

Share | 
 

 . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pintoz
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2485
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 19
Location : Everywhere, nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:06 am

Okay! I will take your Adventure Bean...

Oh and, Drew, could you take Lone's GA? That would be appreciated.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Glasspinne wrote:
Oh and, Drew, could you take Lone's GA? That would be appreciated.

Jesus can someone just do my adventure I was the first to request that dat means I should be the first to get a review or something....
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:51 pm

LoneStar4 wrote:
Glasspinne wrote:
Oh and, Drew, could you take Lone's GA? That would be appreciated.

Jesus can someone just do my adventure I was the first to request that dat means I should be the first to get a review or something....

Lone, I have been rather wrapped up the past day. You going to have to wait.

Also Glass, you have the same adventures on your list as mine. Pay attention to that.


Also everyone else, I am going to write the reviews tonight. I was in the middle of Freeze's and something came up. I am getting to work on them within the next 8 hours.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 am

MonsterQuest: Monster of the Mine, By BurninatingFreez. Rated 3/5

My first written review in a while brings a nice welcome back into the business. Monster Quest:Monster of the Mine, is one of those adventures that is not bad..but not good either..this had its up's and it certianly had its downs.

Story 4/5:
I was particularity happy with the story. It was not anything too special but it was great and very very self explanatory. Freez did a good job with this and as far as I noticed...almost no errors with grammar.. (If not) none at all. A nice plus. The only thing keeping the story back a little was the fact it was sometimes..a little..confusing. I know, I just said it was explanatory..but there are few of these but they are there. It sometimes gave me a moment of deja veu. (Possible Grammar Fail on my part)Overall the story was great, and I will assume your long running series has this in all of them?

Playability 2/5:
As good as the story was, often glitches occurred. Many I would like to point out are not even glitches. They are just unfair situations. Such as at the end getting crushed by meteorites without warning. (If their was I did not see it) And when I played through the first time...this is not a big deal but I feel in the lava..a sign would be useful just in case..my main captain is very slow and that brings up another thing. When I went into the editor your preset captain had at least 1000 health. Many players do not have captains with that much health..as a matter of fact my captain only had 150 health..seems very unbalanced there. Now I went into the editor to see how a variety of captains would play through it.. and for the most part it was good. Just a few smaller places my larger captain could not get too.

Now we go to the enemy's and their balance....

..at the end I got instantly killed by the creatures at the end. That was very very frustrating. And at that same part I could not destroy the globe thing..this could be caused by the objects you have blocking it.

Detail 2/5:
Overall I was not pleased with the extremely repetitive environment. The Mine did not feel like a Mine it felt like a Cave that I keep repeating over and over again. Upon looking in the editor, you only used two or three things to make the cave..this is rather unpleasing and is a shame.

The beginning made no sense as far as how it looks.. I hear birds as if there is a jungle..but there is no jungle... that kinda made me go wat?

The looks are not where it was good here, but the story was great and the game-play could use a few small changes to it and it could be a 4..

Overall-3/5

If you are interested in this adventure you can download it Here: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-BurninatingFreez|500316701230%3Asast-500668177876%3Apg-40

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:01 am

Nice job Drew! tupps!
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 247
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 20
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:18 am

Very professional review! Thanks Drew! I did not know about the health thing. I never thought it would be a problem. Just one thing I did give a warning about the lava as I made the exact same mistake. Overall thanks for taking the time to review it and I look forward to Glass' review.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:40 am

If you have anymore, it would be a pleasure.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 247
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 20
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:39 am

Actually I have plenty but here is one other.

MonsterQuest Bray Road
The Beast of Bray Road stalks these grounds. Hunt for him with your team. Can you find this beast? Probably not but it's always fun to try!
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ftr-adventure%3Ausr-BurninatingFreez|500316701230%3Asast-500662043804

Also if you could explain how I could improve my environment then that would be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:44 am

If you post any for us to review, could they be little more recent? I just dont want to review really old ones that are not getting any plays..just a suggestion, you dont have to but it will get you more plays.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 247
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 20
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:14 am

Drewskii wrote:
If you post any for us to review, could they be little more recent? I just dont want to review really old ones that are not getting any plays..just a suggestion, you dont have to but it will get you more plays.

If you are addressing me, then I thought this would be recent. I made it a few months back but that is recent considering how old some of them are. The main reason for doing these reviews is to see how I do in the eyes of experienced adventurers and to improve my series. But the plays is just as important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:22 pm

BurninatingFreez wrote:
Drewskii wrote:
If you post any for us to review, could they be little more recent? I just dont want to review really old ones that are not getting any plays..just a suggestion, you dont have to but it will get you more plays.

If you are addressing me, then I thought this would be recent. I made it a few months back but that is recent considering how old some of them are. The main reason for doing these reviews is to see how I do in the eyes of experienced adventurers and to improve my series. But the plays is just as important.

Well, there are a few reasons we like to keep the reviews as recent as 3 months.

We like to make sure our reviews give a very fair estimate of adventures. Obviously we will generate more plays for your adventures if it is a 3 to 5. It helps you in many ways and we want to help as much as we can to get your adventures played.

It also will show your skill level as far as adventures go. Which can help you improve by a lot. My adventure series for example was very noobish at the beginning and got a 3, the next one got a 4 and the next got a 5. Thats because I listened to everything the reviews said. It turned out very good apparently. So thats another reason we like to keep the recent.

Just a suggestion.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 247
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 20
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 am

Drewskii wrote:
BurninatingFreez wrote:
Drewskii wrote:
If you post any for us to review, could they be little more recent? I just dont want to review really old ones that are not getting any plays..just a suggestion, you dont have to but it will get you more plays.

If you are addressing me, then I thought this would be recent. I made it a few months back but that is recent considering how old some of them are. The main reason for doing these reviews is to see how I do in the eyes of experienced adventurers and to improve my series. But the plays is just as important.

Well, there are a few reasons we like to keep the reviews as recent as 3 months.

We like to make sure our reviews give a very fair estimate of adventures. Obviously we will generate more plays for your adventures if it is a 3 to 5. It helps you in many ways and we want to help as much as we can to get your adventures played.

It also will show your skill level as far as adventures go. Which can help you improve by a lot. My adventure series for example was very noobish at the beginning and got a 3, the next one got a 4 and the next got a 5. Thats because I listened to everything the reviews said. It turned out very good apparently. So thats another reason we like to keep the recent.

Just a suggestion.
Well Bray Road actually was made within three months, but if you really are against it I do have another. It was the next in the series but is more recent and still gaining plays.
MonsterQuest Canadian Lake Monster
Search for Ogopogo in Canada. Search Rattlesnake Island for this legend that has put fear into the locals for too long. Set up traps and catch this thing!
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ftr-adventure%3Ausr-BurninatingFreez|500316701230%3Asast-500664626194
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 am

I was never against it, just suggesting something for future reference. I will still have it done.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 247
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 20
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:52 am

Drewskii wrote:
I was never against it, just suggesting something for future reference. I will still have it done.

Gotcha. I will keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:03 am

Perhaps I should put that on the OP.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 247
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2010-09-15
Age : 20
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:16 am

That would be helpfull.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:29 am

I am about to go review the next adventure on my list. I might also get to Lones tonight so..their could be two done tonight. Just a heads up everyone!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:05 am

Final Mission v2-Gelatino95, Rated 4/5

What can I say? This adventure was good for many reasons but is very easily could have been a 5 with a few very, very minor modifications. Sadly there are very few, small things from keeping this from glory. Not to say it dose not work well. Final Mission V2 provides an experience that has been overdone nearly 9000 times but dose it better than most.

Detail: 2/5
Lets get to the downer first. The adventure (As far as looks go) is very, very mediocre and partly resembles Maxis adventures. This is not a good thing and could use some work. You walk into a poorly made base look at a total of 3 or 4 buildings in there. Not counting walls. The props were nice and the cast members are well done. Thats a great plus for this adventure.

Story: 5/5
Even though it is completely random and you are beaming down to this random planet to help this random guy blow up a Grox base thats willing to do damage to the surrounding planets..It was well done. Unlike other missions where you have to kill Grox in it and thats all you get..this adventure makes a good but sort story in unique way. Never does it seem.."Oh there some guys lets go kill em LEEERROOY JINKES" it is serious and flows good with the task at hand. It may be short but it is well done.

Playability: 5/5
As far as glitches go..there were none. Thats a very very good thing. The enemy's were not too overpowering and they never encountered any issues during my play-through. The adventure provided a challenge (Though short lived) it took me at least two trys. It was very well crafted and is the way all adventures should be like.

Overall: 4/5

You can download and play this adventure here: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ftr-adventure%3Ausr-Gelatino95|500484375448%3Asast-500540614385%3Aview-newest

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3501
Upvotes: : 9
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 20
Location : Dinosaur Planet

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:15 am

Thank you SO MUCH for the review. I was really glad that you found no glitches, as that was the entire reason that I released v2. If you play v1, then the guy follows you outside the base and when it blows up, he's there with you when the hologram is on in the ship.

Also, as for the detail, I probably should have made the base bigger or included more stuff, as there was lots of empty space. And it's funny that you say that it resembles a Maxis adventure, as I used the planet from one of the Maxis adventures.

Oh, and by the by, this thread definitely needs to be moved to the Adventure Testing section, since that's essentially what this service is about. I could move it if you like, but one of the leaders of this thread (Drew or Glass) must confirm that they want it to be moved first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:21 am

Glass was the one who suggested it be in this section. XD Glass mess up 0:?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:27 am

Badok's Treasure Part 1-LoneStar45, Rated 5/5

Great adventure, thats all I can say. Crafted with a great environment, working and balanced game-play and a great story, this adventure is worth your hard earned space clams. I mean uh..time.

Story: 5/5
The story of this adventure was so well made..I could not write a good enough paragraph for this..(Really I had to rewrite it.) The many audio logs gave this a really good story that the adventure already had. Well done Lone Sir.

Playability: 5/5
There were almost no problems. No glitches, very very well balanced. This adventure keeps it from being overwhelming and still playable while providing a serious challenge at the same time. Just great.

Detail: 4/5:
Though its not top notch..its still very well made. Just a few extra details keep this from a perfect score. The Temple was great and the jungle type place was fantastic.

Overall: 5/5..

You can and should download and play this adventure...here: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-LoneStar45...0637810923%3Asast-500684206848

Darkspawn strongly recommends Badok's Treasure Part 1

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pintoz
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2485
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 19
Location : Everywhere, nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:12 am

XD

Sorry for no reviews BUT my spore isn't working correctly right now! :(

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pintoz
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2485
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 19
Location : Everywhere, nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:55 pm

MonsterQuest Zombie Outbreak - BurnatingFreeze, Rated 3/5

Well, i am actually a little bit of disappointed. Gamer had braged about you saying how good these are. My expectations got higher, and well, i got excited to play it. But even from the start i sensed this would not be so good as i hoped. But it went out a little better later.

Story: 4/5
This story was really good. Not top notch but very well made. It was outhought, and planned. Some major things about (that was good) it we're the replacement in the beginning. Very good thinking at that part, I loved the idea with the voodoo and it was very well executed. A special yet exciting story. One thing i also loved was the diary's. Really nice idea and it was great you put some humor in it!

Playability: 3/5
This one was quite disappointing. Even at the start i got stuck in the car and spended almost 3 minutes getting out of it. Well, the captain sank into it and it was nrealy impossible to get out at first. But when i finally got out things we're smooth untill i entered the mansion. ALL characters had sank into the floor. And, i had to play it in the editor. later, wehn i was gonna flee, and characters had sank into the rocks. This was quite annoying as i couldn't talk to them. And i think this was what the players mentioned about a glitch. The rest was good though.

Detail: 3/5
The detail; not many rocks, you could have used the norainbows cheat, a bit more accurate detail by placing more rocks and a bit more flora at some places. It all looked so dull, y'know? And i founded it quite ironic that "leave no rock unturned" when there was no rocks. The atmosphere wasn't scary at all, and the buildings and props made by you we're not so good actually. The music could haev been slowed down a bit to make it even more disturbing. The characters could also have been made a bit better. But, well, it was okay.


Overall: 3/5

You can download and play this adventure Here

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Nice Job Glass.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Thx for the review.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.   Today at 11:54 pm

Back to top Go down
 
. : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» . : Darkspawn Review's : . Because the worst is yet to come.
» ROTF voyager long haul review
» Worst Video Game You've Ever Played
» G1-ish Arcee Figure Review
» This has to be the world's worst girlfriend

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: Locked Archive-
Jump to: