» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

» Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Advanced Guide To Adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Frogger1093
Pink Spice
Pink Spice

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:39 am

Does anyone know how to create alternate endings. I know it can be done by looking at hk1x1's Deepspace part 3, and I have a tiny idea of how it's done, but I'm not sure, and everytime I try it out in the GA editor, it doesn't work.

I'm not really thinking of using this anytime soon, but I probably will use it in a later installment of Eden or another series that I'm thinking up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:21 am

I do not know how to make alternate endings, since the goals in an adventure are very linear so all goals must be completed in order to progress, rather than just completing one of the goals. I personally think that one big thing that GA needs to include is the ability to make it so all goals do not need to be completed to finish an act.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Frogger1093
Pink Spice
Pink Spice

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
I do not know how to make alternate endings, since the goals in an adventure are very linear so all goals must be completed in order to progress, rather than just completing one of the goals. I personally think that one big thing that GA needs to include is the ability to make it so all goals do not need to be completed to finish an act.

That's the problem I kept having every time I tried it. I'll try it out some more and if I find anything out I'll post it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:07 am

I asked h1x1 how he did it, but he never answered. try editing his adventure to find out, it's what I keep meaning to do
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Dark_Heroics wrote:
I asked h1x1 how he did it, but he never answered. try editing his adventure to find out, it's what I keep meaning to do

Maybe the reason why he didn't answer might be because it's his secret in adventuring. But I agree on editting the adventure, worst comes worst you may have to give up and figure out yourself... BTW, can i have a link to this adventure? You guys made me curious now. Happy.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

RazorKnight wrote:
Dark_Heroics wrote:

Maybe the reason why he didn't answer might be because it's his secret in adventuring. But I agree on editting the adventure, worst comes worst you may have to give up and figure out yourself... BTW, can i have a link to this adventure? You guys made me curious now. Happy.

Now I'm curious, let us disect the adventure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frogger1093
Pink Spice
Pink Spice

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:43 am

I asked hk1x1 a few days ago and got a response. It's all about the "Move To..." objectives that take up the entire second half of the adventure. He calls it "Act Hopping".

hk1x1 wrote:
Say your objective is to move from point A to point B, thats your first path. To create an alternative path, you will move from point A to point C, by placing a copy of point B underneath point C, letting you skip point B alltogether...

It's kind of confusing, but it makes sense if you think about it and try it in the editor. If you look at his adventure, there are two of every monolith that he has set for "Move To..." but you only need to be near one to fulfill the act's requirements. Under each monolith, there is a second monolith that fulfills the requirements of the next act (the alternate path). It's as if the player has done only one thing, but in reality did both acts in one action.

It kind of limits the options for act objectives, but it's really neat nonetheless.

EDIT: Here's a quick picture I drew up in case anyone who comes across this is a visual learner. It's color coded because I think it's easier to follow. Hope it helps.

I guess it could also be done with three or more divergent paths, but that would be way too confusing for players, eat up complexity fast, and really limit how many acts you can work with considering that you're skipping an act every objective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:19 am

An easier thing to do is to just have alternate paths in an adventure with the same ending. Alternate paths only have to take up one act, and the same goal can be reached by taking both paths. In addition, you can combine several acts of an alternate path by having the two paths intersect at a "checkpoint" but not be able to move in between.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Frogger1093
Pink Spice
Pink Spice

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
An easier thing to do is to just have alternate paths in an adventure with the same ending. Alternate paths only have to take up one act, and the same goal can be reached by taking both paths. In addition, you can combine several acts of an alternate path by having the two paths intersect at a "checkpoint" but not be able to move in between.

I see what you mean. I just went ahead and posted the way he did it in Deepspace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dymblade
Blue Spice
Blue Spice

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:07 pm

A idea I found once was how to scan this can be a big help in adventures or making your adventure have a intresting role I am planning to use this in a future series of mine i'm working on.
To scan you open the Options. Click Spy Glass then click the creature or object you want to scan it then brings it up in the creator menu this is how you get an insight into the ablities it has.
You can see a example of this in the tutorial for the series I am making.
LINK: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500715711322
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:59 am

oh, that makes a lot of sense. thanks frogger, I'll have to try that out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:44 am

If you ever want a more realistic meteor strike in your adventure, simply place a long line of invisible explosive barrels that goes high into the sky. Then place your meteor slightly above the stack. It should look like the meteor is breaking through the atmoshere when you play the adventure.This can also be used to create debri from space falling through the sky(broken satallite,destroyed space station or spaceship,ect). It may take up more complexity than you want though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:44 pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but if you want to make a good atmosphere, put a herd of Animal-class Creatures, make it so they wander or are idle. Then go into 'Advanced' and make it so they 'move to' or 'patrol' when they are aware of the player (or another creature works fine too), then make them move away from the player a long way away. It will look like the creatures are fleeing from the player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Guide To Adventures   Today at 1:11 am

Back to top Go down

Advanced Guide To Adventures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2