GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

What Would You Rate Spore?

Go down 
+15
GammaGames
byball9
Frogger1093
Loon
camelfox
Dark_Heroics
DarkStar
Ferrety
Johnthedragon
Mitchz95
Delta
Razorator_O
Gelatino95
Pintoz
Oplan
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

Upvotes: : 1
Location : It's on a need-to-know basis, and you probably don't want to know

What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:16 am

My mac has them
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:21 am

:O then you are the source of information on how I too can have them
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:24 am

I just googled 'Spore Bot Parts' and it had a link to a forum where they had the link to download the file for both parts. After that it was a series of steps to installing it into the game.
Back to top Go down
GammaGames
Red Spice
Red Spice
GammaGames

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:56 am

yeah, but you can't share the creatures with the bot parts. Which means if you use them in an adventure, you won't be able to upload the adventure. Which is retarded.
Back to top Go down
GammaGames
Red Spice
Red Spice
GammaGames

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:58 am

Johnthedragon wrote:
Gelatino95 wrote:
Dark_Heroics wrote:
yeah, spore isn't a game, it's a tool (mudo quote :P)
I tend to think of it as more of a graphic art medium or a 3D modeling program. (Gelo quote)

I think of it as a really fun toy :3 (will Wright Quote)

haha thats how i feel about it too :P
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:01 am

I haven't used bot parts yet... expect on the my new mascot.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:07 am

I've tried downloading them like that... several times, in fact, but all have failed
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:26 am

Dark_Heroics wrote:
bot parts 0/10 because of MACS NOT HAVING THEM

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:33 am

Johnthedragon wrote:

Space Stage is fun and it never ends but planets are too small,1 archtype is missing from the game (Knight),needs more colony options,and it also needs more varity pf stars and planets 10 terrascore would be better then 3.

Check out my list of suggestions for the space stage on the Let's Make a Better Spore! thread. I've already got 24 ideas on it!

Last edited by Mitchz95 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding a link.)
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:34 am

I personally think Spore is one of the best games out there but does have the greatest replay value of any game i've played.

Creators
Creature Creator: 8/10
Vehicle Creator: 5/10
Outfitter: 8/10
Building Creator: 6/10
Spaceship Creator: 8/10
Adventure Creator: 9/10 Adventure Creator makes the game and I would have been done with Spore a long time ago without it. I would give it a 10 but there is stuff to improve.

Stages
Cell: 7/10
Creature: 9/10
Tribal: 9/10
Civilization: 8/10
Space: 9/10
Adventure: 9/10
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:42 am

Quote :
Adventure Creator makes the game and I would have been done with Spore a long time ago without it. I would give it a 10 but there is stuff to improve.

Exactly the way I think of it!
Back to top Go down
Pat1196
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Pat1196

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:03 am

I would round it up like this:

Spore was probably the most innovative video game created of all time, yet the ideas became spoiled over time. Although the actual game portion (Cell-Space) got old, the creature creator and adventure creator will most likely always stand the test of time. Although some people beleive Spore is going down hill, I beleive that it will be fine as long as Maxis continues to release more patches and expansions to keep people interested.

Over all, I would give the game as a whole 4.5/5 stars. tupps!
Seperate Stages:

Creature Creator: 5/5
Vehicle Creator: 3/5
Building Creator: 4/5

Sporecast Creating/Editing: 5/5

Adventure Creator: 5/5

Cell Stage: 4/5
Creature Stage: 3/5
Tribal Stage: 2/5
Civilization Stage: 4/5
Space Stage: 5/5

Core Spore Creepy and Cute Exo Limps Galactic Adventures Bot Parts

Last edited by Pat1196 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:04 pm

i agree with pat here. except that i think tribal deserves amybe a bit more. it has good potential.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
Pat1196
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Pat1196

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 pm

camelfox wrote:
i agree with pat here. except that i think tribal deserves amybe a bit more. it has good potential.

I was never really a fan of the Tribal stage... I wish there were more tribes and if you could do more with them like trading and making crafts and stuff...

BUT I LOVE THE SPACE STAGE! My empire consists of 3,151 planets, max money, and I defeated The Grox. Hahaha I was obsessed with getting rid of those guys. coffee
I haven't played the actual game in over a year though, because of game freezing and glitches...
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:01 pm

How do you actually tend to take over so much Solar systems Pat?
Back to top Go down
Teamdarkness
Red Spice
Red Spice
Teamdarkness

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:58 am

How should I begin my professional review? How about the same way I reviewed adventures for The Adventure Tester Club and The Arbiter's Grounds Review Center! I'll review the game by chronological stage.

Here's Teamdarkness' review for SPORE Published by EA, developed by Maxis:

Cell Stage: The story begins with the player creating an odd microbe that seems more reminiscent to a fish than anything. After selecting the creature's diet, and naming the planet; the player begins their journey. A massive meteor filled with numerous lifeforms crashes on the planet of choice and life emerges.

The truth is that the cell stage seems to be more of a two-dimensional aqua stage where you swim around and eat either meat chunks from other creatures, or plant matter. After a while you end up growing almost exponentially in size to the point where your as large as a snail. (This kind of reminds me of Feeding Frenzy honestly).

Eventually, there's so much complexion in the creature that they develop a "brain" and reach the surface of land. There's not much to this stage which is argumentably the shortest stage of them all. This stage is chronologically flawed, but not severely. It was decent, but could have performed better.

3/5

Creature Stage: Now THIS is where the mayhem begins. Your creature is given new parts (legs are optional). After landfall, you can decide whether you want to begin eating everyone, befriending your neighbor, or just plain exploring. There's much to describe in this stage, so I'll attempt to simplify everything by generalizing the stage. It's a fun journey of exploration, eating, mating (Which isn't really mating and was incredibly censored and transformed into something completely odd for the younger section of the Maxis fanbase), and "evolution"?

Now this is the controversial section of Spore. There are several questionable details about this "evolution". For one thing, even though the creativity is great, the creature is unrealistic. Who ever heard of a bird evolving into a monkey, and then turning into a tiger? Sounds odd doesn't it? Well that is possible to perform in this game, making it unrealistic.

Overall, I give the creature stage a painful 2/5 for fun adventures and creativity, but for also containing a flawed, unrealistic form of "evolution".

Tribal Stage:

Here's where the fun begins. Your creature has yet again, become so complex from either killing or socializing with everyone, that they became sentient! Your creature you play as becomes the chieftain after discovering fire, how to create tools, and how to build things with tools.

After a tutorial, you begin what feels like an RTS-styled stage. Everything seems simple because you have to just survive by gathering food and building right? WRONG!! Apparently there are other tribes, that are strangely other creatures to compete with. Now you can decide whether you want to form an alliance by performing a concert, or kill them by slaughtering the villagers and burning their main hut.

Either way, your certain to have some kind of fun. The only problem in this stage is the fact that some people might not like being introduced to a completely new game mode that feels like a different game. The only unrealistic part about this stage (Besides the whimsical instruments), is the fact that you compete with other species instead of different groups of your own kind.

I give this stage a 3.5/5[/b][b] for it's originality, but it's not that great.

Now I advance to reviewing the civilization stage! After choosing to either ally with or destroy all nearby tribes, your chieftain holds a meeting where a future civilization's capital, vehicle, and purpose is discussed. Now your civilizations purpose is based off of how you finished the tribal stage. For example: If you just concluded the tribal stage by killing everyone, your nation is a militaristic one.

After making a Homeric leap through time, your species discovers the value of spice which is the equivalent of Earth's oil which is fundamental to your economy. The stage it'self is very similar to most RTS games with a world view where your goal is compete with other nations of your sentient creature to own the world.

Unfortunately there are several flaws with this stage, one being that the leap through the ages was too unrealistic because it left a large gap through time. How can you be a tribe one day, and instantly become a modern-day society tomorrow? Another flaw is that all three forms of civilization are completely totalitarian. You either destroy, convert, or purchase the world to win, even though there is such thing as peace.

Even though this stage is more realistic, it's un-original, tyrannical, and bears a time paradox that is too massive to ignore. I give this stage a 3/5.

Now we proceed to the space stage! This stage is perhaps one of the best, and most promising stage of the entire Spore game that was also the most promoted. After uniting the world under one rule, your civilization develops their first space vehicle and you begin your journey throughout the cosmos!

After learning how to command your ship, your captain is assigned to learn the basics of colonization and other information you will be required to recall. Fortunately this information is simple. This stage is the most fun because there is no overhead agenda; you are in control of your empire's destiny. Will you plunder the galaxy? Will you discover the universe's odd mysteries? IT'S ALL UP TO YOU!!!

Unfortunately, the space stage also possesses it's shortcomings. For one thing, your empire is completely dependent on you. You will be called to save a planet from an ecological disaster or defend a planet from space pirates, which can be quire tiresome; especially if your on the other side of the galaxy.

Although this stage is fun, it's also repetitive and eventually becomes stale. I'd give this one a 4/5. Overall, Spore deserves an average of 3/5 It's an exhilarating game in concept and design, and the gameplay is somewhat promising, however the game possesses some serious issues that prevent it from becoming what it could have been. In an effort to avoid straining your eyes too much, I'll review the Spore Galactic Adventures section in a different post.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:12 am

9/10, It lost one cause of teh bugs. :3
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:19 pm

[quote="Teamdarkness"]How should I begin my professional review?

Teamdarkness wrote:
There's not much to this stage which is argumentably the shortest stage (cell) of them all.
Do you WANT to be a cell forever?

Teamdarkness wrote:
Who ever heard of a bird evolving into a monkey, and then turning into a tiger? Sounds odd doesn't it? Well that is possible to perform in this game, making it unrealistic.

containing a flawed, unrealistic form of "evolution".
Thus, it is the point of Spore, to be unrealistic.

Teamdarkness wrote:
Even though this stage is more realistic, it's un-original, tyrannical, and bears a time paradox that is too massive to ignore. I give this stage (civ) a 3/5.
I don't care what you think of civ stage, CIVILIZATION STAGE ROCKS!!

Teamdarkness wrote:
Overall, Spore deserves an average of 3/5

You are quite the Pacimist, spore is a 10/10!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:11 pm

ha ha, darkstar, I think you're right... XD
Back to top Go down
Teamdarkness
Red Spice
Red Spice
Teamdarkness

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:18 pm

You don't have to agree with my ratings, I'm just informing people about my opinion of Spore. Afterall, this thread was meant to rate Spore in your own form.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:41 pm

no, it's just his response is funny.
Back to top Go down
Teamdarkness
Red Spice
Red Spice
Teamdarkness

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:54 am

Now it's time to rate that expansion that was released later year. That's right, I'm referring to SPORE GALACTIC ADVENTURES!!!

Spore Galactic Adventures is a massive expansion built back in the day when EA and Maxis still cared about Spore. After the popular and unavoidable demand for being able to explore outside of your spaceship in the space stage, Spore Galactic Adventures was released. Now this expansion improved Spore greatly, mainly because players are now able to create their own heroes, villians, stories, worlds, and more using two new editors: The Captain Editor, and The Adventure Editor.

The Captain Editor allows players to create their own heroes/villains/neutral characters that they represent in their empire. This editor unlocks several parts that are useful, but there's a catch. If you wish to play as a captain, you have to advance through the ranks and earn up to 10 parts maximum. None the less this editor is pretty amusing, the only problem is that the captain for some odd reason is always male, which can be an issue for female players or anyone attempting to create a female character.

The Adventure Editor is a nifty little tool that allows you to create worlds of all kinds. Whether it be a small colony, a vast wild land, or even a massive space station; your sure to have a blast! Using this editor, players are able to create their own stories; whether it be a small play or an epic quest of more than three adventures and share it to the community.

The best part about The Adventure Editor is that, with the right amount of skill, your sure to never grow bored for quite a while. The only problems with the expansion is that it also caused a lot of glitches to be developed. Examples include: Walking through walls, falling through floors, getting stuck, and various other problems.

Overall this expansion was an absolute MUST, but like everything; it brings a few problems. If Spore is becoming a bore, try adding this installment for more! This expansion deserves a 4.5/5!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:07 am

oh yeah, definitely. GA made spore what it is today.
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 am

I could not agree more. EA and Maxis NEED to focus on their most money-making game. Spore. They need to release more patches and GET ANOTHER EXPANSION PACK!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:45 am

I agree, They can toss the spin-off "Darkspore" on the back burner
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Rate Spore?   What Would You Rate Spore? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Would You Rate Spore?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next