GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Gelatino's Advice Corner

Go down 
+7
Mitchz95
3D
Terwynd
Dory01
byball9
Dark_Heroics
Gelatino95
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:53 pm

All of those doors are already shared.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Space Battles   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi again, I'm coming close to the conclusion of my twenty-part GroxQuest series. I have a huge space battle planned for the last episode, but you've probably noticed that it's hard to do that very well on GA. Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any tips or tricks I could use to enhance dogfighting sequences?
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Photosynthesis once made a pretty cool spaceship battle thing, you might want to check that out...

...oh wait I'm not Gelo...
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:13 pm

It's okay, Blixa, you're allowed to submit advice if you want.

As for dogfighting, I may have a few tips for you:

• Make a creature that looks like a spaceship, and add a really long invisible limb to the bottom. Make it as tall as possible. This can be used as the player's ship, so be sure to add only long-range weapons like Plasma Pulser and Missile Flinger.
  • Make some other creatures that look like ships to be the enemies. Make them the same speed as the captain so you can't escape so easily, but give the captain a Sprint Pack so you can get away at the cost of energy.
  • Make sure to include Health and Energy recharges at regular intervals throughout the battlefield. You could also give the captain an energy recharge part that recharges very slowly, so they have the option of avoiding enemies to recharge instead of looking for recharges.
  • If you have the time, then turn some gates on their side and lay them all over the battlefield like a floor. Make them invisible. Your captain will slide all over them, giving the illusion of flight, while being high up in the sky. (However, I'm not sure how the NPC's AI will work on the gates)
  • You'll definitely want to add some more invisible gates to limit the battlefield. Put them really far out and maybe put up some really tall towers around the battlefield to show where the limits are.
  • In addition to all the creatures, you may want to include some regular vehicles as larger enemies. However, the vehicles might not fly high enough for you.

I hope some of that was helpful.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: One Problem   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Those are great ideas! Unfortunately, I don't know how to do invisible limbs.
Back to top Go down
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Shadow99

Upvotes: : 0
Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi, I could use some advice on my GA's, every time I make an inside area in them they always seem a bit, sloppy, I guess. I know how to make one, just the Walls are always overlapping eachother, not fitting in with eachother to make it look like an actual complete wall. (Did that make any since? XD) Really need some help with this, because it shows up A LOT in the conclusion to UBD~Horrors of the Mind. (Which I haven't shared yet.)
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:18 pm

I just came up with a cool idea for Mitchz's (or someone else's if they want to use it) adventure:

(Please note: this would only work well in adventures in a planet's atmosphere, not a space battle)
Okay, you see, by using gates you create multiple levels of flight, one low one not very far from the ground with weaker enemy ships along with ground dwelling turrets and walker vehicles that fire at the ships.

Now, for the next layer, a teleporter (that would be called a Thermal Updraft in the adventure) would take you to the next area of battle, obviously it's too high for allied turrets or walkers, and there are not only the previous kind of ship, but a few more deadly ones as well. There are also generally more ships, so it is more chaotic and almost impossible to hide and recharge.

If you go even higher, some of the most infamous enemy ships reside, there are also less allied ships around. be careful!

The last area is actually the calmest, despite that there are no allied ships, here, passive enemy cargo ships supply the enemy fighter ships with weapons, but are completely harmless by themselves. There is a multitude of power ups here.

Sorry, I just had to share that idea. I think it is pretty good actually.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:58 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
Those are great ideas! Unfortunately, I don't know how to do invisible limbs.
Look it up on Youtube. There are various tutorials.

Shadow99 wrote:
Hi, I could use some advice on my GA's, every time I make an inside area in them they always seem a bit, sloppy, I guess. I know how to make one, just the Walls are always overlapping eachother, not fitting in with eachother to make it look like an actual complete wall. (Did that make any since? XD) Really need some help with this, because it shows up A LOT in the conclusion to UBD~Horrors of the Mind. (Which I haven't shared yet.)
When placing walls, be sure you put them barely overlapping each other when they're right next to each other. You basically want to overlap as little as possible while still making it look like one connected wall.

Another way to make the walls go well together is to put a pillar on one side of the wall when you're making it, like this:
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 500538561099_lrg
Then you just place these walls right next to each other, and place the end without the pillar into the end with the pillar. Then, it looks like a wall with pillars going along it. Also, make sure you press the Alt key to copy your wall pieces, to make sure they are perfectly lined up.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 am

Any tips on making statues?In many adventures I wanted to put a statue in somewhere, but the statues never came out the way I wanted them, so I didn't add them.Plus my Horned Demon Contest is ending soonish and I want the trophys to be impressive.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:16 am

Building statues are my specialty. Well, not really, but I make good ones. Here's one that I made a while back:
Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 500705740136_lrg
Here's some advice to you:

1. Make a rather simple base. You're going to want to save complexity for the statue, so only use a few body parts to make the base. Add some details if you want it to look nice and unique, but keep it rather simple overall.

2. Make sure you know all the advanced controls for placement of parts. Use ctrl to move a part in the Z axis (up and down) and alt to move a part in the X and Y axis (back and forth)

3. Don't be afraid to combine different parts to make a unique shape. Putting together certain body parts and sinking them into each other using the controls specified above can help make a unique body shape for a creature.

4. Don't be afraid to use any parts. Body parts don't necessarily have to be used for the body. Use connectors if you want. Don't separate the parts based on their category; just use the ones that look good, regardless of type.

I think that about covers it... you might want to take a look at a few of Parkaboy's statues to get ideas for what parts to use in certain areas. I'll post a link if I can find one.

EDIT: here's a link to his statue sporecast: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=advssrch-Parkaboy%3Afi-author
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks for the tips!Ill try making some statues the next time im on spore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gelatino's Advice Corner   Gelatino's Advice Corner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gelatino's Advice Corner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2