» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

» Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Delta
Admin

Upvotes: : 82

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:43 pm

Dagon shook his head as the argument washed over him.

"Do you think we should start keeping track of the time it takes for arguments to break out too?" He said into the comms.

"I think 'we' should get 'our' lazy backsides off of the landing pad before the whole neighbourhood arrives with torches and pitchforks, and stop thinking about how great it would be to organise a mud-wrestling match right now." Kwa replied.

"I wasn't—"

"You're a terrible liar."

Dagon sighed, and turned to the group at large.

"Right guys, we'd better start moving down towards the source of the signal. Kwa'll keep us on the right track."

They moved out, the remainder of the group soon catching up with Sciris, and as the sun set the Rangers found themselves wending their way through streets lined with rusty warehouses and a few hab blocks. Thick, irregular metal struts shot up from between the buildings like monstrous telegraph poles, or trees that hadn't made it in the leaves-and-branches business and had settled instead for slouching around in the shadows, supporting the tier above them. What passed for street-lights in Swires were fluorescent tubes held up vertically on wooden poles at about head height, picking out dust and flying insects and tingeing the whole scene a light shade of blue. It was quiet.

"...Here?" Dagon had stopped in front of a metal gate, a finger held to his communicator.

"Yes," Kwa said, "No more than half a kilometre straight ahead of you."

"Hrm..." The gate was tall, built out of salvaged metal and chain-link and lined with razor-wire, with a fence of similar appearance running off to either side. The sign over it read "Orriv's Scrapyard", with numerous crudely painted warnings beneath it about trespassing, dogs and electricity.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Hadron had been keeping close to Dagon for the whole walk over here. The neighborhood was a bit too eerie for his liking, but at least it was relatively deserted. When they came up to the gate, it was obvious to Hadron that they weren't wanted here. There was no telling what kind of murderous people were waiting for them on the other side.

Then Hadron got an idea. His ion thrusters were fully charged, and it wouldn't be too much trouble to get to a higher altitude. "Dagon," he said, "If you want, I can fly up and try to get a look at any danger through here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:35 am

Dagon nodded.

"Sounds like a plan — try not to be spotted."

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:55 am

Hadron nodded back. He craned his neck and looked around at the area behind him. There were a few pieces of the wrecked ship's hull haphazardly jutting out high above. A perfect landing spot. Hadron took a few steps back until he had enough room in front of him. With a few neural signals, he extended his metal, jet-like wings with a low-energy ion thruster attached to each one. Just enough thrust to keep him in the air once he got up to speed.

After a deep breath, he ran a short distance in front of him, powered up the thrusters, and zoomed off the ground like an airplane taking flight. Immediately he directed his whole body upward, sending him flying up the platform. He planted his feet on the metal with a soft clang just before coming to a complete stop.

From up here, everyone on the ground looked a lot smaller. It was fortunate that Hadron no longer became dizzy when looking down from high heights; by his estimate, his allies were just within vomit range. He could now get a good look at what lay beyond the junkyard fence.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:59 am

The scrapyard wasn't much to look at from above, especially when it was so dark. At the far end was what looked like a house, with one light on in a window on the first floor, but details in the yard itself were difficult to make out: various mounds of indistinct garbage rose above the level of the fences, nothing that looked remotely like a strike cruiser — from what Hadron could see, the place hardly looked big enough to hold one.

For a moment he caught a glimpse of movement near the fence's perimeter — a creature was silhouetted against the street-lights briefly, but sank back into the shadows before Hadron could get a better look at it.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:05 am

Satisfied, Hadron swooped down to the ground and landed cleanly next to Dagon. "It's kind of dark, so I couldn't see much," he reported to Dagon, "but I didn't see anything resembling a strike cruiser. Mostly just junk. I thought I might have seen somebody in there, though."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:51 pm

"Alright," Dagon said glancing around at the group at large, "How do you guys want to play this?"

Everyone apart from Sciris, Samantha and Dagon could make out a faint buzzing emanating from the fence.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:15 am

"If no-one's in there," Samantha said, her arms crossed, "then let's just pry the gate open, or jump the fence, and just keep going."

Flank was facing the gate with his wings spread as far as they could, and holding very still. It was something his race did when they wanted to have better hearing, like putting a hand to one's ear, although the Ravis didn't have anything vaguely ear-like to begin with; they had unseen hearing organs just behind their glassy eyes. His wings worked to catch more sound like a satellite and bounce it towards his head.

"I think..." he said slowly, still trying to confirm what he was hearing, "the fence is electrified."
"How?" Samantha asked flatly.
"I can-" Flank gestured wildly at the makeshift metal barrier, folding his wings. "I can hear it. It's a real quiet humming coming from the fence."
"And you're absolutely certain it's not just someone's microwave, really far away?" She teased. She knew Flank was always suspicious when he thought something might electrocute him, but she loved poking fun at him when he started accusing random objects of being live.

"Pretty sure." Flank nodded.
"Test it out, then." She resolved, lifting her foot and giving Flank a light shove in the back towards the fence. After taking the first overbalanced forward step, he hurled himself bodily backwards out of fright, knocking into Samantha on the way.

"Can you not?!" he demanded, hoping he didn't look like too much of an idiot.
"Jeez Flank," she said, recovering from the bump, "I was joking."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:35 am

Knightmare smacked her helmet. Damn! Don't tell me my sensory emissions are shutting down too. Knightmare thought as she panicked when an annoying buzzing noise was heard. Her panic was quickly subdued when she could hear Samantha and Flank talking.

"Electric, huh?" she stated, "If you need somebody to test the theory out, I can gladly touch the fence." she said, hoping to transfer some the current into a viable energy source to delay the need for feeding.

Last edited by RazorKnight on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:45 pm

"...Really?" Dagon didn't really have a measure of Knightmare's abilities — her attitude didn't exactly  invite inquiry, and apart from the little display on the landing pad earlier he hadn't any first-hand experience of what she could do.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Looks like home.

Sciris eyed the scrapyard warily, scanning for the lifeform Hadron had noted earlier. Still, nothing out of the ordinary that he could detect.

"Not that I know anything about this, but I'd cut the power to the fence, split into two groups, lead an pincer movement round the side, flank our target - no pun intended, Cannon-boy.There's three advantages; first, we divide their attention, second, a delay in timing of the second group's arrival results in demoralization for our target, and third, we can sweep for the life form Birdbrain saw." He replied in answer to Dagon's query, glancing over towards Knightmare, who was approaching the fence.

...what's Ms. Frigidaire doing anyhow? Cannon-boy seemed to think the fence would fry your face off upon contact. Then again, she was a pain earlier. Perhaps there'd be something cathartic in seeing her zap her fingers off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:14 am

Knightmare shrugged slightly at Dagon.

"Depends on the fence. If it's anything like a standard electric fence, I could just drain the energy from whatever is powering it by touching the fence itself." she stated.

"...on the other hand; if the fence has an external generator... I won't be able to protect myself from the shock, one of you might have to pull me away from it when I finish draining it." Knightmare informed. She hesitated on her next statement. "I will probably suffer some kind of mitigation or drawback; but let's face it, going in together by using me is a better strategy than sending the few that can get past the fence. If there is something behind this fence, we shouldn't split up, especially if it's more then one being."

Knightmare took a step back from the fence.

"In the end, the decision is yours. I know you will do whatever you think is best for the team."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:07 am

"Sounds dangerous," Dagon replied, "Kwa: you know more about this tech stuff than I do."

"Hmm." Kwa paused for a moment to think.

"Realistically, there are three ways this fence's energiser could be receiving power: by batteries or a generator within the perimeter, or directly from Swires' main grid. From what you have told us, it may be dangerous for you to attempt to drain the power unless the fence is charged via battery. We do not know either way, but you are a better judge your own abilities than anyone else."

"If you do not believe it is worth the risk, KM, we can try something else."

"As for your idea, Sciris, have you considered how you might actually go about cutting the power?"

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:32 am

Hadron butted in, "I also have this little tractor beam dealie on my back." He pointed to the purple-ringed device attached to his back armor. "I don't know how strong this fence is, but I might be able to pull it apart without touching it."
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Fridge still seems to be keen on blasting her hand off or better yet completely frying her insides. It's like drowning a fish. Big waste of time that doesn't help anyone. Industrial scrapyard like this, most likely hooked up to the grid anyhow.

"I was gonna suggest Cannon-boy blasting us a hole through the fence, but he might be able to rip a hole through, which would be bit quieter." Sciris replied in answer to Kwa's query, glancing back at the Orthavian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Knightmare stood a meter away from the fence, listening and considering all of the alternatives presented.

"I wouldn't call 'ripping a hole' really discrete. For all we know, this place might have a security system. We would be caught the minute we did any kind of structural damage to the fence." Knightmare said with her arms crossed. She turned her gaze back to Dagon.

"I'm confident that I can drain the energy out of the fence, even if it's connected to Swires' main power grid. If it is the main grid, I could cause a whole blackout around the surrounding area. Considering this place is underdeveloped and poor I would suspect that they have power outages quite frequently... this would distract the suspicion and give us the edge with a surprise factor." Knightmare uncrossed her arms and slowly examined the fence.

"Like any main grid, it probably has a backup generator powering critical areas until somebody reboots the grid. You guys need to climb up the fence quickly before it kicks in; it shouldn't be too much of a problem for us."

Knightmare slightly grazed the back of her hand on to the fence. The quick jolt of electricity made the nanobots spasm for more. The nanobots retreated from her body like a tidal wave, revealing her skin and the essential weave of nanobots that were bonded with corporeal body. The wires, catalysts and circuits were under her skin glowing in a blue hue, intertwined with the skeletal nanobot weave above her skin. From this instance, it was noticeable that her helmet wasn't actually part of her nanobot armor. Under the helmet was a nanobot mesh covering her entire head like a ski mask without the holes for eyes or a mouth, capturing the shape of her facial structure without flaw.

Her energy catalyst itched the draining module at palm of her hands, urging her to feed on the electricity.

"In my opinion, this is the safest solution to the fence problem." Knightmare directed to Dagon. "It up to you though, I just want to give you a sure-to-work alternative."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:46 pm

"How polite," Kwa chimed in, "I must have been temporarily deaf when you asked permission to tear off that civilian's arm earlier."

Dagon rolled his eyes.

"The only person I'm willing to hear bicker about fences for this long is my grandma. Would someone please just take the initiative?"

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:39 pm

"Gladly." Flank mumbled, stepping to the side until he was directly in front of the gate. These people talked about fences and power grids like they were strategy analysts with encyclopaedias for brains, every one of them sounding like some self-proclaimed expert. Everyone had an opinion, everyone had a plan, and everyone thought it was more important to yammer on about getting past a fence than actually making an effort.

"This, everyone, is called progress." Flank muttered as his cannon swivelled up and over his shoulder from its resting position behind his back to its horizontal firing position. Through the scope hot-wired to his brain Flank picked out a few weak spots in the fence to target.
"It is the opposite of standing around and yapping on about the 'best possible way to overcome a frigging electric fence.'"

With everyone out of the line of fire, Flank let fly with the miniature FlaK cannon, sounding off with two muffled PAFFs as plasma was wont to do. The scarlet, searing hot rounds tore through the weak rag-tag gate like hot-tipped darts thrown through wrapping paper, with the first shot blasting the lower hinge to pieces and the second decimating the upper hinge and sending the gate toppling inwards. It bounced and rolled on its sides before falling flat a few metres from the fence it was just attached to.

Flank glared angrily at the fence before turning to Sciris. "Good idea."

"Problem solved, then." Samantha remarked, with eyebrows raised. "Next fence we find has a sure-to-work solution."

Last edited by Potatrobot on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:11 pm

((EDIT: Damn! Got ninja'd to it. :P))

Knightmare cursed at Samantha in an almost humorous manner with a dead language. Instead of going through the hole; she teleported behind the fence and waited for the rest of the Rangers.

"...and you guys call me impatient. I wouldn't be too surprised if we all have laser-pointers on our heads." Knightmare said as she made a disappointed hand gesture.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:09 am

"Right then," Dagon said, "The beacon can't be far now. Spread out and start looking for— dogs!"

A pair of large, black, slavering shapes darted out of the darkness from the other side of the fence. Askabe hounds: Big, powerful animals with far too many teeth and far too great a penchant for sinking them into any creature unfortunate enough to invade their territory. Today, this meant Knightmare.

The first lunged directly at her, jaws snapping out at her legs. The other had not yet made it within leaping range.

((Hit: 32, Damage: 21))

((Guide to penalties for shooting into close combat: -30 mitigation for shooting at two people fighting in melee, or -20 if one is completely still. -10 if you are also in melee range.))

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:48 am

"Deka te a duomo!" Knightmare cursed as she saw the dogs leap up toward her. Knightmare didn't have enough reaction time to teleport away; she used her immense speed to quickly form her Teronium Blade and grazed it upon the creatures sharp teeth as the sound of metal and bone screeched.

With Knightmare's strafe advantage, she attempted a graceful slicing motion with her blade.

Stats:

Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Hadron hid behind the fence, watching the fight closely. He really didn't want to get involved, but nevertheless he had his shock blade deployed and was ready to spring into action if anybody was in trouble. If not, he was more than happy to just stay behind.
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:53 pm

((Hope I'm doing this right...)

Sciris whipped his twin VDRs out from their holsters, training them at the further threat, leaving Knightmare to deal with the other. His optical piece swiveled, determining its vulnerabilities, scanning for probable movement paths.

The calm squeeze of a trigger sent a disintegration bolt hurtling towards the dog's eye socket.

Statistics:

Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Flank and Samantha hung back from the fight, sharing a quick comment about Knightmare calling Flank out on impatience after teleporting through an open gate. Two dogs did not warrant an almost-sniper rifle and a FlaK cannon, especially at this sort of range. If the plan was to have Knightmare blown up in the process, then it may have been debatable.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC   Today at 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers: The Swires Affair IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2