» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

» Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Sentain IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:38 am

She listened to everything Krista said without missing a word, but almost lost track when she offered her protection to her project. Upon hearing her asking if her proposition was agreeable, Seren smiled ear-to-ear. She stood from her chair and placed her hands, along with their restraints, onto the table and looked at Krista again. This time, however, she looked at Krista with intent.

"Tell you what, Krista. I don't want this project to move from Domain 2, but if you're absolutely sure it will be protected... I can think about it. In fact, you can start helping me right now."

She eyed the door next, glaring at it as if it was in her way. She was worried, sure, but this nurse seemed to truly care about her project, and regardless if it's it's good acting skills or if they were genuine, at the moment, Krista was probably her biggest threat. Her curiosity combined with what Seren had already let slip through to her could be extremely dangerous if she relayed them to a superior, which she most likely would. She had to make sure she was one hundred percent on her side, and that meant doing some rash things...

Perhaps she could start testing Krista's flexibility with a small request...

"Go get me that data core, and I'll give you the location of one of their starship hangars. The owners of one of them in particular poses a lot of immediate threat to me right now. The cocky thugs threatened to ram their Battleship directly into my work a few days ago. Jumped up scumbags is what they are. The thing is, they're not even part of the Regnant forces, they're a private force. Mercenaries, if you will. If you guys intend to 'visit' someplace, I want one of the first to be a visit to their hangar. And if this actually ends up leading to a full-on raid on it, I don't want the hangar to be captured or occupied by the Sentain Angels in any way, shape or form. No... I want that miserable excuse of a private force wiped off the map. I want it to be completely destroyed. I want to send a bit of a message, yeah? That those large battleships ought to be pointed at the right directions, you know? They're almost irreplaceable, and if their priceless tools all of a sudden just crumbled to ashes, maybe they'll think long... and har-... uh..."  

She caught herself. maybe she'd rambled too much about it. She sat herself back to her chair slowly to calm her nerve and prevent her from firing up again.

"So, uh... yeah, do- uh, yeah. Let's do that."

-------

Aulair came in through the door shortly after the breifing with Staine. He came right out of nowhere, maybe he flew in during the actual briefing and waited for the two Seers to be finished first. He addressed the three of them.

"Cosmac, Malus, Aodha, glad to see you're all here, but where's Krista? Did she show up earlier or-" Cosmac interupted him.

"Ah, she's in with that Captain, but it sounds like to me they're just chatting it up in there. I haven't heard any yelling from either of them."

"Well, to each their own, I guess, but here's the deal, you guys gotta come a little earlier than when we schedule next time. Sometimes the messengers come early, and if they do, we don't want to wait on you to start our mission up."

"Says a guy who missed the briefing." Cosmac smirked.

"Says a guy who didn't even listen to the briefing. I already got the details from Staine yesterday, the recording just told you that. Anyway guys, meet Aodha, he's going to tag along today when we raid one of the Regnant compounds. He's an Akaban hunter, so I don't know how he'll do with the whole zero-gravity thing, but he's going to be a good help."

"What about Sycal, though, has she not recovered from last night's raid? I dropped her off at the medical district, and they said she'd make it here!" Cosmac exclaimed, confusion filled his face.

"I haven't heard anything from her either, so I guess she's going to sit this one out, unless she's already waken up and Staine told her about the meet-up. Who knows, we might run into her at the Domain gate before we leave, we might not. It's as simple as that. Anyway, I've got something here for you guys that I want you to see."

He reached behind his back to pull out a small case the size of a shoebox. Upon opening it, a glow beamed from it, revealing the contents to be a set of Daltai'aegian Halo casings. These were very rare in Paradisia, usually these types of cases were saved for higher ranked angels, and not a group of new soldiers.

"Take them and put them on, it's amazing what these can do." He urged.

---
COMBAT UPDATE 01:
---

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:03 pm

Krista sat back in her chair as Seren towered over her, her intense gaze and wide smile not doing much in the way of helping her seem well adjusted and under control. Again, Krista hid her reaction behind a blank facade.

Behind it, Krista listened intently to Seren's story, and later her terms: if she allowed Seren to show her where these mercenaries stowed their battleships, and if Sentain forces subsequently destroyed those ships, Seren would return to Sentain with her project.

It seemed reasonable, yet Krista was worried about Seren's interest in keeping the battleships 'pointed in the right directions'; no doubt Sentain forces would be on the bad end of the arrangement.

Only after Seren seemed to calm down and retake her seat did Krista push her chair out, pick up her book and stand up. She fixed Seren with a  pleasant smile.

"Very vell, zen. I vill be back shortly. Thank you for your time, Seren."
She turned to leave, but before she reached the door, she turned back to the captive Paladin.
"I hope you think carefully about returning to Sentain." She said. "I vould like to see you again, out of zose bonds."

She turned and left the room, closing the door behind her. She walked briskly down the hall upon seeing that Aulair had returned. She stopped just short of him and stood at attention.

"I have managed to vin Seren's cooperation. However I reqvire zat data core."

Last edited by Potatrobot on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Malus wasn't really following the conversation, something about Aodha really rubbed him the wrong way. He needed an excuse to pull himself away from this scenario, otherwise something really unexplainably bad could suddenly come into fruition. Something like a sudden familiar, gemstone-fuelled bloodlust...

"I haven't heard anything from her either, so I guess she's going to sit this one out, unless she's already waken up and Staine told her about the meet-up. Who knows, we might run into her at the Domain gate before we leave, we might not. It's as simple as that."

Aulair's words suddenly sparked Malus to life. "DOMAIN GATE, YES, I SHALL GO THERE EARLY AND SEE IF SHE'S THERE!" Malus exclaimed with an unnatural clarity in his voice. He quickly shoved off from his spot and left the building before anyone could object to his absence. He knew he probably should've been more formal about it, but he just really needed an excuse to get out of there. He quickly straightened up his armor, and took flight for the gate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:27 pm

"DOMAIN GATE, YES, I SHALL GO THERE EARLY AND SEE IF SHE'S THERE!"

The Fanatic of the group sped off into the sky as Aulair simply stood and watched, as if his eyes and ears were completely disconnected from the world to focus on the speeding, airborne goatman as he simply flew farther and farther away, until the dot of what could be noticed as an angel vanished behind a distant tower. When brought to his senses by Cosmac tapping on his shoulder armor, he simply replied,

"Well, he seems pretty nervous today."

That's when Krista came through the door, explaining her successful interrogation. As Aulair listened to her, Cosmac casually walked up to her and started to talk to her, before getting abruptly cut off by Aulair.

"So you got her to talk, huh? Good. We're probably going to pi'ss off the Seers trying to decode the data core, but whatever. They can find another one on their own time. Cosmac, you mind running to get the core for us?"

Cosmac nodded and headed off to the adjacent library, whilst Aulair turned toward Krista and handed her one of the halo attachments in the case.

"You were a nurse before your saintification, yes? I'm assuming you used your anatomical knowledge to help 'nudge' her the right way but, uh, I don't see any blood. If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up convincing her to cooperate? Me and Aodha there were there all night and we haven't got anything from her other than threats and boasting. Well, mostly threats involving those large battleships." Aulair asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:11 am

Krista would have raised an inquisitive eyebrow if Aulair was not her superior; it may have seemed disrespectful. She simply accepted the halo casing from him before answering him.

"I didn't need to touch her." She corrected. "I simply made her comfortable, asked her her name, and zen I found out vhat she vanted, and vhat she vould do in exchange for it.

"Speaking of battleships, Seren has made qvite ze demand. She vishes to show me ze location of a hangar belonging to a mercenary force allied viz ze Hellspawn. Zese mercenaries are a threat to ze Regnant project she left Sentain to help develop. She asked zat ve destroy ze mercenaries and zeir hangar, and in return, I offered to relocate zis project to Sentain, out of Regnant hands."

Krista sighed despondently. "I don't know if zis project of hers vill be looked upon favourably in Sentain, but she vants nothing more zan to keep it safe. If she is allowed to carry out her project as a citizen of Sentain, ve may vell vin her total cooperation. She vould make a formidable ally."

Last edited by Potatrobot on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 4
Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:57 am

Aodha practically pounced on the box of Daltai'aegian Halo casings Aulair procured. "I have lost count on how many times I could have used one of these bloody things back in the Akaban territories!" He said whilst applying the casing to his halo. He jumped slightly at the sudden outburst from Malus.

"DOMAIN GATE, YES, I SHALL GO THERE EARLY AND SEE IF SHE'S THERE!"

Aodha raised an eyebrow behind his helmet at the sight of the rapidly exiting goat-man. "What in all the hells is wrong with him?" Aodha stated in a somewhat-irritated tone at Malus' strange actions. Aodha turned around as he saw Krista approach. He smirked beneath his helmet at Aulair's words on how long they were up tring to get information out of the traitor. "In my defense, I was only really brought along to look big and scary." His humor quickly faded as Krista relayed what she had learned. "I'm not going to get in the way if Aulair decides to trust her word, but I don't trust her even a bit." He said before give a harsh chuckle. "But then again, my common sense may be slightly impaired after taking too many hard blows to the, well, everything."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:38 am

Aulair shrugged. "Well, I guess we've been using the wrong tactics the whole time. Good on you, Krista. Oh, and uh- regarding the traitor, I remember her mentioning something about that project you mentioned, something about a revival device, right? I didn't get the full details on it, and I'm sure she wants it safe, but..." He sighed and lowered his voice slightly. "If something like that is out there in Regnant territory, it's going to be a high-priority target for the whole damn army. I'm not exaggerating here, it's not just going to be targeted by a couple Saintly regiments, I'm talking the entire damn army, and knowing Aegius, when he finds out about them reverse-engineering our tech, he'll Blitzkrieg the entire domain and commit genocide on the Regnants. Now, if it sounds like I'm defending those things, I am. They provide good practice for new soldiers like you guys, if it weren't for them, your first mission probably would have been to serve as Akaban-bait, and I don't want that for you guys. You aren't expendable. Operating those Saintification devices is too strenuous on a job to be wasted on-" He glimpsed Cosmac landing in front of the building. "We'll talk about this later, but we have to do something about this project. I don't think simply moving it into our territory is going to cut it for the higher-ups."

Upon Aodha remarking about his common sense afterwards, he chuckled. "I think putting it at 'too many' doesn't do it justice. You've been fighting those sky-worms longer than anyone I know. Usually you guys retire after around a month of hunting, but you... Jeez, I can't imagine how you can continue to fight those things. They're just too damn unpleasant to fight compared to the other Hellspawn."

Cosmac came in carrying a somewhat large, box shaped panel slung over his shoulder. This must be the data core "Well you were right about the pi'ssed off Seers, that's for sure." He took the core off of his shoulder, as the weight of it slightly tilted his's stature. "I'm guessing you want this in the captive's room?" Aulair nodded and opened the interrogation room's door for him. Once he managed to fit the core inside, Aulair closed the door behind him and motioned Krista and Aodha to follow him out of the building, and outside into the warm air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:59 am

Krista had to agree with Aulair's concerns about Seren's project; his word choice helped her visualise how ferociously angelic forces would swarm into Regnant territory to secure the revival technology.

She followed Aulair outside with her halo casing still in her hand.
"Zere must be some vay to secure her project vizout annihilating ze Regnants." She whispered, matching Aulair's volume. “Even if..." she paused, horrified by what she was thinking of doing.
“Even if ve have to secure it ourselves, vizout ze higher-ups knowing."

Krista couldn't believe she had suggested what may well be treason. What difference was there between her and Seren if she went against the will of her superiors? What even urged her to consider the idea at all? Regardless, what was said was said, and she owed it to Aulair to complete her thought.

"Ve are ze only ones who know about Seren's project." She went on. “If ve grant her reqvest and secure her project vizout alerting Aegius, ve can take it from Regnant hands vhile keeping zem as a valuable asset."

Last edited by Potatrobot on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Suddenly, a set of doors swung open revealing a bleary-eyed, slouching Sycal. She was busy munching away at a small cereal bar and scratching herself very dozily.

"Hey..." she said as she shuffled towards Krista.
"I think that goat fellow is looking for someone... Oh, sorry. Where you two being all secretive just there? I didn't mean to interrupt anything."

She continued "Anyway, Stain told me you lot would be busying yourselves in this place, so I thought I'd drop by before I got lunch."
Her eyes kept wondering around the room, struggling to keep a focus on anything.

"Anyway, the medical staff said I should be fit for combat again; I've already done a couple of exercises in the training centre, so really I can get cracking whenever."

"But you'll probably want to fill me in on the way so I don't up shooting at the wrong people."
She then turned around and left for some fresh air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:32 am

Aulair shrugged. He seemed stuck on the situation. "I don't know, Krista. This whole thing seems risky, but if this will get her cooperation, I can bend this a certain way if this ends up on the Sentain radar. I am the Tride, after all."

Aulair turned toward to face Sycal, surprised at how fast she'd recovered. "Huh, I don't even see any burn marks, the medical ward did a good job. Welcome back, Sycal." He patted her shoulder and motioned the group to follow him in flight.

In the air, he passed by a couple residential areas before coming across an area where there were numerous Sentain guards overlooking one of the houses. The house was made of some kind of stucco-like material, with large, open windows. The front door wide open, and there seemed to be a large amount of Saintlies gathering around it. Malus's hut was around 20 houses down within the same area, so Malus would most likely have seen this when he flew toward the Domain Gate.

--------------

As Malus reached the Gate, he found that the gates's trafficking lines were almost empty, only a few guards patrolled the airspace surrounding the gate, and there were only a couple other angels aiming to go through; one Saintly, one Sentain. The Sentain angel was female, and was garbed in a light armor design, with scaled armor covering the essentials and cloth covering the rest. The Saintly, on the other hand, was dressed in something peculiar;  Malus could barely make out what he was wearing before he passed behind a wall, but he did notice his oddly shaped mask. He almost looked like a raven with the wings and the mask combined. But unlike the Saintly, the Sentain angel approached Malus,

"Excuse me, sir..." She hesitated on the 'sir', probably due to his appearance."but are you one of Ceybie's troops? I wish to provide her platoon with an order from Staine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:49 am

Malus stared at the wall the Saintly dissapeared behind for a while as the Sentain approached him. What was with the sudden trend of beastlike armor? First Red McTallguy back at the interrogation office, and now this weirdo. At least this new guy didn't look like he was going to attempt to bite Malus' head off given the chance. His thoughts began to trail off. Maybe if he tried crafting some armor like that, he could disguise his offputting form. He could hide from those investigating the murders, there's probably a whole bunch of those he has to look out for now. Though, more importantly, people might stop seeing him as an outcast...
Pay attention, twat.
Malus quickly glanced back to see a woman angel approach him. She didn't look like Sycal, why would she bother talking to him? Oh god. Maybe she knows something? Was she one of the ones hanging outside that goddamn house he saw earlier? Oh god oh god oh god oh god-

"Are you one of Ceybie's troops? I wish to provide her platoon with an order from Staine."

Malus gave a quick sigh of relief, but was then met with confusion. Who on Paradisia was Ceybie? Was she a new squad leader? Malus hadn't heard of any new platoons. Perhaps they've been sent on the same mission as his squad?
"...baaa-Uh, no. But I'm waiting on m'own squad to get here for a task, maybe I could pass'm a message?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:59 am

The angel nodded and flipped open some kind of notepad. After reading it, she eyed Malus, back at the sheet, then back at him, mumbling to herself a list of names as she read. Out of the numerous names he heard, Malus could faintly make out Aodha and Cosmac. When she finished, she closed it and pulled out a pen.

"Sir, I'd like you to state your name for me please, the gate's use today is reserved to soldiers involved with the Tride's operation."

-----

Aulair, Krista and Aodha continued on their flight, seeing almost no angels around their flight path, except for one, a yellow-clothed Saintly who flew up to the group, shouting Aulair's name.

"Aulair! Are you sure there isn't an opening for your squad? I'm dying for work, man!"

Aulair responded.
"Not now, Seraph, we're late for our operation, ask me later, okay?" With that, the Angel departed. Aulair laughed and turned to Aodha. "You see, this is why I picked you as our backup. At the time, I bet you had no clue who I was until you met me in person, but that guy... He dresses like me, acts like me, fights like me, hell, he's almost got the same armor design as me. That 'fame through flattery' gig isn't getting him anywhere, I wouldn't let that guy anywhere close to this squad."

On the flight, the squad flew past one of the larger academies in Paradisa,  which housed a couple Seer bases, and a 50 foot statue of the old Grand General, Serpas. A banner on the front entrance said: "New courses available to Wraiths! Apply soon!"

The group was getting close to the Gate now, and were able to see Malus and the female Sentry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:38 am

Krista was relieved that her suggestion wasn't met with reprimand or punishment; it began to occur to her that Aulair may be more of a trustworthy companion than an authoritative figure than she once thought. As she flew alongside him she felt her grip on her book dwindle, as she was only carrying it with one hand; the other held the halo casing. She lifted the metal ring up to her halo and felt it tug away at her grip. Like with the Gear she had received earlier she let it go and allowed it to do its work, fitting around her halo and encasing it.

While Aulair was addressed by a similar angel in yellow garb, Krista pondered to herself where they were actually going. It occurred to her that they may have been briefed in her absence. She waited until Aulair sent away the angel before addressing him.

"Aulair, vhat is our mission? Are ve to find ze mercenaries Seren vishes us to destroy?"

While she waited for his answer, a piece of Paradisa's architecture caught her eye, namely a statue of monumental proportions. Gazing at it from top to bottom, hey eyes came to rest on a banner that hung above the entrance to the building it was a part of, advertising a new course for Wraiths. Krista quickly noted the location of the academy so she could find it later.

-----

"Mara!" Called out the Saintly behind the wall. "Enough of this waiting! Deliver me to Ceybie's platoon at once! Need I wait any longer?"

The Saintly emerged from behind the wall to receive the Sentain angel's reply, revealing his form, or at least whatever of it was even discernible under his clothes. In addition to his beaked mask, his body was hidden by a wide-rimmed hat, scarf, high-collared coat, loose trousers, and leather shoes and gloves, mostly black or, in some cases, dark brown. Not even his eyes were visible through the glass fittings on his mask. Only his wings were visible, and the Saintly flapped them clumsily to stay in the air. Every now and again, a small, black feather would fall from them and drift away. As he approached Mara, he seemed to spot Malus just beside her.

"Oh, but who do we have here?!" He cried out before lunging at Malus. In an instant, he was taking a very hands-on approach to examining him, quickly pushing his snout this way and that to get a good look at his head, feeling the texture of his horns, and trying to push back his eyelids and stare into his eyes.
"What is your name? Where do you hail from? No, when?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Malus listened intently to the angel's prattling, although he was only really able to make out the names of the angels he was with prior to arriving at the gate. Upon being asked for his name, he decided to comply. Who knows, maybe she'd make a decent alibi.

"I'm Malus, I've worked with some of em'saints you mentio-OH BLOODY HELL"

To say that Malus was startled by the spontaneous eagerness of the bird-like one would be a vast understatement. He probably would've taken off in that moment if he didn't look back to see that the sudden attention came from the angel he saw previously and not, say, someone he saw investigating the house earlier. Instead, he struggled throughout his unplanned examination, attempting to pull himself from the angel's grip. He was used to people giving him closer looks than he'd like, but no one was ever this touchy-feely. Upon his snout being released, he immediately spoke his mind.

"I'm Malus, an'I come from a place where folks ask before they grab folks!" Malus bleated, still attempting to shake away the angel's grasp. As he broke away, he quickly flapped his wings hard enough to dart backwards, just out of the birdman's reach. He turned midair to face him, where he could finally get a decent look at him. His appearance was certainly bizarre for an angel, he was covered from head to toe in delicate clothing, and his wings were black and mangy, almost as if his feathers would all moult at once if the wind picked up. Not to mention his inexplicable animalistic appearance. This was really starting to get to him. What is up with all these saintlies dressing this way? Is his own deformity suddenly becoming fashionable? Malus decided he'd pursue an explanation for that later, instead choosing to ask the most important question currently on his mind.

"Well, who d'you think you are?!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:28 pm

"Do not be afraid, man-goat!" The Saintly exclaimed in a booming, articulate voice. "I wish only for a closer look! Do hold sti- A-ha!"

The Saintly spotted one of Malus's hairs stuck to his glove. He carefully picked it off with his other hand, procured a small pouch from his pocket, and stowed it away inside before returning the pouch.

"I am Nathaniell!" He proclaimed, reaching behind his back. "You need not worry for your safety, Ma-lus, for I am a legitimate practitioner of medicine!"
He pulled out a black wooden cane from behind his back and held it with both hands.

"Do hold still a moment!" With that, he began to approach Malus once again, holding the cane outwards. Given how awkwardly he flew, it took a few perilous flaps before he gained any forward momentum. Once he did, he seemed to be aiming for Malus's legs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Malus just stared in disbelief as Nathaniell pocketed a tiny fragment of his pelt. What exactly he was planning on doing with it was something he didn't really want to know.

As the other Saintly raised his cane and began to take flight towards, Malus was tempted to just get as far away from this guy as possible, but watching him struggle to take off warranted a feeling of pity from the goatman. Instead, he slowly began to back up, raising his legs in defence. He didn't even remotley understand what was happening as this very moment, but if this birdman tried sticking that rod anywhere unpleasent, Malus was prepared to give him a face full of goat-hoof.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:20 pm

As Nathaniell gradually came closer to Malus, he placed his cane alongside his leg and used it to measure his thigh, before moving it to the other segments of his leg. Once he was done, he moved up to his back, and then his arms, before finally attempting to measure his still-beating wings, although failing. All the while, he muttered to himself, indiscernible under his mask, occasionally making some kind of remark that could be heard beyond the beak-nosed facade.

"Hmmm, yes... Ah, interesting! Hmmm? Hmmm..." He seemed to finish up rather harmlessly, and moved back towards Mara, losing several feathers in the process.

"Do tell me, Malus, what year did last you see on Earth? Of who's platoon are you now a constituent?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 4
Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:57 am

Aodha listened intently to the conversation between Krista and Aulair, circulating the possibilities in his mind. "A revival device would be priceless," he thought "The devastation of an Akaban attack, the deaths that occur on the Eternal Battlefield. All of that could just be ignored. He nodded in agreement to Aulair's statement on the project. He was mostly silent for the flight, only making a surprised grunt at the sight of the ruined house.

Aodha's serious demeanor quickly faded after what he saw a little later. There was an angel that was almost a complete copy of Aulair. "Well someone has a fan." he said as Aulair turned his doppelganger away. He chuckled in response to Aulair's explanation. "I can see why," he began "if I didn't know better I'd think he be one of those people who would learn why there's the term 'like poking a dead snake' firsthand."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:18 pm

Malus simply continued to hover, dumbfounded by Nathaniell's enthusiasm for research. He'd never met someone who took such an interest in his corporal form. At least he seemed friendly? This birdman did seem genuinley interested in him, unlike those who meant to mock him through meaningless conversation. Malus was about to answer Nathaniell, but his question upon the year of his initial demise suddenly provoked a sharp moment of realisation in his mind.

He didn't know.
He glanced around awkwardly, scouring his mind for an answer. Why wasn't he aware of this information? Has it been so long that he's forgotten? Did he even know in the first place? He wasn't exactly the best time-keeper back then...
I'm not surprised you don't remember. Perhaps I could be of assistance.
"4th century BC." he abruptly replied with a sudden muted expression. His expression returned after a moment, and he seemed somewhat bewildered by his own actions. At least he got an answer, somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:39 am

Upon hearing Krista asking what their mission was, Aulair hovered near Krista so he could talk to her.

"Well, the main point of this mission is training, but we also plan on knocking Regnant borders away from the center of the Domain 2's galaxy. They're getting a bit ambitious, so we have to knock them down. Every hit on their borders count, but the deeper we can hit them, the better; they'll pull their forces from the border to wherever we hit them, and that will leave their borders less defended as a result." He replied.  "As for the mercenaries you mentioned, it's not ideal that we hit one of their bases, but it'll definitely pull some attention toward us, and that's really all we need to do. It'd help if we can capture one of their stations for our own use, it'd make for one hell of a distraction if we can hold the base we hit."

The group had finally reached the gate, and had just begun to land on a platform adjacent to Mara, Nathaniell, and Malus

----------
Mara, the Sentain Sentry, could only watch Nathaniell and Malus wrestle midair. She found some amusement in the matter. Her colleague had seemed to find his polar opposite. She noticed a group of angels landing on a platform adjacent to hers, and recognized Aulair's helmet.

"Hey! Nathaniell? The Tride's squad just arrived, we're good to go now." She jumped toward Aulair's group with the assistance of her wings, saluting Aulair before conversing with him. "Sentry Mara, 7th Regiment reporting in, Tride. I have a message for your associate, Lieutenant Ceybie."

"Uh, Mara, skip the formalities, please. I'm just a lieutenant, not a General. Go on."

She raised her eyebrows in confusion, but decided to comply. "Yes, sir. Well... We just got word that two Sainties, Paladin Burgeon and Officer Vulkous, have gone missing from Ceybie's platoon, and I'm wondering if that will interfere with the mission."

"Damn, Vulkous is gone? Well, that'll sting her 2nd platoon, but we'll figure out something out, she's had Officers disappear like this before. Who's squad is Burgeon missing from, Oprent's?"

"No, he's from Triar's squad." she shook her head as Aulair sighed. He eyed Malus, who had just wrestled free from the Seer's examination. As strange of a sight the scene was, he seemed to recognize this behavior from the Seer.

"Uh, Mara, who's that over there with my Fanatic? I think I recognize him from our last meeting with Ceybie."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Krista nodded sombrely as Aulair described the aim of their mission to her.
"I understand." She replied. "Of course Seren's reqvest can vait, it's not like her circumstances vill change in a day."

Her resolve then strengthened and she piped up a bit more.

"But I must stress ze importance of retrieving her project from ze Regnants. She vill make a useful ally, once she has vhat she vants, so ve must achieve zat before she changes her mind."

She dipped her head and looked slightly away from Aulair.
"I admit I may have bargained more zan ve vere prepared to offer, and zat zis vill involve more zan just myself. I apologise. It... vas my first time, after all."

She cracked a wry smile, looking back at Aulair.

-----

Nathaniell put a hand to his chin at Malus's reply and looked down.
"Hmm," he muttered to himself, "much too old..." He hadn't seemed to have noticed Malus's change in tone.

"Hey! Nathaniell?" Mara called out. Nathaniell spun around at the sound of his name with a hasty flurry of black feathers, a few of which falling off his wings in the process. "The Tride's squad just arrived, we're good to go now."

"At long last!" He exclaimed. "Now you will deliver me to Ceybie's-" He paused when he noticed that Mara had then proceeded to engage in conversation with Aulair.
"Argh! You persist yet still! Am I to see Ceybie's platoon before they embark on their voyage of destruction? I think not! Must I find it myself?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:49 am

"Argh! You persist yet still! Am I to see Ceybie's platoon before they embark on their voyage of destruction? I think not! Must I find it myself?"

Mara turned towards the Seer, giving him a dirty look and was about to talk before Aulair interrupted her.

"Yeah, Ceybie's been waiting long enough. All we're waiting on now is the coordinates that Cosmac, our associate, is getting. Knowing him, he's probably taking a leisurely flight here, which doesn't help, especially now that we're already here at the gate." He turned his head toward Sycal, who had somewhat lagged behind the group during the flight.

"Now, I hope you don't plan on dying on us out there to the same turrets that knocked you out of the fight last time. Be on your guard out there, and remember your training, Sycal, you've got a lot of potential, so I want to see you use it, ok?" He patted her on the back of her shoulder before turning to Nathaniell.

"So why are you two hanging around in front of the gate for? Did you just get lost on the way, or what?"

Mara cut in. "I was trying to get directions to our squad, but I just decided to wait for yours to give directions. Do you know where Ceybie has set up her forces? If it helps, we're from her 2nd squad.

Aulair sighed. "Yeah, you just so happen to belong to the squad that's missing an officer... Well, tell you what, since your officer has dissapeared, you guys can just take the day off, we'll take care of it just fine, unless you want to tag along with us and temporarily join up with our squad, of course."

Mara shook her head. "I appreciate the offer, sir, but I might as well just go back to my barracks if I can't get back to my squad." Cosmac was visible in the distance by now, flying towards the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 am

"Speak for your-!" Nathaniell started before he turned away and heaved up a hacking cough into his mask. It went on for several seconds before he finally recovered from it. He faced away from everybody gathered there and quickly lifted up his mask to spit out a glob of brown phlegm that joined his feathers in the eternal descent into Paradisa's infinite airspace. His collar, scarf and hat hid his head entirely, and he pulled his mask down over his face straight away before turning back to Mara.

"Speak for yourself." He wheezed, seemingly out of breath. "I wish to join the Tride's squad if it will take me to Ceybie's battle. You would do well to follow my example, Sentry; you may well find our squad once you arrive."

Krista rolled her eyes at Nathaniell's suggestion. The thought that she would be stuck in this sick-looking angel's company irked her greatly. Once she considered it, she realised that angels were rarely sick, at least not for long. With access to all sorts of medical sciences and magic, how could an angel fall ill and stay ill? One of her eyebrows furrowed while the other arched high, as she pondered what she might be able to do to cure him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:44 am

"That's good to hear. We could definitely use a Seer on the squad. Consider yourself in." Aulair responded.

Cosmac has landed with two pieces of paper in his hands. One was open, the other was folded shut, almost like an envelope.

"Wow, she actually cooperated with me when I asked her about the coordinates. Looks like she's slowly coming back on our side now." He chuckled as he handed Aulair the open piece of paper and pointed out the location, as well as the intel she had provided. Aulair began to laugh after reading it. "They have a Battleship hanger that close to the border? Seriously? Why hasn't anyone raided it yet?"

Cosmac shrugged and headed towards Malus. "So it looks like you came here for nothing. Sycal over here just showed up right after you left." He turned away towards the rest of the team to make sure they were unheard, then began talking again. "Listen, Malus, you've been acting very nervously today. You weren't like this when I first met you. Is everything okay on your end?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:24 am

Normally being told his efforts were useless would've ticked Malus right off, but Cosmac's questioning suddenly became much more taxing to him. He swallowed hard before replying. "I already told you, a baa-bunch of dudes died on m'house..." he whispered, his throat becoming dry as he spoke. "People are gunna wanna ask me stuff about it. I can't deal with this. I'm just a simple man..." he continued, the stress of the situation was starting to get to him.

"I guess I'll be alright after this'ere mission, though. Gotta get my mind off it". He then turned his attention back towards his team and sighed. He probably didn't even need to complete the mission to distract himself, the flight over there would probably give him enough to worry about already. If only he brought some goggles or something...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sentain IC   Today at 11:28 pm

Back to top Go down

Sentain IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next