GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
    [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
    No user

[Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC

Go down 
    5 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
    AuthorMessage

[Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Reformatted the character once more. Now, about that Stasis catalyst...

The Stasis catalyst does require concentration. Which is why I added the phrase "glitches out" in the description.The force field works by using the biochemical energy of the nanobots. The nanobots don't activate the field by a push of a button. They react by the users brain stimuli since they are basically integrated with the users nervous system and muscle tissue. Even though the nanobots are synthetic, it still counts as "psychic" ability from a different stand point. I hope that clarifies what you meant by concentration.
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Yep, that makes sense, now the only problem is that I'm getting 76.5 as your total points score — That's 26.5 for the main attributes, 27 for the teleport, force field and pseudo-attributes and 23 for weight and possessions. Wondering
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Really? Because the point total comes to 60 for me. Wondering 

(20+5)-10= 15 (main attribute balance)
    (20+5+2)-10= 17 (teleport, pseudo-stats and weight balance... forgot to erase the force field from main attributes; sorry for the confusion.)
    (10/2)+10+(16/2)+5= 28 (equipment balance)

15+17+28= 60

Not sure how you came up with 76.5, I purposely used dividable numbers to make the math easier. O_o

EDIT: Sorry, the equation comes to 65, not 60.
    EDITv2: Sorry, again... The point total comes to 60. The second equation was 17, not 22. >.>
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:31 pm

When I came up with 76.5 I did indeed add the forcefield twice — my revised total is 71.5.

I notice you haven't included your limited attributes in your main attribute balance, this comes to an extra (5+10+8)/2 = 11.5 points.

Incidentally, how does the vibroblade grant your character extra Inv? You can use the blade to take damage for you, but it has separate health points as covered in the Health and Healing section of the OP — gaining Inv on your character when using the blade implies it creates some sort of extra forcefield around you when you are holding it. Wondering

Added to Combat section: During combat, the actions you describe your character enacting in each post shouldn't take more than about 6 seconds. This doesn't mean you can't do things which take more than six seconds, but you will have to give your opponents time to react if you do.

Mitigations: Dodging now only mitigates any other actions you take in the same post if you are dodging an enemy or enemies who you are not also attacking.
    Purple spice
    Purple spice
    Naboo9

Upvotes: : 4
    Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:02 am

Delta wrote:
    Functionally this would likely mean setting this game in an alternate continuity, and starting after we got off of Ariid, at least.
    This is a good thing considering that I've completely redesigned Nab (and the rest of the Nardradis) appearance wise. Nab has also been renamed as well.

Speaking of which his (WIP) character sheet has been added to my post. Enjoy the unfinished wall-o-test bio that's going to explain almost all of The Grox War's plot.
    Back to top Go down
    http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice
    Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Naboo9 wrote:
    This is a good thing considering that I've completely redesigned Nab (and the rest of the Nardradis) appearance wise.

Not a bad move, since it's always a good idea to redo a creature or outfit as you get more experienced with Spore. Might I ask, however, that you zoom in more before taking the screenshot? Even by enlarging the image I'm having a hard time seeing the details of either of your creations.
    Back to top Go down
    Naboo9
    Purple spice
    Purple spice
    Naboo9

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Potatrobot wrote:
    Even by enlarging the image I'm having a hard time seeing the details of either of your creations.
    Duly noted.

EDIT: Primary stats added to Nab'desen
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:22 am

I'll start putting together material for the IC while you finalise your sheet, Naboo. Drop me a line on Steam if you want any help. Happy.
    Back to top Go down
    Naboo9
    Purple spice
    Purple spice
    Naboo9

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 4:36 am

Alrighty that will be done.

One question though, how many points are left on Jrakel now that I added the reduction?
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 am

Changed the appearance of my character. Went with something more realistic and suitable to my character...

[Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 356-456-390068

Also thought of using this. Thoughts?

[Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 456-456-237157
    Back to top Go down
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice
    Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 am

The first picture is substantially more awesome than the original image you used, and makes a lot more sense in the context of the RP's setting. I can get a bit of an insight as to how you imagine your character to look simply by observing the two pictures, which can be summed up as 'sleek, dark, hyper-advanced, full body knight armour'.

The second image in your post, the one that looks more like a crispy version of the Pale Man (look it up) than any suit of armour, doesn't at all help convey the image of the aforementioned knight armour. It does give an indication as to what you might want the shape of the helmet to be, but that isn't really necessary.
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:42 pm

@Naboo: Needing to regain his balance after switching between running and fighting with his lower set of arms would only be a 10 if it took more in the region of 24 hours to do. For 2.5 points, you can have it such that you're at a -20 mitigation for any other actions taken in the same turn as making the switch, rather than the -10 you would be at otherwise. That would balance your total out at 60 points. Happy.
    Back to top Go down
    3D
    Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Not trying to rush anyone, but is there an estimate as to when the IC will be ready?
    Back to top Go down
    https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:42 pm

I don't have an exact estimate just yet, but I shall endeavor not to leave y'all hanging for too long. The main conceptual issue is deciding on a balance between testing the system, keeping things relatively brief and making it feel like an actual RP with a story and space for character interactions. Ideally I want it to be fun, but at the same time I know it'll run for way longer than I want it to if I'm not careful. >_< I had wanted to go from somewhere relatively close to where we left off, but I may have to throw out my notes and do something from scratch to meet my own requirements.
    Back to top Go down
    Gelatino95
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice
    Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:02 am

I can see you're putting a lot of thought into this. Take your time, I don't mind waiting.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:23 am

Fortunately that may not actually be necessary — writing that last post helped me get over the first hurdle and now I'm well on my way. I've put together a plotline, so making balanced character sheets for all the NPCs is my current task. In-keeping with the theme of experimentation, I fully expect to have to alter some things on the fly once the system is actually put into play — the combat mechanics and health system, particularly the latter, were original rather than lifted from the system linked in the OP so the numbers are unlikely to be completely suitable.

I might even put an IC up soon and give everyone time to introduce their characters before we proceed into the game proper, since the story is just about nailed down (I did salvage my notes, just not the parts I had planned on using originally...) and I've only got the gameplay design to go.

@Naboo: It'd be great if we could get your second character's points assigned soon.
    Back to top Go down
    Gelatino95
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice
    Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:37 am

Awesome

I just have a few things to clean up on my character, and then I'm good to go
    Back to top Go down
    Naboo9
    Purple spice
    Purple spice
    Naboo9

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Finally got the stats on Nab's sheet, unless I screwed up the math like I did with Jrakel.
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:02 am

I'm working on the IC right now — my plan is to start us off making our final approach to a new world with everyone aboard the Lacuna. If that's a problem for you, speak now or forever hold your peace. razz

Changelog:

Under Combat, Health and Awesome-points:

—Zero health points is no longer the point of death — instead it is the point at which your character falls unconscious. Death occurs at -20. I may well alter health values if characters start being horribly beaten when we test out the combat.

—Coup-de-grace: Attacking an enemy at point-blank range who is completely powerless to resist (unconscious (not sleeping!), completely paralysed, missing all of their limbs etc.) is an automatic hit — move straight on to adding up your damage score.

—Awesome-points must be spent in units of 10: So you can spend 10, 20 or 30 to buff any one score but not 7, 2, 29 etc.

—Specified that AP cannot be spent on pseudo-attributes.

—Awesome-points will return to max every (Earth) day, more or less (you can see why this might be complicated to figure out when we're running around alien worlds and space, but it should boil down to 'every time we do a decent-sized time-skip and/or get some rest). Maximum Awesome-Points is now 50.

—"Weapons come in a lot of different varieties, so how they are repaired is for you to roleplay — please try not to abuse this fact."
    Back to top Go down
    Naboo9
    Purple spice
    Purple spice
    Naboo9

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 am

I'd like to ask a question about one-hit-kills. How would those work? Like Nab concentrated to land a headshot or its equivalent on that species, or Jrakel lunging and pinning an enemy down to tear it apart?
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:23 am

You could do either of those things, but they would only be one-hit-kills if the amount of damage dealt by the attack put the target beyond its point of death — enemies will have stats just like player-characters, though I won't disclose them directly.

EDIT: Launching IC thread!
    Back to top Go down
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice
    Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 6:29 pm

You can write inner monologues in first person, 3D, as you have demonstrated, but the narration would preferably be done in third person. You were with us for the first NR, and you seemed to have that down pat.
    Back to top Go down
    Gelatino95
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice
    Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:38 am

A bit of context for Hadron: He has only joined NR very recently. Besides perhaps a few insignificant missions, this Swires thing is the first major thing he's participating in with the team (assuming something will go wrong during the mission, which is pretty much a given). In case it wasn't clear, he knows basically nothing about the Kingdom.

I hope his character isn't so cowardly as to be unrealistic; this is my first time RPing and I'm mainly just trying to emphasize some of his character traits before he sees any action.
    Back to top Go down
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice
    Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:04 am

Flank and Samantha joined up during the Rangers' last mission on Ariid, like how Flank joined up in the original NR, but a bit later.

They were working together for two years before they joined the Rangers.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:08 pm

I guess it couldn't hurt to also give some context about Knightmare...

She joined the Rangers pretty recently. She’s currently going under the final stages of her required energy recharge. Meaning that, she’s going to have to drain a large amount of bio-energy later in the RP.

I’ve already given a slight psychological profile in my original post. She tends to get pretty paranoid about unimportant stuff. The reason she’s always paranoid is because she believes anything is possible (like wearing an immortalized nanoarmor with living nanobots razz) meaning that she also has the capability to be an optimistic person.

She’s quite asocial at the same time. Living century after century, she doesn't have the pleasure to make any friends since they all die before her. This makes friendships and relationships irrelevant to her.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC   [Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Diceless-Based RP] NR: Swires OOC
    Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next