» Random & Crazy Pictures
    by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
    by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
    by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
    by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
    by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
    by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
    by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
    by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage

PostSubject: __________   Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:24 am

---------------------------------------

Black Fall, Pennslyvania

5:39 A.M.

---------

As Carmen Westavon -the technically kidnapped girl missing for months- sat in a dark room in her so called "Kidnapper's" Mansion. Carmen herself was a Canadian teen, tall and of average weight, with a long angular face, short black hair and bright green eyes. She wore a T-Shirt and jeans, and sneakers. . A comfortable room, she was given everything necessary for a average girl, she hasn't seen the rest of the mansion, or it's location, or how she even got there. It was all unfamiliar to her, yet she was fully familiar with her captor... to an extent. He was one of her dad's close friends, she never quite caught his name- his true name. When they interacted he demanded that she refers to him as Neron Corana, and he referred to her as "Angel". Disturbing. To her. All of this was the result of her "powers". Yes, power, the same things you'd hear coming from a X-Men comic. She had the ability to detect those with gifts to, it was extremely extensive as she feels the presences of every mutant on the planet, all million of them. The interesting part is that most of the mutant concentration is centered around Black Fall, while the rest of the mutants are spread out. She also had the ability to detect every aspect and detail of a mutation from close range...

...Which was exactly how Carmen got into this. Her captor -Neron- had an unspeakable power, so strange, while at the same time powerful. He could open portals to another dimension full of beasts . She detected his power and confronted him about it, without thinking it through she told him about her power. A day later while she was out her entire family disappears from their home without a trace. A week later Neron had approached her stating that if she helped him, he would rescue them. Suspicious, given his power. If he did have something to do with their disappearance, and given his power and looks he could have easily have sent them to another dimension or killed them himself- in short the best chance of seeing them again she needs to play along with his evil schemes for now. Then again; she wasn't the most intelligent type and didn't consider any other options. So, it technically wasn't kidnapping.

Neron was approaching, she could tell from his light footsteps against the creaking floorboards. He stopped at her door and unlocked her door (for security if she ever decides to leave while he was away). And slowly opened the door, and stepped through before Carmen looked at him, he was wearing that weird black cloak and hood that covered up mostly everything about him, she had seen him out of the cloak several times, which means one thing: he wants to go out to search for one of his mutants on his "list". That "evil scheme" involved looking for two mutants: One with immortality, and another who can manipulate powers. A combination like that won't end well, she had no idea what he was planning once he located them... the thought made Carmen cringe. As long as it didn't affect her life then it'd be fine...

"Are you ready?" Neron spoke, affirmitive and the obvious amount of age in his voice.

"W-what are we going to do tonight...?"

"....The usual..."

----------------------------------------

What in satan's name was that?

Okay, welcome to Days of the Old/New Gods. In case you haven't figured it out already; this RP is about mutants/meta-humans or how "some" of my characters will label them "Gods". This RP will take inspirations from super hero works such as Heroes, and Misfits (It's NSFW). Meaning normal people will randomly get super powers, and how they'll use them. So, this RP will mostly be sand box, set entirely in the town of Black Fall, PA. Not a sprawling Metropolis, or anything. Just a town, no subways, no sky scrapers, nothing you'd see in a city.

Mutants haven't been revealed to the world yet so most people will be openly dismissive of such a idea unless they see someone turn into a toad, or something. So yeah, the point of the RP is basically keep your mutant identity a secret in the eyes of the public, while facing many enemies such as Neron above and persuing your own goals of course. Because, if you don't... well let's just say that mutants have remained a secret for very good reasons.

That is all.

--------

Rules/Notes/Rambling

There are the usual rules: No Godmodding, power playing, etc. But, you should already know the rules along these lines so here are some notes..

(_.1 I have the full right to deny any sheet without question.

(_.2 There's going to be certain rules and restrictions on powers. Drawbacks aren't extremely necessary but encouraged, unless your power is something along the lines of Super Healing, or Teleportation. Because if there was a power-level thingy; all of the characters would in the same power area. Also, if I say you should change your power; you will change it.

(_.3 Now, here's a tricky one: I'm not going to approve of generic/gary sue powers such as Fire Manipluation or Super Speed. Why? Because I've seen it quite a bit and while they are useful powers, I want to see something at least different. Like, I'm going to make a character later that can control flammable liquids and by products of fire, while not controlling fire itself. So go crazy. Plastic manipluation? Go ahead. Your character can shoot blood out his eyes? No complaints from me. But, if you have any way to make the generic powers interesting. Go the CENSORED ahead.

(_.4 You are fully allowed to kill other characters, as long as the context is fair (such as a fight)

(_.5 Violence, Drug use and Alcoholism are allowed, as the rules of this forum state there will be no swearing nor sex. The latter will be strictly enforced. As for the former... since CENSORED replaces the swears my dirty mind can easily fill in the blanks.

(_.6 I am exempt from all these rules.

(_.7 There is a four character limit. Some people (like myself) will be exempt from this if the RP lasts long enough.

(_.8 Keep things reasonable. This is a RP about random adults/teenagers getting super powers. So, I only want partially average teens/adults. Not super assassins or killing machines. None of that BS. Also, keep things realistic. If your character goes out and do things that will get your character killed then kiss him/her goodbye.

(_.9 If you have any plot ideas Pm me about it. I'll either give my input, shoot it down, or go with it.

(_.10 In the sheet you will cut the power section out and send it to me and me alone as you will be keeping your character's power a secret not only IC, but from your fellow RP'ers. Heavily consider thinking through your posts before posting them. You can however reveal bits and pieces of your character's power, or hint about it but for the love of god don't reveal your power unless the situation explicitly calls for it. This is all optional, though. You are not going to be forced to do this.

(_.11 Black Fall is a large Town, you could walk from one end of it to another in the span of few hours. It has a large port and several beaches along the coastline and even a carnival pier. You are also free to make up the town as you go along. As I'm too lazy to think of something.

(_.12 Literacy my good lads. I expect a paragraph of at least five sentences for every post. And understandable grammar/spelling. If I see one... one sentence post then somebody's going to get hit. Really, hard.

(_.13 Keep the mutant NPCs to a minimal. You can make any NPC you desire but if you want him/her to be a mutant PM me about it and I'll give my expert opinion. Of course this will be null if you plan on making this NPC a character.

(_.9001 I am free to do whatever I please. Deal with it.

That is all, here are the sheets.

REMEMBER: You don't have to be extremely detailed with making your sheet, but whatever floats your boat.

Quote :

Sheet:

Spoiler:

May the games begin.

Last edited by New Supplice on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Kitty
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: __________   Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:29 am

I had a good look at the OP and created a character which I feel fits perfectly with your specifications!
    (spoilered for length)
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Kitty on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: __________   Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:30 am

Character 1:

Character 2:

Character 3:

Something happened with the formatting that causes the text to make random line breaks, but I fixed it.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile

PostSubject: Re: __________   Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Um, do you guys know that we're playing as humans? And not monsters?
    Back to top Go down
    Kitty
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: __________   Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:56 am

What are you talking about? I put as much effort into my character as you put in the OP!
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: __________   Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:45 am

Well all I read was 'mutants' so suddenly they're just mutated humans?
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile

PostSubject: Re: __________   Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:55 am

Potatrobot wrote:
    Well all I read was 'mutants' so suddenly they're just mutated humans?

That's fine. Just that I got the feeling that you and kitty mistook this for a fantasy enviroment when it's a modern theme.

Or I'm just an idiot.
    Back to top Go down
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: __________   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:04 am

Why can't we have both?
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Kitty
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: __________   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:22 am

New Supplice wrote:
    Just that I got the feeling that you and kitty mistook this for a fantasy enviroment when it's a modern theme.

...it is? The OP didn't mention that fact at all either...
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: __________   Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:11 pm

I have other characters I could use, but they'll never measure up to what I've written here, Supplice.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile

PostSubject: Re: __________   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Kitty wrote:
    New Supplice wrote:
    Just that I got the feeling that you and kitty mistook this for a fantasy enviroment when it's a modern theme.

...it is? The OP didn't mention that fact at all either...

Well, lass. If it was a fantasy setting then I'd totally would have mentioned that.

Potatrobot wrote:
    I have other characters I could use, but they'll never measure up to what I've written here, Supplice.

You can have those characters if transforming into the "Thunderwolves" is apart of their power.

But you know what? I'm going to rewrite the OP so that it'll be clearer.
    Back to top Go down
    Kitty
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: __________   Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:50 am

Hey don't worry, I already editied the OP to make it easier for people to understand it!
    (I wrote it using what impression I got from the initial OP)
    Spoiler:

Isn't that better? :>
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: __________   Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:05 pm

New Supplice wrote:
    Potatrobot wrote:

You can have those characters if transforming into the "Thunderwolves" is apart of their power.

That's just out of the question. The Thunder Wolves are a race of creatures from a faraway land, not just some animal you could turn into. Did you even read their backstory?
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile

PostSubject: Re: __________   Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:42 am

Thank you.

You made me realize that this RP is certainly not for this forum. Perhaps I overestimated quite a few things.

Next time I'll make the OP a sentence long so you can understand it.
    Back to top Go down
    ReFrostE
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: __________   Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:24 am

I don't think someone understands some of the sense of humor goes on around here,

but Kitty, I think that was a little obnoxious.

EDIT: But I see the rules are kind of ridiculous

Last edited by FrostieBuniou on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
    Kitty
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: __________   Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:45 am

I guess it's time to stop joking around and just be blunt.

No, you still don't understand the problem here, Supp. The problem with your RP is that you give almost NO info about the setting or plot (aside from the fact that it takes place in a town at some point in time), the rules are ridiculous, and you permit yourself to break any of said rules for no reason. This is NOT how to run an engaging RP.

For starters, starting off with a long dialogue about a character we know nothing about will cause the reader to lose interest very quickly. How are we supposed to care about this character if we don't even know them? I don't care if that's how you planned on introducing the characters, this is a poor way to do it.

Secondly, a proper setting is very important in an RP if you want readers to have an idea reguarding their character interaction. Where is it set? What time does it take place in? What circumstances affect the area? The only information given is that it takes place in "Black Fall, Pensylvania". Cool, but that's all you reveal about the place aside from the fact that's it's a largeish town. So, is it populated? Is it a densely-packed area? It could be a post-apocalyptic wasteland for all we know. If it's set in modern times, then say it is in the OP. Don't bring it up later when you're complaining about the character submissions. We honestly had no way of knowing otherwise. For an example on how to set out a good setting, take a look at Terry's unfortunatley destined RP Sentain. See how in-depth he goes about explaining the time period, and all the little areas that the RP will take place in? I'm not asking for an explaination of that exact calibur, but please do give more than you did in this thread's OP.

Now, about your rules. Your restricitons on powers don't make much sense. Fire manipulation is outlawed, but plastic manipulation is fine? They may not be the same power, but their uses can equally be as devistating. Killing other characters suddenly can change a story very dramatically, and can easily be exploited. For instance, what if one of the characters just simply killed off the main antagonist that was put in charge of keeping the sotry going? you'd be stuck for story, wouldn't you? On top of that, there's nothing stopping readers from going on a surplus killing spree, which would easily remove most of the readers from the story in one post. That's not exactly a nice thing to happen in an RP. If you DO want to allow people's characters to be killed, have a system like the Tags & Frags introduced in KoNS, so that people can react to attacks maturely.

While we're on the subject of maturity, let's talk about the 10 - 20 age cap. From what I can gather from the OP, it's about mutants taking on the world with their newfound powers. I dunno about you, but I can't really see preteens and teenagers take up that task on their own, as they usually don't have that much independance (hell, even Scott Pilgrim in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World was about 23ish). if the age was raised to about 30ish, it would be a bit more believeable. (Plus, having such a small age group and then posting that "no sex will be tolerated" just seems problematic....)

Now for the final problem. Twice in the rules, you have stated that you are freely allowed to break all the rules for your own enjoyment. No, you aren't. Not only is it severely unfair to other people joining the RP, it just makes you sound like a smug she-woof, and no one will want to RP seriously with you (if you're unsure of this fact, consult the gag characters Tate and I submitted. They weren't accidental, I'm afraid.) As the thread owner, you are free to break some of the rules in order to advance the story, but don't make a habit of it.

Hopefully this'll help you create a better RP next time.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Terwynd
    Purple spice
    Purple spice

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: __________   Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:54 am

New Supplice wrote:
    Thank you.

You made me realize that this RP is certainly not for this forum. Perhaps I overestimated quite a few things.

Next time I'll make the OP a sentence long so you can understand it.

I'm guessing you don't, (or worse, can't) understand the sarcastic humor they're setting up here. We've already had a failed RP thread only a month ago, mainly due to people not interested in RPing on this forum for 3 very obvious reasons:

1: Everyone's posted like crazy on Nerrone's Rangers and are bored of RPing in general due to it. (3 threads long hawley bejeezus)

2: Look at the month right now; April. This is right smack dab in the middle of when school gets really, really hectic. I doubt anyone wants to bother with a RP at this time, maybe at summer when everyone's on break, but surely not now.

3: We are basically dead. there are literally only about 10 people who actively use the forum right now, due to both reason 2 and for many other reasons. I mean look at Hutch. He's got real life problems to attend to. And they're kinda big problems too considering he has the same cancer Edd Gould died from and the one Kitty0207 (not Kitty4President) has right now.

(also, your RP seems glaringly, almost blatently taken from X-Men. Just stating an observation.)
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: __________   Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:33 am

There isn't much that I can say that hasn't already been said already, and I really don't like redundancies. So I'll start off by asking how you thought this would be okay of you are (if you have been telling the truth) from a roleplaying community? You are literally a part of a group of people who engage in — what I assume is — healthy, enjoyable rolepalying. Do they make the rules like this or are you the dunce on that forum as well and don't grasp the subject. Honestly:

(_.6 I am exempt from all these rules.

For starters, what's with the bracket, underscore, dot? The six was sufficient. Furthermore, why would you exempt yourself from your own rules? Do you intend to dish it out for everyone but you can't take it yourself?

(_.4 You are fully allowed to kill other characters, as long as the context is fair (such as a fight)

What wouldn't be a fair context? A dog show that got out of hand? A heated game of Monopoly (although people die from those anyway)? It isn't always combat that leads to death, unless you want to completely ban all accidental deaths for whatever reason you have managed to justify to yourself.

(_.12... If I see one... one sentence post then somebody's going to get hit. Really, hard.

Hit me. I dare you.

And now, the ultimate trump cards of annoyance:
    -Also, if I say you should change your power; you will change it.
    -If your character goes out and do things that will get your character killed then kiss him/her goodbye.
    -I am free to do whatever I please. Deal with it.

If I were a jackass I would imply that you never ever get your way so you're desperately trying to find a way to give yourself authority, but I'm not. I'm going to assume you've had a healthy upbringing and that this is just a lapse in common sense. Regardless, you have no concept of humility. Don't you understand you have to endear yourself to others so that they will consider joining your roleplay? Why would anyone choose to partake in a roleplay hosted by someone who a) bosses around the forum members even before the roleplay has even left the ground and b) chooses to lord himself over everyone else as if they aren't even 'worth the honour of joining his amazing roleplay'? Maybe it was a poor way of justifying the fact that you abused the OVER 9000! meme in the rule number that contained this social back-breaker, but I won't guess when you're here to fill in the blanks for us.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Delta
    Admin

Upvotes: : 82

PostSubject: Re: __________   Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Guys, I rather think we ought to stop ripping on Supp. His OP had its faults, and reading over what's been posted I can say that my own, in the past, have shared a number of them, but if you want to make criticisms you should do it in a positive way — and before you set the playing field with the likes of this:

Kitty wrote:
    (_.9001 BTW in case you forgot, I am a huge tool and I'm going to shag all your underage characters and you should deal with it, nerd.

This is not acceptable. I'm not even giving you a Lemongrab image to go with that. The spoof-characters were somewhat amusing, but you really ought to have left it there and shifted to discussing how to improve things rather than crossing the line. I know I would be upset if I had the above quote aimed at me; can any of you, who posted so voluminously afterwards, really expect to engage in a meaningful discussion about making improvements to the thread in an environment of animosity like this?
    Potatrobot wrote:
    Hit me. I dare you.
    Potatrobot wrote:
    If I were a jackass I would imply that...

I am locking this thread now. Supplice, this does not mean you cannot post another RP. If anyone would like to discuss this further or request that the thread be unlocked, please contact me via PM's.

ಠ_ಠ
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: __________   Today at 7:33 pm

Back to top Go down