GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!

Go down 
+14
3D
IsakTheWriter
-NOX-
Potatrobot
DarkStar
Ferrety
Darkshadow
Epsilon
Gelatino95
Talvox
Dark_Plague
DRaGO
Kitty
Delta
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:43 pm

1. Minecraft
2. Terraria
6. Alien Swarm
4. Magicka
5. Planetside 2
6. SS13
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:21 am

1. Minecraft
2. TF2
3. Dungeon defenders
4. Garry's Mod
5. Sanctum
6. Terraira
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Minecraft has the most votes by a landslide, which means we're going to need a server; Plague, could you cover that for us? Happy.

Before the night
- Ensure you have the latest version of Minecraft installed

On the Night
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Yussssss

So, assuming we're doing Survival Games stuff, I'd like to make a few suggestions.

#1. Whoever is hosting should make sure they re-download all of the Survival Games maps. Map 1 has gotten some additions since we last played it, and I'm sure the others have as well.

#2. We should decide which maps we'll be playing and which we won't be before the night. Personally, my thoughts on the official Survival Games maps are as follows: #1 is the best, #2 and #4 are decent, while #3 and #5 aren't worth playing. 3 and 5 are much larger and built on a grander scale than 1, 2, and 4, and thus don't give me the same feel as the others. It's not all up to me, of course, so if others want to play all of the maps, I'm more than okay with that. razz

#3. Once we've decided what maps we'll be playing, we should designate some gamemakers, who can rotate around as they'd like to between participating in the games and running them. Delta, Plague and myself probably have the most experience with being the gamemaker, but I'm sure we can have others join in. If anyone is interested, ping me on Steam or shout out here, and we can work out things like what loot to give out at the feast, and how to effectively convey ambiance to drive the tributes insane. >:}

#4. Spectators (tributes who have died) should be given instructions on the proper use of invisibility potions. One of the issues we had back when we were playing Survival Games with Cam is that spectators were getting in the way when tributes were fighting, and often distracting them. Spectators should be expected to drink invis potions (not splash potions, for fear of hitting the tributes) and be flying at least ten blocks above the ground, so as not to disturb combat. The gamemaker should also be able to /gm anyone who has died to give them creative mode, which means giving the current gamemaker OP status.

That's about all that I can think of right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:32 am

DRaGO wrote:
One of the issues we had back when we were playing Survival Games with Cam is that spectators were getting in the way when tributes were fighting, and often distracting them. Spectators should be expected to drink invis potions (not splash potions, for fear of hitting the tributes) and be flying at least ten blocks above the ground, so as not to disturb combat. The gamemaker should also be able to /gm anyone who has died to give them creative mode, which means giving the current gamemaker OP status.
you could just put the dead people in adventure mode as well as giving them loads of invisibility potions

Last edited by Kitty on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 am

So as far as hosting is concerned I'm hearing a no from Plague and Tala; can anyone else fill in? Otherwise SS13 took second place, followed by NMRIH.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Kitty wrote:
DRaGO wrote:
One of the issues we had back when we were playing Survival Games with Cam is that spectators were getting in the way when tributes were fighting, and often distracting them. Spectators should be expected to drink invis potions (not splash potions, for fear of hitting the tributes) and be flying at least ten blocks above the ground, so as not to disturb combat. The gamemaker should also be able to /gm anyone who has died to give them creative mode, which means giving the current gamemaker OP status.
you could just put the dead people in adventure mode as well as giving them loads of invisibility potions
Well except that people in adventure mode can't fly... And no one wants to be stuck in that glass box for the rest of the round. Unless whoever is hosting has a plugin that allows adventure and creative mode simultaneously, creative is the way to go.

Also, I'd reeeeaally like to know who can host a server. I'm much more pumped for this Gamenight than I have been for other previous nights. razz
Back to top Go down
-NOX-
Green Spice
Green Spice
-NOX-

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:29 pm

So I've been pretty busy this last week, and forum posting hasn't been a priority, but I'm here now. This Minecraft deal seems like it could be great, but if our regular hosters are AWOL, is there anyone who has around 8 gigs of RAM they can dedicate for the timeslot? If worst comes to worst, I could host with 4 gigs, but I don't know how far that would go. It all depends on how many people show, I'd say. I also might not be able to participate for the end of the night, as I have a gathering to attend, but I could OP some others who could shut down the server when I'm not there, if I end up hosting. It wouldn't be ideal, but I could make it work, probably.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm not familiar with the mechanics of Minecraft server hosting, but if you can host then let's go with it. Wizard I'll be on Steam if you want to talk.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:42 pm

We could see how well your server runs, but just keep in mind that these are big maps, and lots of people will be in lots of different areas of the map at once. Even reliable servers like camel's and plague's felt the strain when we played on them. Also keep in mind that you'll need to restart the server after every game, and then load up the next map.

I'd love to be included in that Steam chat. :P
Back to top Go down
-NOX-
Green Spice
Green Spice
-NOX-

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:50 pm

It would be really really nice if someone more adept could host. My server runs, but it doesn't have near enough RAM, I'd say, to do the job effectively. I also have no idea how to use Bukkit, and I'm not sure if that's necessarily integral to the functioning of the Games, but it does make it nice. Also, as I said I won't be present for the entire time, making map switching quite an issue.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:15 am

So first off, apologies to anyone I may have offended or otherwise frustrated during the first two games. I had a pretty big (not gonna say unfair) advantage, and I used it a lot.
But I'm not gonna apologize for Kitty's diamonds. She shouted that out in the chat, and I just happened to be walking past. I wouldn't have stopped otherwise. :U

Anyway, I'm going to attempt summarize the little scuffle we had at the beginning of the first round, as it happened quite fast.

0:13 Drago encounters Eps by a farmhouse. Drago chases Eps and gives him a "warning" with his weapon. (I thought it was Bence when we were playing...)

0:26 Drago hops into a sewer and begins swimming down it. At the same time, Eps is chased into a small restroom by Kitty and Nox.

0:27 Drago begins swimming up a stream of water he believes leads to a toilet. At that same time, Eps jumps down into the stream and crashes into Drago. Drago shows no mercy, and Eps is slain. At the same time, Kitty and Nox become aware of each other's presence, and a scuffle ensues, ending in Kitty's demise.

0:28 Nox loots through Kitty's items and finds plenty of goodies. Drago finishes swimming up and out of the toilet, and jumps out of the bathroom just as Nox starts to leave. A fight takes place, leaving Drago the victor.

0:29 Unbeknownst to Drago, Darkshadow was stalking him in the sewers. He hears fighting sounds and hangs back, waiting to strike. Eps' pants, dropped by him when he died, come out of a water stream right in front of Darkshadow.

0:30 Darkshadow turns and runs.

Here's the snippet of Steam chat where I learned about Darkshadow's involvement.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:42 am

DRaGO wrote:
But I'm not gonna apologize for Kitty's diamonds. She shouted that out in the chat, and I just happened to be walking past. I wouldn't have stopped otherwise. :U
That's okay, I learnt not to tell anyone when I found diamonds in the last round so I could scare the pants off anyone who came at me
from what I could tell from your character's reaction when I charged at you from behind, it worked

However, I'm going to suggest that next time we do a map like this, no one is allowed to scout out all the best loot before the designated time, because walking around with a full set of armor and a flame sword was just cheap.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks to everyone for joining us on Saturday; let's get some votes in for this week! Happy.

Has anyone perhaps come across anything new lately that might be fun to try?
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Delta wrote:
Has anyone perhaps come across anything new lately that might be fun to try?
It's not "new," per se, but I tried out Zombie Panic Source a while ago and had quite a bit of fun. Also, I just checked the menu of the game, and found a "Create Server" option. Clicking on it gives you the option to enforce a password. So basically, it'll be easy to set up and protect our own little server. :D

As of right now, I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate this week, as there are a few different things happening IRL, none of which I know if I need to be a part of. However, if I am able to be here, my votes will be as follows.

1. Zombie Panic Source
2. L4D2 (Versus/Mutation/Scavenge)
3. NMRIH
4. SS13
5. The Hidden
6. Warframe

If I can't make it, I'll let you know and you can disregard my votes. I'd really like to play ZPS with you guys, so if I end up not being able to make it, hopefully you'll consider waiting for me. happy.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 pm

1. Rig of Rods
2. SS13 (Sorry Nox)
3. Garry's mod
4. Toribash
5. Dungeon Defenders
6. Warframe

EDIT: I might also just throw some more cards on the table.

In my wisdom and thanks to this website here, there are a couple more multiplayer** games available. They don't look all bad.. razz

Something that did catch my eye and am keen to have a go at was Subvein.

Top down shooter-y fun with vehicles.

Welp, they're there to look at if you get really desperate.

** Not sure whether they're actually online or local. The two I have tried were online and you could host your own server easily.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:00 am

1. NMRIH
2. Zombie Panic Source
3. Garrys Mod
4. L4D2
5. Toribash
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 am

1. TF2
2. L4D2
3. Minecraft
4. Garry's Mod
5. Dungeon defenders
6. Terraira

behold my unoriginal votes
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm

TF2
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Sure you don't want to place any other votes, Isak?

My own choices:

1. NMRIH
2. SS13
3. Rig of Rods
4. Zombie Panic
5. Toribash
6. Alien Swarm

I think given the number of players we're likely to have it'd be more fun if the zombies were NPCs — so NMRIH gets my vote. razz
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Delta wrote:
I think given the number of players we're likely to have it'd be more fun if the zombies were NPCs — so NMRIH gets my vote. razz
Now you see, I disagree with that. If we had anywhere between 6-10 people, ZP:S would actually be interesting. Something that I found when playing on public servers was that they are pretty much filled with people who know how to play the game. We're all relative newbs (except Plague), so I think it might be really interesting to have us all learning the game as we play it. Another thing about the public servers is that it's very hard to be the starter zombie and see any success killing survivors when there are 20-something people all crammed into a barricaded room. With less people, the starter zombie has a good chance of picking someone off earlier, to get reinforcements.

Just saying all that to dispute your logic. razz Most of what I just said won't matter for this week, since I've learned that I definitely won't be able to participate this Saturday. It looks like NMRIH is gonna win this week, so hopefully you guys will have a good time with that. happy.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:29 am

Whatever the outcome of this week's game, as long as its zombie-related I'll be at peace. NMRIH or Zombie Panic Source are fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:32 am

Dark_Plague wrote:
Whatever the outcome of this week's game, as long as its zombie-related I'll be at peace. NMRIH or Zombie Panic Source are fine with me.
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 WE-HAD-A-SYSTEM_zps25e46b0f
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Slampo10

...I guess NMRIH wins. So, this one's new to me — do we require a dedicated server or can anyone host at the press of a button? If the former, we'll need someone to do that. razz

Before the Night
- Follow this guide to download and install the game.
- Have a look over the beginner's guide if you're new to the game (like me): http://www.nomoreroominhell.com/wiki/Beginner's_Guide#Introduction

On the night
- Join the Steam group chat, from which we shall be co-ordinating things.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Im sure I can find a public server we can play on. It's an 8-player game so, if we can fill that space we'll be fine. If not, I'll see what I can do about hostin'. Though I dont believe it'll be quite easy.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 pm

I'd much prefer we had a private server — I'm certainly not going to count on getting a full compliment of eight people on simultaneously for any length of time. razz If it'd be at all possible to get our own server running it would be preferable by far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next