The Galactic Adventure Club
 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Hi guys
by Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
by Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
by Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» my forum now
by Sean1M Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 pm

» Your very own art
by ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
by Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
by Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
by camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
by Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
by Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
by Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 
 

 Super Mario Blocks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Super Mario Blocks   Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:27 am

So, I know it's been done before, but me and my friends have created and exact replica of the first Mario world. We posted this video today of the world. I recorded, my friend llama (you might know him) was Luigi, and my friend Brain (Dylanator42) was Mario. I also edited. I'd appreciate you guys here watching it, as we know that barely anyone will watch it. I know it's not perfect, but still, it was recorded in under an hour, though we did build the world. The details and info on who built what and downloads can be found in the description. Thanks,

-Lazer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 am

It seems as if when I post the thread half dies most of the time. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1597
Upvotes: : 21
Join date : 2010-11-19
Age : 21
Location : Triangulating...

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:47 am

Did you just want a response?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 20
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:58 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Did you just want a response?
That's usually why he posts threads about videos he's somewhat responsible for.

Lazer, the video is kinda cool, but there is a perfectly good Minecraft thread to post this on.
You didn't even wait 24 hours for someone to post, geez.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:52 am

It was like 20 hours, so what? Sorry for being soooo rude about posting something I wanted you guys to see. Lol. I just know know how to post something that's Kitty proof apparently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 20
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 am

Lazernugget wrote:
It was like 20 hours, so what? Sorry for being soooo rude about posting something I wanted you guys to see. Lol.
When did anyone say you were being rude?

Wanting others to see something doesn't hide the fact that an entire board for one video wasn't necessary. There's the Minecraft board, and didn't you make one already for your other videos?

Plus, Just because no one commented on it at the the time you want them to, it doesn't mean that no one looked at it. Your video has 30 views.
Hell, a lot of the art people post on the art thread (including mine) doesn't always get commented on, but people obviously saw it when they posted after it.

Lazernugget wrote:
I just know know how to post something that's Kitty proof apparently.
what
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1597
Upvotes: : 21
Join date : 2010-11-19
Age : 21
Location : Triangulating...

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:33 am

Kitty wrote:
Lazernugget wrote:
I just know know how to post something that's Kitty proof apparently.
what

I didn't get that part either :|
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 170
Upvotes: : 3
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Emerald Town

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:41 am

Lazernugget wrote:
It was like 20 hours, so what? Sorry for being soooo rude about posting something I wanted you guys to see. Lol. I just know know how to post something that's Kitty proof apparently.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 20
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:44 am

Chaos wrote:
*snip*
His Jimmies were indeed rustled. :C
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1597
Upvotes: : 21
Join date : 2010-11-19
Age : 21
Location : Triangulating...

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 am

Well this is turning into something bad. First of all, I posted this in it's own thread because it's an on going project, where I will post other videos we do in this project. Sorry for that. Me saying I was being rude was just for bumping my thread, I was typing fast and that's what I ended up saying. Lol I'm not upset, I was trying to joke around, not rage to you guys. The Kitty proof thing was just me pointing out that it seems most of the time when I post things, you (Kitty) seem to always find something weird or annoying about it. It was meant to be a joke. Kitty proof. And no, my 'jimmies' were not 'rustled'. I was being silly. Maybe I'm just bad at making little silly jokes like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 20
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:12 am

Lazernugget wrote:
Well this is turning into something bad. First of all, I posted this in it's own thread because it's an on going project, where I will post other videos we do in this project.
Maybe you should've mentioned that in the OP then.

Lazernugget wrote:
Sorry for that. Me saying I was being rude was just for bumping my thread, I was typing fast and that's what I ended up saying. Lol I'm not upset, I was trying to joke around, not rage to you guys.
If you say so.

Lazernugget wrote:
The Kitty proof thing was just me pointing out that it seems most of the time when I post things, you (Kitty) seem to always find something weird or annoying about it. It was meant to be a joke. Kitty proof.
Then stop giving me a reason to call you out for things like that. This isn't a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:46 am

'Then stop giving me a reason to call you out for things like that. This isn't a game'

I'm sorry for having opinions and comments that you dislike, but I'm not directly trying to give you a reason. No duh this isn't a game, I'm just trying to tell you all about cool things, not trying to say things to specifically anger you. I'm not just some stupid child, OK? This is supposed to be a great community forum, and it is, but I hate when I do something that's no big deal and you just make me seem stupid. Please, try not to analyze every last thing I show you. Sorry if I should irritated, but I am. I post a simple thread and it turns into an argument over me wanting a reply on something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 20
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:21 am



Okay bro you really need to calm down.
When in the name of Odin did I ever imply that you were an idiot?
And since when were you the only person I ever picked on in this forum?

You're not an idiot, bro. You just need to put more thought into what you post sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 am

I'm going to forget about this whole conversation for the sake of us both. Memory.jar is depleting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 689
Upvotes: : 14
Join date : 2010-10-26
Location : Killing Titans.

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 am

hey nice video lazer


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 170
Upvotes: : 3
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Emerald Town

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 am

Lazernugget wrote:
I'm going to forget about this whole conversation for the sake of us both. Memory.jar is depleting.

Please stop storing information in Java Archive files. That's not even science. Meant Oracle DB? ;)
Here is a neat little piece of code you can use for restarting your JVM:

Code:
Object[] o = null; for(;;) { o = new Object[] {o}; }
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Why thank you, my good sir. (And Epsilon)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1419
Upvotes: : 39
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 20
Location : Standing over Sargas Ruk's body.

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Guh, not this again.

Kitty, you do seem to gravitate towards Lazer when you feel the need to blast somebody for something, even if it's with good reason. It gets annoying.

Lazer, what Kitty said about putting thought into what you post isn't something to ignore. It's a pattern I've noticed before, and it's something I decided to leave alone. Also, if you don't want people to blast you, don't react so flippantly. You're really asking for all this drama that you're getting by saying things like, "I'm not just some stupid child, OK?". Simply saying that is an invitation for people to treat you exactly like you just stated you weren't.

That's my two cents, take it or leave it, I mean it in the most non-threatening way possible.

------

With that out of the way, I think I can provide some feedback on the video. It was good in concept, but the camera was way too far back. It would look much better if you at least got close enough to have the extended foreground out of the way, as that would more closely match the camera angle of the game you're trying to emulate. I'd say you guys have some real potential, and I can't wait to see what else you'll put out. ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Damn, that escalated quickly. How long was I gone?

Anyways, nice video. The creation is pretty accurate too.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 20
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm

DRaGO wrote:
Kitty, you do seem to gravitate towards Lazer when you feel the need to blast somebody for something, even if it's with good reason.
If that was actually true, then I would've blackmailed him so much by now that he'd have left the forum months ago.

See, believe it or not, I don't have anything against Lazer. Or anyone I've ever argued with, for that matter. I do, however, despise flawed arguments or logic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 pm

RazorKnight wrote:
Damn, that escalated quickly. How long was I gone?

Anyways, nice video. The creation is pretty accurate too.

Thanks, it's actually pixel for pixel except the Castle and the holes you jump over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 170
Upvotes: : 3
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Emerald Town

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 am

Kitty wrote:

If that was actually true, then I would've blackmailed him so much by now that he'd have left the forum months ago.

See, believe it or not, I don't have anything against Lazer. Or anyone I've ever argued with, for that matter. I do, however, despise flawed arguments or logic.

Blackmail? Lazer do you attempt sockpuppetry?
Though I do agree with Kitty on this one (usually that's never the case as she just utters ingenious phrases such as 'gud4u' or 'hey check me out im being mean!'), as Lazer opened an unnecessary thread and bumped the thread on the same day ('shameless self-bump). He could have only pursued such an hardcore attempt of attention seeking by posting video of himself tying the classroom pet to a fire cracker and launching it into a container filled with glass shards.
Speaking of firecrackers, last year me and buddy Matt were trying to make some fireworks ourselves, and Matt was like 'Hey, gasoline burns right?'. Well... hell yeah it did, and Matt got 2nd degree burns on %60 percent of his body along with a nice little hole in his bedroom's wall and the 42'' plasma TV. That right there curbed our enthusiasm on ballistic research and development field; though it definitely was one of the funniest memories I have with Matt (not for Matt though, I think the loss of the plasma TV really depressed him).

EDIT: Regardless Lazer, we are truly proud of your tremendous success and looking forward to the upcoming videos. Once you are done with World 2, you should start that video with the World1-2 map and take the warp-pipe into W2 wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1597
Upvotes: : 21
Join date : 2010-11-19
Age : 21
Location : Triangulating...

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:51 am

Chaos wrote:
Speaking of firecrackers, last year me and buddy Matt were trying to make some fireworks ourselves, and Matt was like 'Hey, gasoline burns right?'. Well... hell yeah it did, and Matt got 2nd degree burns on %60 percent of his body along with a nice little hole in his bedroom's wall and the 42'' plasma TV. That right there curbed our enthusiasm on ballistic research and development field; though it definitely was one of the funniest memories I have with Matt (not for Matt though, I think the loss of the plasma TV really depressed him).

Chaos, in the same way we have a Minecraft thread for videos like this, we have a general chat thread for stories about endeavours like this. You really lost me when you skewed into this tangent, creating an alternate 1985- oh wait.

It also doesn't do well when you make a point about attention seeking and then barefacedly drop the topic to tell a story about your exploits with explosives. It's easy to tell that you only made that analogy to Lazer's alleged attention seeking to make a link to your own story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 170
Upvotes: : 3
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Emerald Town

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Chaos wrote:
Quoteception

Chaos, in the same way we have a Minecraft thread for videos like this, we have a general chat thread for stories about endeavours like this. You really lost me when you skewed into this tangent, creating an alternate 1985- oh wait.

It also doesn't do well when you make a point about attention seeking and then barefacedly drop the topic to tell a story about your exploits with explosives. It's easy to tell that you only made that analogy to Lazer's alleged attention seeking to make a link to your own story.

It's more like I made a link to my own story so I can make an analogy to Lazer's 'alleged attention seeking'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Blocks   Today at 3:08 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Super Mario Blocks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Super Mario 3D World Review
» Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World
» Super Mario 3D World Vs. Super Mario Galaxy
» Super Mario Maker
» Super Mario 64 vs. DS

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: Gaming :: Minecraft-
Jump to: