GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Grox War Reboot IC Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Grox War Reboot IC

Go down 
+2
Delta
Naboo9
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice
Naboo9

Upvotes: : 4
Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:22 am

The Grox and Nardradis; rivals almost since the time the two species dragged themselves into space. The species where blissfully ignorant of each other, both advancing, both conquering and expanding... And then they collided. And it was not a friendly first contact. The Nardradis saw the Grox as weak due to their reliance on cybernetics and slave soldiers (like the Conqrix). And the Grox viewed the Nardradis as primitive due to how the Nardradis were constantly improving some of their more effective older tech (like ballistics) and their somewhat small empire. Eventually, this dislike turned to conflicts, small skirmishes of varying causes. These skirmishes turned into an all-out war. Eventually the two sides were forced back into their respective territories.

That was ages ago. New empires have been formed, new alliances have been made, and a new war bubbles underneath it all. Sides are being taken. Civilizations prepare for battle. History is prepared to repeat itself.

Welcome to The Grox War.

Out-of-Character discussions and sign-ups belong in the OOC Thread thread. Please only post here if you have signed up for the RP.

For a full list of active characters and a comprehensive archive of their character sheets, refer to the OOC.

The Decision was made, the plans were set, the alliances were made, the war was about to be declared. It would make sense for the new coalition of races to be in space, riding toward their objective of wiping out the Grox. The members of the meeting and the mercenarys waiting outside of the meeting room wished heavily that this was the case. The meeting went perfectly until two members of rival species had started arguing over territory and wouldn't stop no matter who told them. The varying member were either bored out of their mind or trying (and failing) To entertain themselves.
_______

In the room outside where the mercenarys and volunteers waited it was no more quiet. The various beings sat more or less around the other beings that were assigned the same ship. "So... anyone up to go in there and break the monotony?" said a member of the hulking insectoid race know as Shadon, his voice a mixture of a guttural growl and insectoid chittering. This earned his many pointed glances and many Nardradis and mercs reaching for their firearms. "I was kidding." the Shadon growled.

This, was going to be a long day, even by Narcona's standards.

Last edited by Naboo9 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:48 am

A figure in the corner of the room, clothed in a dark, hooded travelling cloak, cocked its head as, for a moment, hands reached for blasters across the room. It was the only sudden move she had made since taking her place there. The moment of tension passed, and the Emissary of the Silent Temple returned to her previous nigh-stillness; gaze slowly sweeping back and forth across the room from behind the deep violet lenses of her mask, resting momentarily on each of the other creatures in the room as it passed.

Mantras and stratagems filled her mind, fragments, echoes of lessons honed and hardened into weapons as sharp as those concealed about her form.

And so she continued; filling the void of empty time by planning the most efficient way to eliminate everyone in the room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

Upvotes: : 2

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:01 am

The whoosh of air indicated the arrival of another being inside the room. A Taldixark. A race split apart by itself. The Taldixark was constantly evolving; and splitting itself apart. Currently the most evolved species of Taldixark was classified as 'V3.' The Taldixark entering the room was a 'V3.' Taladox walked slowly into the room, surveying his surroundings. Someone in the corner of the room moved somewhat suddenly, but then the figure returned to it's previous stillness.
Apparently my entry into the room made everyone uneasy. Taladox thought to himself, somewhat annoyed. He was not a force to be reckoned with. Yet.
He found himself a spot in the room and leaned against the wall, examining his equipment. He might need to use it later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:15 am

Xol glanced around the room, his fingers drumming on the stock of his state-of-the-art carbine and he skitishly waited for something to happen. How long they would be there- had been there, for that matter- he didn't know. Time was just something that put less and less space between him and the Nephid armada.

Virtually everything he had on wasn't his. But from a technological standpoint, it was. He had hacked into the datachips contained in all the weaponry and armor, back on the NIRS, and modified it to say it belonged to him. I'm thinking of trivial details again...

He looked around again. Then back to his equipment. Then up again. Then down again. He began drumming his foot in time with his fingers.

What the hell am I doing here and not high-tailing it away from the Nephid?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:14 am

A slender figure with black fur and blue eyes stood near the back of the room, her long ears twitching in irritation, waiting for something to happen. She began tapping her foot in a rhythm and observing the room, she felt a tense vibe emulating from the unfamiliar faces around her. Some of the sentient beings she saw were the strangest things to her, the only thing relating to intelligent life she had ever saw were her own race, the Dark leech and the Grox.

To break the tension, she spoke up.

"..So all of us came here for common reasons, am I correct?"
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Triex was leaning on the farthest corner of the room. Trying to conceal his Destroyain Military symbol painted on his armor. If even one of these mercenary scums ever noticed that he's actually military, he could have a fight on his hands. Triex's main reason was to approach the Dark Leech privately in a diplomatic manner. Ensuring them that The Galactic Senate was supporting them... metaphorically. They had only sent Triex along with a "Shadow Bolt" starfighter to accompany him in his assignment.

The Galactic Senate supported liberating other allied galaxies from the Grox. But from Triex's perspective both the Grox and Dark Leech were guilty in this war. Either way it wasn't Triex's decision to point fingers. Grox were Grox and they deserve to be killed.

Triex's father wasn't even born when The Galactic Senate grew into a superpower, threatening the stability of the Grox's control over his own galaxy.

Triex investigated his surroundings. There were a lot of shady beings in the room. Some he didn't feel like trusting. He kept his right hand near his pistol. A mercenary glared at him and his equipment. The mercenary approached him.

"Nice guns." he said with electronically distorted voice. Almost sounding sarcastic. "What kind of merc are you? RK-85 is a military-grade rifle. They aren't found in the blackmarket, kid. How the hell did you get an intact one?" the mercenary said. This time he said it with a growl. Triex was afraid his cover was blown. He acted cool and simply replied to him.

"I guess some mercs are better than you, aren't they?" Triex said and shoved him out of his way. Trying not to grow suspicion. Triex walked away from his dark corner. Joining the rest of them in the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Maarucye twisted around as Triex pushed past him, frowning disdainfully. He only wanted to know how the Destroya got a hold of such a high profile weapon, but his response was just...

"I guess some mercs are better than you, aren't they?" he mumbled to himself, but it came out sounding aggressive.

His frown got no assistance from his eyes to show his irritation; one was concealed behind a round, wide lens, and the other actually was one. They gave him a wide eyed appearance, even though he was barely surprised at all. It was the voice. Again.

He dropped his toothed jaw and stuck his two pronged claw of a left hand into his mouth. He reached for the back of his mouth where his voice filter resided, nestled in with a whole bunch of other prosthetics vital for the neck, and slid back an easy-access panel. With one finger he flicked up a fail-safe switch while pressing a small, spring-loaded pin with the other.

"Ghere... whe... go." His voice, though still electronically distorted, changed to a more suitable, familiar tone. He closed the panel and took his hand out of his mouth, although he figured he'd have to find something to wipe the spit off later on. He looked back up at Triex, one side of his mouth curving up in thought.
Back to top Go down
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice
Naboo9

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:02 am

High Councilman Ra'zara grew wary of the two representative's bickering and finally forcefully made himself a part of the conversation. "Enough," the aged Dark Leech began "buy the time you finish arguing we'll either be overrun by Grox or all these fine people will be as old as I am now." The arguing parties stopped rapidly. "Thank you," responded the High Councilman, rubbing him temples. "So," he began, regaining his composure "Are we all in favor of the plan?" The result was unanimous. "Good, the war effort starts now and this meeting is adjourned." As soon as those words left the Ra'zara's mouth the various representatives filed out rapidly. The mercenarys and volunteers in the outside roomed followed suit, leaving to get whatever sparce possessions they had brought and headed to the ship they were assigned.

"About time" Naboo, Admiral of the Dark Leech thought as he got out of his seat and left the meeting room. The Dark Leech scanned the room outside for a representative of the Silent Temple he was informed about, mainly so he wouldn't go into attack mode as soon as he saw it. "Now if only I can find the flippin' Mallium..."

((Delta, No-name doesn't need to approach Naboo, in fact, she could leave the room and intercept him when he leaves if you want to have her do that.))
Back to top Go down

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Triex tried his best to ignore the mercenary that approached him. When he saw the mercenary glance at him with a friendly face, Triex couldn't resist to apologize for his rude behavior.

"Sorry, I'm having a bad day. My name is Tri--" Triex stopped when he noticed he was about to give away his real name. "-- Um.. Felri. My name is Felri." Triex said. It was probably not even a real name but it was the first thing that came to his mind. Triex glanced at his appearance. Triex couldn't tell if he was a synthetic or a Aurbature. Triex gave a gentle smile.

"We should get going. I'll see you aboard the vessel." Triex said and slowly walked away toward an alley. In front of Triex was his Contress 'Shadow Bolt' starfighter he had brought with him, hidden and covered in improvised camouflage. He tried to clean off the trash from the cockpit. He opened it with slight snap-hiss. He turned on the starfighters VI. The VI spoke with calm, distorted female voice.

"Welcome, General Triex. How can I assist you?" his VI 'Ri'el' said. Triex rubbed his forehead.

"Follow the vessel I'll be aboard on. Don't show yourself until I say so. Remember to stay cloaked." Triex ordered Ri'el. He wished he could bring along his AI "Tiri". But he was afraid that bringing along a self-evolving AI would be dangerous because he wasn't sure how this galaxy would react to it.

Triex shut the cockpit, suddenly the starfighter distorted and turned invisible. Triex paced toward the vessel they were ordered to go to and wondered what the coming missions would be.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:21 am

"So you're the infamous Naboo9, I presume?"

The slender figure peered out from behind him, with a smirk of interest on her face but a hint friendliness was noticeable in her voice.

"I've heard some intimidating stories about you from the mercenaries, very impressive."
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 am

Xol put his carbine on his back as he got up, and shouldered his way out of the room. On his way, he passed a feline-looking merc who was talking to the head Dark Leach.

"I've heard some intimidating stories about you from the mercenaries, very impressive."

The Selthem rolled his eye. Half those stories are probably a five foot thick layer of hot-headedness covering a pathetic reality. He made his way to the designated area and awaited further instructions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice
Naboo9

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Naboo laughed, as if the notion amused him "I'm aware that many people tell intimidating stories about me but have never had the pleasure of hearing them, enlighten me." The Dark Leech said.

((I will be mostly unable to post for this week, I encourage character interaction.)))
Back to top Go down

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:00 am

((I'm posting so this IC doesn't die. Once this RP goes mainstream like the last one you will all remember me as the savior of Grox War and your supreme overlord.))

As Triex returned he joined the discussion.

"Yes... I'm sure they are very intriguing and bloody stories." Triex said, clenching his teeth, trying to remind himself why he was sent to this assignment. Those stories most probably involve illegal actions if it contains mercenary bands in it... Triex thought.

Triex tried to remove his judgmental perspective on mercenaries. The only thing he knew about mercenaries during his Commando days was to kill the ones that you didn't pay for. Ironically, he was currently married to a mercenary... well... former mercenary. Triex remembered the mission they were on. It was during the war. The military had claimed that he would need an extra hand. Which turned out to be true because she had saved his reptilian neck more than he could remember.

Triex noticed his military markings on his armor were showing. He quickly covered the symbol with the traveling cloak he was wearing. He hoped no one noticed but it was a very slim chance.

Last edited by RazorKnight on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice
Naboo9

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Naboo shrugged at the Destroya that joined the conversation's comment "Knowing mercs, if they're true, it's likely bloody; if they're false, it's defiantly bloody." Naboo responded. He noticed something on the Destroya's armor, a marking of something on his armor. Naboo furrowed his brow when the reptile pulled a traveling cloak over the symbol. Well, tried to furrow his brow. Dark leech anatomy wasn't exactly built to make facial expressions. "We need to get going, we can continue this conversation on the way to the ship." Naboo said as began to head in the direction of The Titan.

Last edited by Naboo9 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 7:14 am

((And I'll be the sneering advisor))

Maarucye picked up on Felri's little mix-up when he gave his name. He smiled politely and gave his own, but he was already thinking about why he would give a false name and what his actual name could be. It started with 'Tri-', that much he knew, but he also figured that this Destroya was hiding something more important than his real name.

Maarucye glared at the Destroya as he left to attend his little ship, his left eye zooming in on him and placing a square targeting reticle over him — a pretty useless feature. The Dark Leech approached the Destroya and engaged in conversation, but Maarucye noticed him peering at the Felri's armour, before he pulled a cloak over it. That, Maarucye figured, was enough reason for him to keep an eye on him.

"Where did he get a military grade rifle?" he mumbled quietly to himself. It wasn't hard to think of the possibilities.

Regardless he started to make his way to the ship. His metal left foot, which resembled a stabilising foot of an anti-aircraft cannon for its shape, landed with a heavy CLUNK. His three-digit, organic right foot was quieter, so he walked with a loud, irregular gait.

Last edited by Dark_potato57 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:10 am

"Planet Zenith-VII, 14th of the Third Annual Division, the year 34'567 C.E (Western Spiral Arm Calendar)."

The Emissary, cloak and visor still in place, had dissolved out of the throng of people gradually leaving the room for their assigned postings, and now walked beside Naboo and the feline mercenary as they strode down the corridor towards the Titan.

"One of the most successful operations conducted under your command, statistically, in which you also took part directly. Considered a defining moment in the Zenithian Uprising." She spoke softly, little to no emotion filtering through the speakers on that mask. It was a list of facts, not a story.

"We were there."
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice
Naboo9

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:45 am

Naboo raised an eyebrow but said nothing in response to the Mallium's somewhat cryptic statement. "I also made a lot of the higher-ups mad at me due to "unorthodox tactics" or something, probably wouldn't be commanding still if it weren't for the fact that we didn't lose a single soldier and few notable injuries." Naboo said. As the group entered The Titan a pair of soldiers stood in their way and did a (very) quick bio-scan. When the scan was finished and they insured they were on the right ship the soldiers stood aside. Another soldier walked up to Naboo and said "All troops accounted for sir."

"Good." Naboo replied as he walked toward the hyperlift to the bridge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grox War Reboot IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grox War Reboot IC   Grox War Reboot IC Empty

Back to top Go down

Grox War Reboot IC
Page 1 of 1