GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
    KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
    No user

KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC

Go down 
    +7
    IsakTheWriter
    DRaGO
    Kitty
    Potatrobot
    Talvox
    Terwynd
    Delta
    11 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    AuthorMessage
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

Upvotes: : 84

KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Adding your character now. Inducing heightened ethanol levels in the human body as a means of disabling them? Hells yeah. XD
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
    DRaGO
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice
    DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:51 pm

I would have done Digestive Shapeshifting for sure.

EDIT: We should expand this to include humanoid or sentient SCPs. If we do, I know what I'm going to be.

http://scpcontainmentbreach.wikia.com/wiki/SCP-789-J

I AM THE BUTT GHOST. I WILL EAT YOUR BUTT.

(JK razz )
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
    IsakTheWriter
    Green Spice
    Green Spice
    IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 pm

User: IsakTheWriter
    Name: Eric
    Power: Gun manipulation/Metal manipulation
    Bio: Eric was born in Russia during the end of the Cold War. He lived with a single mother and had a troubled childhood. Once the government found out of his metal manipulation, he was captured at the age of 10 and was raised in a laboratorium in his later childhood. Fleeing the lab at the age of 19. Eric is currently on the run from every secret agency in the world.
    Even though his powers are considered powerful, it takes a toll on his strength and causes a pain in his lungs which is soothed by cigarettes. This has lead Eric to an addiction of nicotine.

I've tried not to make this as overpowered. The Metal Manipulation can't be used on things bigger than a volleyboll(In mass), or things smaller than marbles(like dust) and can't turn metal into liquid form. Can stop bullets, tasers, arrows, daggers and maybe swords.
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Adding you. Happy.

EDIT: About increasing the maximum number of characters per person: I tend to lean towards two, based on the feeling that if everyone had two characters things are still easy enough to keep track of for all involved, but three per person may lead to things becoming a bit too unwieldy. We could, I suppose, set rules to stagger entry of additional characters into the RP if some of you feel additional characters would be more fun. Happy.

Thoughts?
    Back to top Go down
    Kitty
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice
    Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 11:56 pm

I have a concern about the whole "Tags & Frags" thing.

My character follows cartoon physics, which would mean that she can't get hurt as easily (eg she could survive falling from great heights, being crushed, shot in the face at point blank range) so would that result as a tag being removed? To make her not as overpowered I made it so that she can't do fatal damage to anyone, she can only knock them out at best. Thus, she can only do moderate ammounts of damage to anyone at one time. Would that count as taking out a tag or...??

I'm mainly asking because, I dunno about you guys, but Turn-Based RPGs really don't give you much in the way of character development, in my opinion.
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 am

Yeah, that is certainly an issue with a setting where some characters, by their very nature, may be impossible or otherwise extremely difficult to harm or kill.

With mooks, dealing excessive damage isn't a problem. >:} As for other players, I imagine it's just a matter of phrasing your attacks such that you don't do crippling/lethal damage to them unless you're removing their last tag, taking into account their ability to dodge, absorb or otherwise circumvent damage. I can't say I've thought up set thresholds for what levels of damage merit removing a tag, but there needn't be, really, as tag removal is governed by the player making the attack — unless your attack really wouldn't be expected to do any damage to a given character, I doubt anyone will take issue with it. Happy. As for what you're describing I'd say yeah; make an attack, take off a tag. Have I answered your question? Wondering

More of an issue, in my mind, is rendering Jess 'unconscious' or 'dead'. 'Unconscious', I guess, just translates to anything which leaves the character temporarily unable to move or fight, but short of introducing The Dip, killing a cartoon character would be darn near impossible. I guess that means you get infinite frags.

EDIT: If you want to make combat, particularly one-on-one, better for character development I might suggest co-posting — there was an explanation / discussion about it on the NR OOC a little while back, I'll have to dig it up...

EDIT2: It starts at the fourth post down this page: https://alac.forumotion.com/t1171p80-nerrone-s-rangers-ooc-and-planning

Last edited by Delta on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Potatrobot
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice
    Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:39 am

Delta wrote:
    ... short of introducing The Dip...

I knew it. I knew there would be a Who Framed Roger Rabbit link in here somewhere.
    Back to top Go down
    Talvox
    Green Spice
    Green Spice
    Talvox

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 am

DRaGO wrote:
    We should expand this to include humanoid or sentient SCPs. If we do, I know what I'm going to be.

http://scpcontainmentbreach.wikia.com/wiki/SCP-789-J

I AM THE BUTT GHOST. I WILL EAT YOUR BUTT.

(JK razz )

I know who I'd be... Dr. Gerald. XD

This is my favorite joke SCP, (My favorite* one that's supposed to creep you out is 087, the guy who you see in Delta's sig.)
    *Favorite meaning I hate it the most.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:54 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
    Delta wrote:

I knew it. I knew there would be a Who Framed Roger Rabbit link in here somewhere.

...I have to watch that film again now. So I can finally appreciate it on all the levels. All of them. >:U
    Back to top Go down
    Kitty
    Silver Spice
    Silver Spice
    Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:03 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
    Delta wrote:

But that movie is the main reason I stuck with that power! D:

Delta wrote:
    ...I have to watch that film again now. So I can finally appreciate it on all the levels. All of them. >:U
    But what about se-
    Oh wait. Jessica Rabbit. I forgot. >_>
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:37 am

So about 24 hours after posting the thread I've finally sat down and thought about names.

The city's name shall be New Syracuse, and the RP's title Knights of New Syracuse.

I think I shall start cleaning up the OP to make it look presentable — if anyone else is working on a character and would like to join before we kick off, give me a heads-up and I'll make sure we don't set sail without you. Happy.
    Back to top Go down
    Naboo9
    Purple spice
    Purple spice
    Naboo9

Upvotes: : 4
    Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:07 am

Finished.

User: Naboo9
    Name: Hunter
    Power: Dragon Physiology (Enhanced Strength/Intelligence/Senses, Dermal Armor, Thermal Resistance, Claws, Flight, Fire Breathing, Can Detect other Dragons, Fear Inducement (requires eye contact,) Can switch between form (requires some time.))
    Bio: Hunter was always a thrill seeker, it didn't matter what was happening, if it didn't push him to his limit and beyond he wasn't interested, and thrills after thrill occurred. He was bungee jumping and his line broke, he was falling and was sure he was going to die. "This is it." Hunter thought. Then his entire body exploded in pain, as if someone had set him on fire. The Next thing he knew, he was flying. No, more than flying, he was a dragon. He took up residence in New Syracuse, training in secret, waiting for the right moment. For what is more thrilling then being a king of the skies?
    Back to top Go down
    http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:15 am

O_o If you got that power in one try then colour me surprised.

Adding you now.
    Back to top Go down
    Naboo9
    Purple spice
    Purple spice
    Naboo9

Upvotes: : 4
    Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:22 am

Got it in three, my other rolls were helium manipulation (fear me and my ability to make your voice high-pitched!) and Ability Acceleration (only work on self and useless without other powers me;;ow )
    Back to top Go down
    http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
    DRaGO
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice
    DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:35 pm

So, I have a question, clarification, and concern to share.

Question: Do you think Charlie's ability (Weapon Proficiency) can be applied to non-traditional weapons?

Clarification: I wrote Charlie's Bio whilst subconsciously thinking that Weapon Proficiency = make a weapon out of anything (non-traditional weapons). Hopefully that's fine and I can use his character in the way I had intended.

Concern: Steph's ability kinda has the potential to operate outside the realm of tags and frags. For example, I could have her induce a prolonged stomachache on someone, so would that mean a tag is taken off every next post, or just one tag for the stomachache in general?
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:41 pm

It's down to you to interpret the ability your character has so sure, go for it. Happy.

As for Steph's ability translating into a combat situation: I think I'd count that as being worth one tag in combat, as a cumulative representation of its effect. Does that sound fair? Wondering
    Back to top Go down
    DRaGO
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice
    DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Okay, sounds good. Prepare to have your characters beaten down by lamp posts and tweezers. >:}

As for Steph's ability, yeah, that sounds good, but I was also thinking that an attack like that would lower the target's effectiveness in combat, so that would still count as loosing a tag but with a side-effect. Is that reasonable?
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Yes, and that would be down to the player controlling the character with the stomach ache to manifest. The tag/frag system is more designed as a guideline for the action, a way of telling you when you've taken enough damage to merit getting put on yo butt. Happy. I wouldn't want to complicate things much further than that.
    Back to top Go down
    Terwynd
    Purple spice
    Purple spice
    Terwynd

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:33 am

Updated character sheet to add more dtail than the 2 sentences I had earlier.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:13 pm

*sniffs air*

Smells like a potential RP thread. Must join.

... Unfortunately, I rolled the die and I got an extremely God-like supahpowah.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Finnish_Deity_Physiology

Can I still join even with this SP? twisted

EDIT: No, I won't be a plant. Period.
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 pm

@Ter: Synced it with the OP.

@Razo: I reckon so long as you select one of the Finnish deities then it's reasonable. razz Also you don't have to have all of the abilities listed — and if you liked, you could start with a select few and gain more as things develop.
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Heads-up for anyone still working on a character sheet: My current pencilled-in plan is to kick off the IC later today. Happy.

If you really want me to set it back further, speak now or forever hold thy peace. razz
    Back to top Go down
    DRaGO
    Bronze Spice
    Bronze Spice
    DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:37 pm

Are we still waiting for everybody to post once before you make a response, or are you working on the first response?
    Back to top Go down
    IsakTheWriter
    Green Spice
    Green Spice
    IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:51 pm

He's currently busy playing Skyrim.
    Back to top Go down
    Delta
    Admin
    Delta

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:57 am

One thing I oughta ask:

@Kitty: Is Jess capable of passing for human until her powers come into play, or would it be immediately clear to anyone glancing at her that she is not?
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC   KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

KNIGHTS OF NEW SYRACUSE OOC
    Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next