GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Go down 
+2
Hutch
Gelatino95
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Copied from Serebii homepage:

Serebii wrote:
Pokémon Smash is currently in the process of airing and has has Junichi Masuda arrive on the show and make the announcement for which the world has been waiting. In this announcement, he unveiled the release of Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2. These games are essentially the third game of Generation V, in a new duo of games and follows in a similar pattern to past releases and is due for release on the Nintendo DS in June 2012. We'll bring more as it comes. The names of these forms are to come next week.

Edit: Junichi Masuda has revealed the names of Kyurem's new forms via his Twitter account. The forms are simply called Black Kyurem & White Kyurem, though he interestingly lists them as seperate Pokémon

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Kyuremforms2th
So, we were all expecting Gray but they give us this instead. Apparently we've got two new third versions, presumably because they couldn't integrate the contrasting themes of technology and nature in Black and White, repsectively (though in my opinion this shouldn't have been a problem). Also, we've got two new Kyurem forms made of Frankenstein-esque combinations of Kyurem and its respective version mascot.

Thoughts? Opinions? It's still up to speculation as to whether these games will be standard third versions or whether they will be sequels, as the "2" in the title indicates, which carry on the story of Black and White.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:05 pm

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI

Nintendo is really begining to run dry on ideas.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Hutch wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI

Nintendo is really begining to run dry on ideas.
That link doesn't work for me

And if you take the time to stare at Zekrem/Reshirem for about a half hour, they start looking cooler. Trust me on this.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:54 pm

You stared at them for half an hour...

Gel, perhaps its time you found a new series. Tribes, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
CbfStudios
Red Spice
Red Spice

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Well, what I always liked about a third version is it's always it's own games. Whenever I played Ruby or Black or Diamond I always thought in the back of my head that there are pokemon and characters and en I go out and spend more money.plot I'm missing out on.

Then I go out and spend more money.

But then in the other version it's the same thing. In the third version games I always feel like I have the complete package....well, not for Generation V, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Wait.

Did nintendo just take the exact same pokemon, merge them with Kyurem, and call it a new game?

Lazy bums. They're seriously being unoriginal now.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 am

Kitty wrote:
Wait.

Did nintendo just take the exact same pokemon, merge them with Kyurem, and call it a new game?

Lazy bums. They're seriously being unoriginal now.

To be fair, they're not entirely new pokemon. They're just new forms. Like how origin form Giratina is only slightly different from altered Giratina.

Hutch wrote:
You stared at them for half an hour...

Gel, perhaps its time you found a new series. Tribes, perhaps?
T'was a joke, and clearly a funny one at that. Some people have a problem recognizing when a response is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek (or, more likely, I'm just doing a bad job at communicating it in my post. But that makes for a pretty effective pseudo-trolling technique, so I'm gonna keep doing it)
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:19 am

Thank God you were joking.

]you still have to play the new tribes game, though
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
To be fair, they're not entirely new pokemon. They're just new forms. Like how origin form Giratina is only slightly different from altered Giratina.
And? That still doesn't explain Nintendo's lazyness here. In fact, it adds to the point I'm trying to make.

What did Pokemon Yellow feature that was different from Blue/Red/Green?
Pikachu, a different pokemon.

What did Pokemon Crystal feature that was different from Gold/Silver?
Suicune, a different pokemon.

What did Pokemon Emerald feature that was different from Ruby/Sapphire?
Rayquaza, a different pokemon.

What did Pokemon Plaitnum feature that was different from Diamond/Peal?
Giratina, a different pokemon.

What does this feature that is different from Black/White?
NOTHING

And seriously? Black 2 and White 2? Those had better be just the games alpha names.

Honestly, if this is just going to be Black or White with the only difference being those two new forms, I'm not paying for laziness.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:10 pm

I just got a friend to get me .nds files of black and white for me to use on my mod chip, if I can get it working. So I haven't played Black or White yet. Even then, I know that this is completely unoriginal, as far as the series has gone.

But at least adding numbers to the names is something relatively new to nintendo's strategies. I don't think they've ever done that to pokemon before, even if every other game developer has to their own franchises.

It's something for the hardcore fans, I would think. A fan who clings to the franchise unconditionally will celebrate the release of something as redundant as this with unparalleled zeal. I think that's who nintendo is trying to sell to because they guarantee sales, even if they would have better luck making something worthwhile that we can all justify buying.

Hopefully, the game sports new forms for other pokemon as well, that way it's worth a little more.

Just tossing my thoughts into the fray. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:00 am

Kitty wrote:
Gelatino95 wrote:
And? That still doesn't explain Nintendo's lazyness here. In fact, it adds to the point I'm trying to make.

What did Pokemon Yellow feature that was different from Blue/Red/Green?
Pikachu, a different pokemon.

What did Pokemon Crystal feature that was different from Gold/Silver?
Suicune, a different pokemon.

What did Pokemon Emerald feature that was different from Ruby/Sapphire?
Rayquaza, a different pokemon.

What did Pokemon Plaitnum feature that was different from Diamond/Peal?
Giratina, a different pokemon.

What does this feature that is different from Black/White?
NOTHING

And seriously? Black 2 and White 2? Those had better be just the games alpha names.

Honestly, if this is just going to be Black or White with the only difference being those two new forms, I'm not paying for laziness.

Lol, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you rant.

And I believe the reason for all these differences you notice (including the unoriginal name) is because these games are supposed to be sequels to Black and White, not third versions. That's certainly original, as Game Freak hasn't done anything like that before. If you picture it in your head, it makes sense that the sequels would have similar box art, hence the similar forms.

And I don't think Black 2 and White 2 are the beta names. It's on the poster. Who knows, maybe they'll come up with a different English name.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:14 am

Gel, here's the thing. Sequels continue a story AND add new content, you have to have both if you expect people to buy, not just one or the other. An Oxymoronic Icy Firedragon and a continued plot may be nice, but I'm not going too buy unless I get the story and actual new content.

Therefor, kitty's rant does make sense. A lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:57 am

In that case, I hope they release some new info. And there's still no confirmation that it'll be a sequel. Game Freak may very well crap out on us and give us a third version with no cool new box art pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 am

Gelatino95 wrote:

Lol, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you rant.

And I believe the reason for all these differences you notice (including the unoriginal name) is because these games are supposed to be sequels to Black and White, not third versions. That's certainly original, as Game Freak hasn't done anything like that before. If you picture it in your head, it makes sense that the sequels would have similar box art, hence the similar forms.

And I don't think Black 2 and White 2 are the beta names. It's on the poster. Who knows, maybe they'll come up with a different English name.
Lol all you want, if it makes you believe that Nintendo aren't being sellouts here. Not my problem, after all.

There's a problem with the Sequel argument. Because a loooong time ago when pokemon started out fresh, there was a sequel to Pokemon Blue/Red. Was it called Blue 2 or Red 2? No. It was called Pokemon Gold and Silver. And before you try to disprove this, remeber that the event in Gold/silver occur after the events in Red/Blue. Thus, it counts as a sequel. Simply labeling such games as "Black 2/White 2" is not only the most unoriginal way to introduce a sequel since the invention of cinematic media, it's suggesting that Nintendo just isn't even trying anymore. They just want to milk the Black/White franchise more.

Also, what? Sequels have similar box art?
Do you, like, play any other games besides Nintendo?
Or maybe, watch any movies? Or read any books?
Besides, Did the Gold/Sivler box art look anything like the Red/Blue box art?
So, No. It doesn't make sense. It just makes them look like they aren't trying to be original.

Face it bro, This game is not looking very promising from everything we've been shown so far.

Last edited by Kitty on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:15 am

One might say never to judge a book by its cover, and others may say that the reason we have book covers is to get information on the book and thus judge it accordingly.

Ultimately, we won't know who is right until the game comes out and we either play it or talk to someone who has. It may be a very original game wrapped in a very unoriginal box art, or it could be a very unoriginal game wrapped in a very unoriginal box art.

In my own opinion, however, I agree with Kitty. Nintendo seems to have stepped on a rake with an axe blade tied to the end by designing their next Pokemon game in this way. If this is indeed a sequel to Black/White (which of course it is), then it makes sense that the box art resembles its predecessor. Each pair of Pokemon games should be followed up by a mix between the two (as Kitty was nice enough to list), and they fell short on that. I'm also dismayed that there was no Crystal DS game to follow up HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Sequels tend to expand upon the gameplay aspect of their predecessor games along with the story. And because the gameplay formula of the Pokemon games has barely budged an inch in 15 years (excluding the new Pokemon, because they don't count as gameplay, and even less so for the new forms), then it would be better to call these games expansions of Black/White.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 pm

I agree with Kitty and Potato here, instead of a new sequel, we should get a new Pokemon mystery dungeon game!

...Anyone?
Back to top Go down
trembler95
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
trembler95

Upvotes: : 0
Location : I once stepped in a deep fryer then ate my foot. Guess which one was the mistake.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 pm

I don't care at all about the Black 2 and White 2, what I'm really looking forward to is the 3rd Gen remakes.

Or a third mystery dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2   Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2
Page 1 of 1