» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 4
Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:00 am

I laugh at your misfortune Hutch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:02 am

Hutch wrote:

Damn it.

I had a feeling someone would get magikarp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:10 am

Yay (?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 am

Hutch wrote:

Damn it.
I would trade for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Rerolled because Gel did and...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw yeeeeeeeeeeeah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
So I did a re-roll because I can.
Dark_potato57 wrote:
Rerolled because Gel did and...

You guys are dirty cheaters. I even said in the rules that you can't reroll.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Hutch wrote:

Damn it.

Ah yes, but when it evolves,

you'll be laughing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean1M
Pink Spice
Pink Spice

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:47 am

I got Mesprit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Kitty wrote:
You guys are dirty cheaters. I even said in the rules that you can't reroll.
Well I guess the people who follow the rules don't get second spirit pokemon then.

In fact, speaking of... reroll!

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH

Here's my list so far:

1. Rhyhorn
2. Wooper
3. Electivire

Quite fitting if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
Well I guess the people who follow the rules don't get second spirit pokemon then.

This ignorant rule-breaking reminds me of the "Your name the hedgehog game" thread I made.
Remeber what happened there, Gelo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:06 am

I clearly remember it myself. Gelo got curious thus ruining the game and got in trouble cause of it. He better not ruin this one to. :(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 am

Kitty wrote:
This ignorant rule-breaking reminds me of the "Your name the hedgehog game" thread I made.
Remeber what happened there, Gelo?
Good times are all I remember about that thread

And shouldn't I be allowed to reroll since you know what I got the first time? It's like using a chess board to play checkers. I'm playing the game a different way but with a similar premise.

In addition to this, I found this game quite similar to the Chinese zodiac, where people not only have an animal which symbolizes the astrological cycle they were born in, but also the approximate day and month. Perhaps I should put a cap on three spirit pokemon to keep with the theme.

PrincessNintendo wrote:
I clearly remember it myself. Gelo got curious thus ruining the game and got in trouble cause of it. He better not ruin this one to. :(
It happens to the best of us, I'm afraid

EDIT: also, in my defense, the OP says "Instructions" rather than "rules" implying that the guidelines listed in the OP are meant to explain the proper conduct of the game but do not necessarily exact any restrictions as rules do.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:54 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
EDIT: also, in my defense, the OP says "Instructions" rather than "rules" implying that the guidelines listed in the OP are meant to explain the proper conduct of the game but do not necessarily exact any restrictions as rules do.

Gelo, you seemed to have overlooked something. This is my thread.
My thread, MY RULES.

First off, Don't give me crap about why you should keep rolling. You can believe all you want that your "Chinese Zodiac" logic is relevant here.
Too bad it's not, huh? You have no excuse.

Oh, so you think fondly of your complete and utter disreguard for personal information? And you are appreciative of the fact that I had to lock the thread because of it?
Good to know. I'll remember to block you in advance when I ever make a new Forum Game thread.
Because that's, what, 2 of my threads you've ruined with your ignorance?

This was supposed to be a fun thread. And now you've completley disreguarded the whole point of it.
Nice.

Now if you can kindly either explain yourself or GTHO, I'll be happy.
If neither one takes you fancy, then I'm afraid I'll have to take down my own thread. Again.

EDIT: Lol, It's funny how everytime I flame someone for being ignorant, The comment gets downrated.
Butthurt much?

Last edited by Kitty on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skybubbles
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 0
Location : The Dark Side of the Moon (I need a light-bulb T ^ T)

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:54 am

For a while I just drew mushrooms with smiley faces, figures I get Foongus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AgentAG
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : -1
Location : Gone, except for the occasional post in the game night thread. Yay.

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Dear Gelo,

I hope you realise that you're being really, REALLY annoying, you're losing alot of respect from members of the GAC.

I also hope you could do us all a favor, by not being such a selfish jerk, growing up and ceasing to try to ruin people's threads.

Now you're probably laughing at my post with a trollface expression on your face, but oh well. People are what they are.

Last edited by AgentAG on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:

Oh dear Gelo. Instructions are things that you follow. You follow them for a reason.

Besides you shouldn't have to sift through the technicalities; the OP clearly states not to re-roll.

Maybe we should forget this topic and continue with the game now? (Before more arguing develops)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dory01
Pink Spice
Pink Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Alright, I'll play along...

Here's what I got:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://poharex.webs.com
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:52 am

Dory01 wrote:
Alright, I'll play along...

Here's what I got:

O_O
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:14 am

Thank you for your comments, everyone. I will try to get to each and every one of you in an orderly fashion. No pushing or shoving, please. There's enough of me to go around.

Kitty wrote:
Gelo, you seemed to have overlooked something. This is my thread.
My thread, MY RULES.
Your instructions, that is.

Kitty wrote:
First off, Don't give me crap about why you should keep rolling. You can believe all you want that your "Chinese Zodiac" logic is relevant here.
Too bad it's not, huh? You have no excuse.
My brain just makes these kinds of connections sometimes.

Kitty wrote:
Oh, so you think fondly of your complete and utter disreguard for personal information? And you are appreciative of the fact that I had to lock the thread because of it?
Good to know. I'll remember to block you in advance when I ever make a new Forum Game thread.
Because that's, what, 2 of my threads you've ruined with your ignorance?
That was old news and I deeply regret it. You can block me if you like. I sort of deserve it, amirite?

Kitty wrote:
This was supposed to be a fun thread. And now you've completley disreguarded the whole point of it.
Nice.
Eh, I thought it would be fun to have more than one pokemon. So by that logic, since the point of the thread is to be fun, then I wasn't exactly disregarding the point.

Kitty wrote:
Now if you can kindly either explain yourself or GTHO, I'll be happy.
If neither one takes you fancy, then I'm afraid I'll have to take down my own thread. Again.
If you take down this thread, that wouldn't be very fun. Wouldn't that be disregarding the whole point?

Kitty wrote:
EDIT: Lol, It's funny how everytime I flame someone for being ignorant, The comment gets downrated.
Butthurt much?
I swear it wasn't me

AgentAG wrote:
Dear Gelo,

I hope you realise that you're being really, REALLY annoying, you're losing alot of respect from members of the GAC.
That's an opinion, not a fact

AgentAG wrote:
I also hope you could do us all a favor, by not being such a selfish jerk, growing up and ceasing to try to ruin people's threads.
That's also an opinion

AgentAG wrote:
Now you're probably laughing at my post with a trollface expression on your face, but oh well. People are what they are.
This is actually pretty funny because I'm wearing a trollface shirt right now.

Epsilon wrote:
Oh dear Gelo. Instructions are things that you follow. You follow them for a reason.
Instructions are directions that indicate the correct use of something as deemed by the creator. It's possible to use things in a way that they weren't meant to be used. Like I used as an example previously, a chess board may have instructions on how to play, but you could disregard the instructions and instead use the pieces to play checkers.

Epsilon wrote:
Besides you shouldn't have to sift through the technicalities; the OP clearly states not to re-roll.
That's what it says in the instructions. I've already been over this.

Epsilon wrote:
Maybe we should forget this topic and continue with the game now? (Before more arguing develops)
Good idea. See, if you guys never called me out on such a minor infraction of the "rules" there would be no problem in the first place and we could still be having fun. So you're sort of "missing the whole point" as Kitty says.
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:54 am

I'll be brutally honest here, so excuse me for a moment.

First off, Gelo, Kitty... Just stop. Halt, desist, refrain, and freeze right now. This has gone far and long enough already. Let it drop. It's a damn forum game.

Now onto the part where I'm brutally honest. Ahem. I'd like to point out that directly on the OP of the thread, there are the instructions. Fair enough. The instructions are as follows:

- Go to random.org and put in the pokedex numbers
- Search for the Pokemon with the same ID number as the number genarated
- Only use the first number you get (NO REROLLS)
- Post the result

Note the third one: Only use the first number you get, and no rerolls. And that's fine and good. When Gelo rerolled, he broke the third instruction: No rerolls. Not only that, but he treated it as if the rerolls were his other Spirit Pokemon, and that's wrong. The way I see it, you get one Spirit Pokemon and one Spirit Pokemon only. Which one is it? The first one you roll. So boom, you get your Pokemon, and everything's good. The end. But what if you want to try again? The way I see it, you can try again, However, you cannot switch your spirit Pokemon, instead, you're left to explore what you would have gotten. This whole situation is like the ending to Amnesia: the Dark Descent. The ending you pick the first time is the true ending in your game. If you pick the Daniel ending, that's the canon ending for you. If you pick the Agrippa ending, again, that's canon to your game. If you retry and try to get a different ending, you're exploring what would happen if you played differently, as well as exploring alternate routes and universes.

This applies to the Spirit Pokemon. In conclusion, the first one you get, (as I've mentioned countless times before) is the one you get and the only one you get. You're free to try again, but your Spirit Pokemon cannot change. This is a complete win-win solution to our little issue we're having.

Thank you, now, can we get back on topic and discuss each other's Spirit Pokemon, or are we going to continue arguing? I, for one, vote for the first option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:56 am

Terwynd wrote:
Note the third one: Only use the first number you get, and no rerolls. And that's fine and good. When Gelo rerolled, he broke the third instruction: No rerolls. Not only that, but he treated it as if the rerolls were his other Spirit Pokemon, and that's wrong. The way I see it, you get one Spirit Pokemon and one Spirit Pokemon only. Which one is it? The first one you roll. So boom, you get your Pokemon, and everything's good. The end. But what if you want to try again? The way I see it, you can try again, However, you cannot switch your spirit Pokemon, instead, you're left to explore what you would have gotten. This whole situation is like the ending to Amnesia: the Dark Descent. The ending you pick the first time is the true ending in your game. If you pick the Daniel ending, that's the canon ending for you. If you pick the Agrippa ending, again, that's canon to your game. If you retry and try to get a different ending, you're exploring what would happen if you played differently, as well as exploring alternate routes and universes.
This is why I kept a list of the ones that I rolled

And I should say that I don't mean any ill-will to anybody. Kitty is just making it so easy to pick on her, like that guy in school who went crazy when I shined a laser pointer on his paper. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:38 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
And I should say that I don't mean any ill-will to anybody. Kitty is just making it so easy to pick on her, like that guy in school who went crazy when I shined a laser pointer on his paper. Good times.

That's funny.
Because after I joke about you guys being cheaters, you said this:
Gelatino95 wrote:
You knew what you were doing. But you didn't care.
Same with the sonic thread. You knew you were looking at information the others didn't want you to know. But you didn't care.

Though really, yuo guys are right. Lets drop this argument.
And hey, While I'm here, let's drop the entire thread.
Because hey, if no one really cares, why bother having fun? It's not like this thread wasn't already ruined.

Requesting a lock, please. I'm done with this crap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:52 am

'Twas fun while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:56 am

:(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:57 am

Kitty, I'll be honest: this whole thing between you and Gelo was an over-reaction on both sides, and could have been avoided had you let the issue drop when it first came up. I know they say "hindsight is always 20/20", but this is for future referance. As someone who has called out other people as being easy to annoy, you're looking a bit hypocritical.

Besides, it is/was a forum game, and games are supposed to be fun, as well as not taken seriously. Gelo's idea of fun is obviously a bit different, so as long as he doesn't go off the deep end in his 'fun', you shouldn't have any real issues to be complaining about.

None of this should be taken offensively, it is simply my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)   Today at 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Who's your Spirit Pokemon? (requesting a lock)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next