The Galactic Adventure Club
 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
by Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
by Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» my forum now
by Sean1M Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 pm

» Your very own art
by ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
by Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
by Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
by camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
by Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
by Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
by Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

» Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 
 

 "PIPA/SOPA"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1419
Upvotes: : 39
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 19
Location : Standing over Sargas Ruk's body.

PostSubject: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:18 am

Recently, it has come to my attention that there is something being brewed in the US senate that threatens the freedom of the internet as we know it. While it is currently only focused on the US, everyone should read this.

The following article can be found here: http://mindequalsblown.net/2011/11/a-brave-new-world-what-is-pipasopa-and-how-to-stop-it/

“These are unpleasant facts; I know it. But then most historical facts are unpleasant.”

Remember reading the sci-fi novel by Aldous Huxley, Brave New World? It was a slap to the face about what the government could be capable of doing. No longer is that far-stretched. Recently you may have read on Facebook or heard about the Congressional bill, “Stop Online Piracy Act” (or the Senate’s corresponding Protect IP Act). Comparing the bill’s power to Brave New World isn’t cliché when it’s the truth.

Shockingly, the names of these bills have nothing to do with protecting IP’s (which makes it sadly obvious they don’t know what IP’s are). Here is the non- legalized version of what the bill does:

-The US Department of Justice can obtain court orders against any Web site accused of facilitating or enabling copyright infringement.
-Actions could include barring online advertising networks or payment companies from doing business with the infringed Web site
-Internet service providers must block access to such sites
-Unauthorized streaming of copyright content is a felony
Breaking this down, this means that the US government can require an ad network like Google or a pay processor like PayPal to stop doing business with sites in question of infringement. The key word above was facilitate.

For example, a guy still rocking a swoop haircut uploads his shoddy cover of a Brand New song. Technically, this is copyright infringement because he doesn’t own it; he and the band know this but usually both parties don’t care. This is already covered by the law (duh). If a band asks YouTube to take it down, it can be done. Now, under SOPA/PIPA not only is the guy charged with a serious penalty, but so is YouTube.

Now YouTube is hosting and facilitating copyrighted content. Not only can the government bar search engines from displaying links to the sites, but they can actually block access to the site.
Simply put, China does this.

To put a cherry on top, this is a felony – a higher punishment than most drug, disorderly conduct, or reckless driving cases. Streaming illegal content in the law’s eyes is on the same platform as murder.

There are immediate effects in the music community as well. A point brought up on Gumshoe Radio, hosted by Bayside’s Anthony Raneri and Nick Ghanbarian, is that the Internet is the Wild West. Yes, it is – that’s the beauty. But bands are already protected by a simple moral law: don’t steal. Most are in agreement that you shouldn’t steal music because then bands can’t put food into their stomachs (try making another record or touring). We don’t need another extra law, let alone one this stringent.

Quickly, this becomes a First Amendment problem. The Act contradicts parallel laws existing in the journalism and blog world. It is court-ruled that an online newspaper organization or a general forum is not responsible for the words posted by in comments (obviously illegal threats aren’t tolerated and many sites police their own). Most people also agree that there is speech they don’t like (such as the Westboro jerks or the band Attila), but they have the right to say whatever they want.

And so do I. Unfortunately the government does just believe the Internet “is a series of tubes.” Let’s tell them it’s not.

Here is a petition that takes 10 seconds to fill out that says you oppose the bill.

Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) plans to filibuster the bill by reading the names of the legislation’s opponents. More than 50,000 Americans already pledged to have their name read by him – you can too here.

A letter from the Senator’s office today reads, “It is my hope that – with your help – my colleagues in Congress will realize that PIPA/SOPA are the wrong way to protect intellectual property because the price they exact on the Internet is too high.”

More links:

A simple explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDX8Lyl16Qs&feature=BFa&list=PL3B0BF0172B7D9BD2&lf=plpp_play_all

Mozilla's take: https://donate.mozilla.org/page/s/commit-to-call-pipa?source=fb-share

Post here to let me know if you have any more information about SOPA/PIPA, or if you have any more helpful links, and I'll add them to this post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3501
Upvotes: : 9
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 20
Location : Dinosaur Planet

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:49 am

So far, I haven't found anything about this that concerns me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1419
Upvotes: : 39
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 19
Location : Standing over Sargas Ruk's body.

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:08 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
So far, I haven't found anything about this that concerns me.
I'm not trying to make a huge deal about this, but I think the implications about this would be much more obvious if it ended up making it through. Websites such as this forum could easily be taken down if there were some copyright issues just hinted at. You look in the "What are your favorite youtube videos?" thread, there are easily several accounts of loose copyright misuse in several of the videos that could be overstated by the government.

Tell me if I'm missing something, but I think that AT LEAST calls for some concern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:14 am

The government is trying this again? Didint they already try this twice this year?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:18 am

Oh, okay. US senate.
Not Australian Government. Cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 587
Upvotes: : 16
Join date : 2011-06-18
Age : 18
Location : Somewhere out there

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:21 am

Kitty wrote:
Oh, okay. US senate.
Not Australian Government. We're cool.
Darn you Australiens, escaping the stupidity of our government *Shakes fist angrily at Kitty*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1419
Upvotes: : 39
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 19
Location : Standing over Sargas Ruk's body.

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 am

Drew wrote:
The government is trying this again? Didint they already try this twice this year?
I do seem to remember them trying this before. Just that is another reason for concern. They obviously see something that they can do to gain power, and are trying multiple times and multiple ways to obtain said power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:18 am

Kitty wrote:
Oh, okay. US senate.
Not Australian Government. Cool.

Yeah well if the US owns ..say Google and Youtube.. these bills apply to everyone who uses Youtube and Google. Because they are owned under the US and each other. So basically this is a world wide effect should this actually be passed. This is the case with every other internet bill from the US.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:52 am

Drew wrote:
Yeah well if the US owns ..say Google and Youtube.. these bills apply to everyone who uses Youtube and Google. Because they are owned under the US and each other. So basically this is a world wide effect should this actually be passed. This is the case with every other internet bill from the US.
Really, by looking at the fact that almost everyone (including Deviantart, Firefox, etc.) are against it, it's not going to pass anyway.
Like, that one bill that was brought up quite a few months ago about banning Let's Plays for copyright reasoning.
Did anything happen after it was posted for all to see?
Besides, even if they do own everything, they can't censor the entire internet. People will find ways around it.
Also, at least our government doesn't think pizza is a vegetable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-NOX-
Green Spice
Green Spice


Posts : 340
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 18
Location : Wouldn't you like to know...

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 am

Not if the government goes to trollzrus.com and offers all the trolls ten bucks to report copyright. That would mean 95% of the Internet would be against us. It would be like a zombie apocalypse. exited!


Last edited by -NOX- on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 am

Someone needs to tell the government that they can solve all their problems by deleting system 32.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1419
Upvotes: : 39
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 19
Location : Standing over Sargas Ruk's body.

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 pm

-NOX- wrote:
Not if the government goes to trollzrus.com and offers all the trolls ten bucks to report copyright. That would mean 95% of the Internet would be against us. It would be like a zombie apocalypse. exited!
Heh, I like that analogy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Kitty wrote:
Drew wrote:
Yeah well if the US owns ..say Google and Youtube.. these bills apply to everyone who uses Youtube and Google. Because they are owned under the US and each other. So basically this is a world wide effect should this actually be passed. This is the case with every other internet bill from the US.
Really, by looking at the fact that almost everyone (including Deviantart, Firefox, etc.) are against it, it's not going to pass anyway.
Like, that one bill that was brought up quite a few months ago about banning Let's Plays for copyright reasoning.
Did anything happen after it was posted for all to see?
Besides, even if they do own everything, they can't censor the entire internet. People will find ways around it.
Also, at least our government doesn't think pizza is a vegetable.

Don't generalize, that is our school system. The rest of our government is just incompetent.

This is just another poorly written bill by a bunch of old guys in our government who have no idea how the internet works, to be entirely honest. It's not going to fly, of course. But the most annoying thing was that Tumblr decided that they needed to censor my blog in support of burning this bill. Without my permission, of course, and I can't go ten seconds without it being shoved in my face everywhere else.

Seriously, I signed the petition. Go away.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1419
Upvotes: : 39
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 19
Location : Standing over Sargas Ruk's body.

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Alright, so apparently we have Senator Ron Wyden to thank for this bill not coming up sooner (or maybe it has come up before...). Six months ago, he pushed the PIPA bill onto hold, resulting in it only coming up six months from then.

Also, a video from Wyden.



It's also really hilarious how it sounds like he has an accent in the first five seconds, then he doesn't have the accent for the rest of the video. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:30 am

I aplogise for bumping this thread with a subject you guys are probably aware of, but this is kinda starting to annoy the crap outta me, so TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME

So I was talking to my friend on Skype, where she mentions that she hasn't played minecraft for a while. I suggest we play on my server, but it's outdated, so I go check Minecraft.net.

It was blacked out with a message mentioning SOPA/PIPA on it. Both confused and annoyed, I decide to check Wikipedia for info on what was happening now.

It was down too.

Not really surprised by this, though left with nothing to do, we decide to check other sites.
Reddit. Nope.
VGcats? Nope.
Yogscast.com? Nope.

While you're probably about to reply saying "The hell Kitty, It's only for a day" Well, The thing that bothers me isn't the fact that my internets are cut short (Well, okay, it is mostly) But the thing that really bothers me about it is, really, is this necessary? These "protests" are starting to look a lot like the #occupywallstreet protests that happened last year. As in, it's a subject that's been around for ages and people only fight back by suddenly drawing HUGE amounts of attention to something, which at the same time, annoyed the crap out of the other people (No, I'm not talking about the 1%, I'm talking aboout the people who didn't acually care about this whole thing). Surely there are better ways to advertise such things?

/rant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 747
Upvotes: : 10
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 21
Location : Depends on where I am at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:55 am



Kitty wrote:
I aplogise for bumping this thread with a subject you guys are probably aware of, but this is kinda starting to annoy the crap outta me, so TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME

So I was talking to my friend on Skype, where she mentions that she hasn't played minecraft for a while. I suggest we play on my server, but it's outdated, so I go check Minecraft.net.

It was blacked out with a message mentioning SOPA/PIPA on it. Both confused and annoyed, I decide to check Wikipedia for info on what was happening now.

It was down too.

Not really surprised by this, though left with nothing to do, we decide to check other sites.
Reddit. Nope.
VGcats? Nope.
Yogscast.com? Nope.

While you're probably about to reply saying "The hell Kitty, It's only for a day" Well, The thing that bothers me isn't the fact that my internets are cut short (Well, okay, it is mostly) But the thing that really bothers me about it is, really, is this necessary? These "protests" are starting to look a lot like the #occupywallstreet protests that happened last year. As in, it's a subject that's been around for ages and people only fight back by suddenly drawing HUGE amounts of attention to something, which at the same time, annoyed the crap out of the other people (No, I'm not talking about the 1%, I'm talking aboout the people who didn't acually care about this whole thing). Surely there are better ways to advertise such things?

/rant

I don't know about those others, but you can still access Wikipedia using a mobile device.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:42 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
I don't know about those others, but you can still access Wikipedia using a mobile device.
That's not the point.

The point is that this is not a good way to fight back. At all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 587
Upvotes: : 16
Join date : 2011-06-18
Age : 18
Location : Somewhere out there

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:04 am

Kitty wrote:
Mitchz95 wrote:
I don't know about those others, but you can still access Wikipedia using a mobile device.
That's not the point.

The point is that this is not a good way to fight back. At all.

The main point of the protest is to show what will become of the internet if the bill is passed.

It also raises awarness of the bill for those who don't know about it. These people will most likely sign a petition against it, showing that pretty much no one supports the bill.
Also the last time I checked Minecraft.net had a red background...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 am

Darkshadow wrote:
The main point of the protest is to show what will become of the internet if the bill is passed.

It also raises awarness of the bill for those who don't know about it. These people will most likely sign a petition against it, showing that pretty much no one supports the bill.
So 4Chan blacking out every bit of text in their message boards is what will happen after the bill passes. Got it.

There are people who don't know about it? Doesn't, like, anyone who uses the internet know about it by now?
This isn't a new issue.
Eh, I guess if some people want to live under rocks, fine by me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 am

Because actions speak louder than words, kitty. Wikipedia going down is a huge score, because It's just going to get more people informed and rally more support. This protest isn't just protesting the bills themselves, it's getting more people to know about it and fight back against it. People can be extremely ignorant at times, this is one of the best ways to inform them.

I'll be heading down to DC tomorrow to talk to my senator or someone who works with him. I don't know if my voice will be heard at all, but I'll sure as hell try my best.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 am

Hutch wrote:
I'll be heading down to DC tomorrow to talk to my senator or someone who works with him. I don't know if my voice will be heard at all, but I'll sure as hell try my best.

Good for you, Hutch.

Any Kitty, the wikipedia shut down isn't useless, it raises more awareness than just saying what will happen, instead they show what will become of the internet. (Btw, Minecraft.net is down too)

And a lot of what comes from this bill is taxing and getting to continuously pound places like youtube for money, which seems to be the only thing that matters to the government now (A bit exageratory, but you get it), more important than the lives of animals or the environment. My parents voted no on PIPA/SOPA

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:50 am

Hutch wrote:
Because actions speak louder than words, kitty. Wikipedia going down is a huge score, because It's just going to get more people informed and rally more support.
I only have one problem with this argument, and that is (and I'm probably going to get a lot of crap about this argument) taking down a site full of words and instead putting up other words about how you should sign their words with your words. Because although taking down Wikipedia would be an action, it's just more words. They were doing fine with all the advertising words about it, what is the point of taking down a site to put up more words?

And before you say "But Kitty, Reddit posted a lot more than just some words, they acually have a lot of info about it". That's because they're doing it right. Wikipedia, I know this is all very important to you, but for god's sake, if you're going to black out your entire site, at least put some effort into it. Putting a "Learn more" link at the bottom isn't going to cut it. I want more effort. Not too many people use Reddit, and they're doing a much better job at advising people about it than you.

I apologise if I sound harsh here, and I wish you all the very best of getting yourself heard.

Lazernugget wrote:
Any Kitty, the wikipedia shut down isn't useless, it raises more awareness than just saying what will happen, instead they show what will become of the internet. (Btw, Minecraft.net is down too)

Uh, I kinda noticed Minecraft.net is down, hence me posting it in my first argument.

And are you saying that the stuff they posted before about this whole this whole this wasn't effective?
There are other ways of advertising this. This is not a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 am

Kitty, you're looking at this from the perspective of someone who has been kepping informed, I can't say the same thing about the U.S.. For Americans, very often the only way to get them to do something is to do something like this. A good chunk of my countries population are bumbling Morons who would rather see big, pretty pictures rather than read a well thought out article. Stuff like this is often the only way to get them informed and against the legislation.

They're targeting a very large demographic, which happens to be a collection of stupid and ignorant people. It's annoying for people who have been following it and staying informed, but it's important that we get more people on our side as the day Congress votes on this piece of trash.

Luckily, Obama said he would veto it if it did land on his desk. But I can't say I believe him.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 am

Hutch wrote:
Kitty, you're looking at this from the perspective of someone who has been kepping informed, I can't say the same thing about the U.S.. For Americans, very often the only way to get them to do something is to do something like this. A good chunk of my countries population are bumbling Morons who would rather see big, pretty pictures rather than read a well thought out article. Stuff like this is often the only way to get them informed and against the legislation.

They're targeting a very large demographic, which happens to be a collection of stupid and ignorant people. It's annoying for people who have been following it and staying informed, but it's important that we get more people on our side as the day Congress votes on this piece of trash.

Acually, no, I haven't been informed much about his at all. I'm not even sure why this subject came up again all of the sudden. This has barely been discussed or advertised at all outside of the internet, let alone outside of the US. Which is something that they could do much better, because y'know, there are other people who care about the internet outside of the US. #occupybaystreet, #occupybankofengland and #occupymartinplace anyone??

Besides, not everyone in the world is a lazy**s moron. I know you weren't implying that at all, but it has to be said.

Really guys, you aren't changing my opinion anytime soon. I'm sorry, but I'm quite convinced that this whole thing (The bill itself, the ones behind it, the blackout) is a load of bull.


done :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:51 am

If its passed its just going to come back and bite the private industries in their rear. Its irony at its best. They are trying to loose less money, but if its put into effect it CAN shut down money making giants that make a significant amount of profit. Effectively cutting more wounds into the body of American economics thats already been butchered by everything. Its not so much my favorite sites going down as it is a violation of what this country was based on. If they can control corporations, if they can control how we spend our time on the internet, if they control everything else, they can control the people.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   Today at 3:14 pm

Back to top Go down
 
"PIPA/SOPA"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» "PIPA/SOPA"
» ACTA, SOPA and PIPA
» Help Destroy SOPA 2013
» Then I Took An Arrow To The Knee
» SOPA IS TRYING TO PASS AGAIN!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: