The Galactic Adventure Club
 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
by Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
by Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» my forum now
by Sean1M Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 pm

» Your very own art
by ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
by Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
by Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
by camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
by Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
by Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
by Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

» Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 
 

 Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 936
Upvotes: : 3
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Texas, the Greatest Country in the World

PostSubject: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Here is a samll disccusion thread for machines you have made, desighned, or perfected. It can be aynthing from a simple cobbletone genarator or a complex piston contraption. You may provide pictures, links, vids, ect. You can also ask for help on desighns and give constructive criticism.
Pretty much just redstone disccusion.
and BTW, does anyone have a good desighn for a self-reloading cannon?



-DarkStar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:10 pm

DarkStar wrote:
Here is a samll disccusion thread for machines you have made, desighned, or perfected. It can be aynthing from a simple cobbletone genarator or a complex piston contraption. You may provide pictures, links, vids, ect. You can also ask for help on desighns and give constructive criticism.
Pretty much just redstone disccusion.
and BTW, does anyone have a good desighn for a self-reloading cannon?



-DarkStar

Considering how quirky redstone can be, especially repeaters, autocannons are generally unreliable, and prone to misfires and premature booster explosions, or late payload explosions can easily destroy your work if you're not careful. Make sure you have a "Kill switch" that stops the payload and booster lines IMMEDIATELY (Normally something that activates every repeater in a clock, so it can't cycle. Or have a piston that disconnects the wire that connects the clock to the pistons. However, if you want to try, make a piston line (8 blocks wide is standard cannon length. Gives you the most power) And use sand after all your TNT is placed, a huge tower of sand is unsightly, but it falls into the receiving area, that then pushes the additional TNT payload blocks. Be VERY careful though, TNT can get jammed in strange places and blow the entire thing up if you're not careful.

It requires a lot of work, and make sure to start simple. Make the actual auto-cannon before you start adding fancy stuff and aesthetics. I've learned that the hard way.

Also, self rebuilding walls are the best thing ever. I hope you know that.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 177
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 20
Location : Well, if i were to tell you that i was a Quantum Particle, and that i know exactly my speed then that would make my location incredibly uncertain, and lying anywhere within a range of differing values, none of which can be confirmed without interfering with my unpredictable quantum state. Bet you wish you didn't ask now.

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:08 pm

By a self reloading cannon, do you mean a semi-automatic, because that is not hard, just a spring loaded clip, a system that resets the firing pin and, other thing whose name i can't remember which just strips ammo from the clip, and pushes them out of the way so another bullet automatically enters the chamber above the clip, to be stripped and pushed into the breech/firing chamber.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:34 am

I have NO idea how to use redstone. I can only make torches and music boxes. The most complicated non-crafting thing I've made is an incinerator that's very "glitchy".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 913
Upvotes: : 1
Join date : 2010-08-29
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 am

I still don't have MC, but I have a basic idea of how Redstone works. I was thinking, has anybody thought of making a vat of lava (instead of boiling oil like in reality) over your castle that would have an Iron Door that would be triggered by a switch? Then the oil (or lava in this case) would be dumped onto any intruders.


If I said that in some way that you didn't understand, I can re-word it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:03 am

Ionjii1026 wrote:
By a self reloading cannon, do you mean a semi-automatic, because that is not hard, just a spring loaded clip, a system that resets the firing pin and, other thing whose name i can't remember which just strips ammo from the clip, and pushes them out of the way so another bullet automatically enters the chamber above the clip, to be stripped and pushed into the breech/firing chamber.


Wait. what?

Are you sure you're talking about the right game? I've never heard any kind of terminology like this used in Minecraft Cannon development.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 913
Upvotes: : 1
Join date : 2010-08-29
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Well, it's not based of MC, it's based off true history. :/ Medieval kings would hang pots of boiling oil over the entrances of forts, and then when intruders would approach they'd pour the oil all over them. I was asking if it'd be possible to do the same thing in Minecraft but with Lava instead of Oil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 177
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 20
Location : Well, if i were to tell you that i was a Quantum Particle, and that i know exactly my speed then that would make my location incredibly uncertain, and lying anywhere within a range of differing values, none of which can be confirmed without interfering with my unpredictable quantum state. Bet you wish you didn't ask now.

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:59 pm

The big Boss wrote:
Ionjii1026 wrote:
By a self reloading cannon, do you mean a semi-automatic, because that is not hard, just a spring loaded clip, a system that resets the firing pin and, other thing whose name i can't remember which just strips ammo from the clip, and pushes them out of the way so another bullet automatically enters the chamber above the clip, to be stripped and pushed into the breech/firing chamber.


Wait. what?

Are you sure you're talking about the right game? I've never heard any kind of terminology like this used in Minecraft Cannon development.

face plam I was talking about real life, my bad, didn't realise this thread was pretty much solely for MC, which i don't have :(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Today at 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» $hacaR's stuff :D
» Wierd as hell diorama stuff...
» Stuff fur Stuff problem
» Check out these new exciting stuff in Build-A-Bearville! 8)
» Selling 40k Orks and Gorkamorka stuff

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: Gaming :: Minecraft-
Jump to: