GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Here is a samll disccusion thread for machines you have made, desighned, or perfected. It can be aynthing from a simple cobbletone genarator or a complex piston contraption. You may provide pictures, links, vids, ect. You can also ask for help on desighns and give constructive criticism.
Pretty much just redstone disccusion.
and BTW, does anyone have a good desighn for a self-reloading cannon?

-DarkStar
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:10 pm

DarkStar wrote:
Here is a samll disccusion thread for machines you have made, desighned, or perfected. It can be aynthing from a simple cobbletone genarator or a complex piston contraption. You may provide pictures, links, vids, ect. You can also ask for help on desighns and give constructive criticism.
Pretty much just redstone disccusion.
and BTW, does anyone have a good desighn for a self-reloading cannon?

-DarkStar

Considering how quirky redstone can be, especially repeaters, autocannons are generally unreliable, and prone to misfires and premature booster explosions, or late payload explosions can easily destroy your work if you're not careful. Make sure you have a "Kill switch" that stops the payload and booster lines IMMEDIATELY (Normally something that activates every repeater in a clock, so it can't cycle. Or have a piston that disconnects the wire that connects the clock to the pistons. However, if you want to try, make a piston line (8 blocks wide is standard cannon length. Gives you the most power) And use sand after all your TNT is placed, a huge tower of sand is unsightly, but it falls into the receiving area, that then pushes the additional TNT payload blocks. Be VERY careful though, TNT can get jammed in strange places and blow the entire thing up if you're not careful.

It requires a lot of work, and make sure to start simple. Make the actual auto-cannon before you start adding fancy stuff and aesthetics. I've learned that the hard way.

Also, self rebuilding walls are the best thing ever. I hope you know that.
Back to top Go down
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Ionjii1026

Upvotes: : 6
Location : Well, if i were to tell you that i was a Quantum Particle, and that i know exactly my speed then that would make my location incredibly uncertain, and lying anywhere within a range of differing values, none of which can be confirmed without interfering with my unpredictable quantum state. Bet you wish you didn't ask now.

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:08 pm

By a self reloading cannon, do you mean a semi-automatic, because that is not hard, just a spring loaded clip, a system that resets the firing pin and, other thing whose name i can't remember which just strips ammo from the clip, and pushes them out of the way so another bullet automatically enters the chamber above the clip, to be stripped and pushed into the breech/firing chamber.

Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:34 am

I have NO idea how to use redstone. I can only make torches and music boxes. The most complicated non-crafting thing I've made is an incinerator that's very "glitchy".
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 am

I still don't have MC, but I have a basic idea of how Redstone works. I was thinking, has anybody thought of making a vat of lava (instead of boiling oil like in reality) over your castle that would have an Iron Door that would be triggered by a switch? Then the oil (or lava in this case) would be dumped onto any intruders.

If I said that in some way that you didn't understand, I can re-word it.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:03 am

Ionjii1026 wrote:
By a self reloading cannon, do you mean a semi-automatic, because that is not hard, just a spring loaded clip, a system that resets the firing pin and, other thing whose name i can't remember which just strips ammo from the clip, and pushes them out of the way so another bullet automatically enters the chamber above the clip, to be stripped and pushed into the breech/firing chamber.

Wait. what?

Are you sure you're talking about the right game? I've never heard any kind of terminology like this used in Minecraft Cannon development.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Well, it's not based of MC, it's based off true history. :/ Medieval kings would hang pots of boiling oil over the entrances of forts, and then when intruders would approach they'd pour the oil all over them. I was asking if it'd be possible to do the same thing in Minecraft but with Lava instead of Oil.
Back to top Go down
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Ionjii1026

Location : Well, if i were to tell you that i was a Quantum Particle, and that i know exactly my speed then that would make my location incredibly uncertain, and lying anywhere within a range of differing values, none of which can be confirmed without interfering with my unpredictable quantum state. Bet you wish you didn't ask now.

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:59 pm

The big Boss wrote:
Ionjii1026 wrote:

Wait. what?

Are you sure you're talking about the right game? I've never heard any kind of terminology like this used in Minecraft Cannon development.

face plam I was talking about real life, my bad, didn't realise this thread was pretty much solely for MC, which i don't have :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff   Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Machines, Genatrators, and Redstone Stuff
Page 1 of 1