» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

» Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:13 am

My hand buzzed very badly, and the plasma leak, which rendered the Subspace engines useless, was radiating the room. Everything got dizzy and I squeaked: "Take...That..." Right before I passed out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:19 am

"Meatbag piloting the ship, meatbag fixing the engine...why weren't there other robots hanging about this place? After all, I suppose I been manufactured by machines making machines, and knew little of these organic lifeforms...but still, they knew relatively little about fixing machines and controlling them. Alas, though, no time to ponder in the philosophical nor practical realm. Now was the time to act."

Ion swept through the air with grace, a light humming sound following him. As he cruised through the interior of the Lacuna. Turning the corner, a fellow machine hovered a few feet of the ground. To be precise, 4.56', but that was of little relevance. It was a gaudy contraption of silver, mirroring it's surroundings.

Ah, well, though this newcomer may be a supercilious, gaudy contraption, at least it's not another organic life form...finally, something I can relate to. But...something about it is striking me as being rather outlandish, rather strange, as if...

Zargon's message arrived just in time, cracking over the communications line. The silver orb was a treacherous, prissy "Military" contraption.

What kind of sissy military or police force would make something so aesthetically pleasing?
Regardless, though, this sissy orb might pack a powerful punch under that thin shell. Ion raised his third and second optics crosshair to the center of the opposing orb, the third catching the arrival of another orb. Training his carbine on the opposing Orb, swiveling to aim directly at the optics center, Ion set off a cartridge, propelling a bolt towards his foe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
Delta
Admin

Upvotes: : 82

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:34 am

The shields on the probe absorbed most of the blast's penetrating power, but not enough to stop its primary optical lens from cracking, rendering it useless.

The robots' basic AI identified a change in mission parameters: their targets were aided by at least one armed robotic counterpart. Droid-disabling subroutines were enabled on both of the remaining probes.

"Ion!" Kwa shouted from the cockpit, where she was aiding Xol with navigating the turbulent atmospheric conditions outside as they rose through the storm, "watch your fire! Everyone's as good as dead if we suffer a hull breach!"

The probe with the cracked lens attempted to strafe left in anticipation of another attack, but with only its secondary sensors to work with managed only a clumsy ricochet off a wall. Nevertheless, its targeting systems identified the hostile AI and launched an electro-magnetic-pulse slug at Ion: designed to emit an EMP attack on a hit, disabling all electronics within a meter of its point of impact.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:50 am

I believe the word for this situation starts with an s, ends with a t, though it may be rather offensive to these organic forms aboard this vessel.

Ion's Optics trained on the EMP, tracking it's lighting fast progress forwards. Blasting full on to the right, Ion swerved past the EMP, though the side of the bolt whipped past his outer shell, charring his insides. Inside, everything was swirling, spinning, sparking, flashing in and out.

Well, this is the feeling some might deem insanity, or mindless wandering due to intense pain or incapacitation. But...I can't hold out...my circuts are melting...smoking...though I may regret to enlist the help of these organic lifeforms...desperate times call for desperate needs.
In a loud, metallic voice, Ion called out for help, watching the silver orbs grow closer...and closer -

...and then all went black.
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Hitcam, still shaken up by the stun baton attack the lieutenant hit him with, was unaware of the probes traveling the ship until he caught a glimpse of the body of Quark through a doorway. He then heard out from the ringing in his ears, a small EMP detonation followed by cracks of metal and glass... He loaded his pistol and hid in a nearby bathroom stall to recuperate until he could fight this new threat again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Hearing the commotion in the back, Xol gave the wheel to Kwa and looked at his wristwatch, the trigger and systems readout for his stealth module. Xvakti, still two minutes until fully charged. Xvak til Til'ack...

No shots for fear of a hull breach. Half the crew down for the count. One probe operational, one malfunctioning. This was an impossible maneuver.

Then it hit him: the circuit boards.

Xol dug through his backpack and pulled out the circuit boards he had swiped earlier, as well as two spare plasma cartridges for his pistols. The circuits were covered with wires, perfect. Hiding behind a box, he frantically tore wires off, connected them to the cartridges, and reconnected them to to the boards. Kwa looked back at him from the cockpit, but Xol was in too much of a hurry to care what she thought. After a few more tweaks and pulls, Xol began slinking into the back of the ship, improvised low-power explosive in hand. When the probe was in range, Xol sprinted forward and attempted to slide under the probe and attach the explosive to its underside.

((If you're wondering about the circuit boards, look at my first post on Page 1.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:42 pm

Xol completed his maneuver before either probe could react -- as soon as the circuit boards made contact with the undamaged probe's casing, there was a loud crackle as its energy shield discharged an electrical pulse into his device.

The plasma cartridges exploded instantly in Xol's hands -- a flare of glaring blue light sending the probe spinning to the other side of the room, its surface scorched and ruptured. Sparks could be seen through cracks in the metal as it hit the deck heavily.

As the droid with the cracked lens swung around and fired its tazer in Xol's general direction, the battered and misshapen sphere had just enough energy to start up its internal auto-repair sequence -- in around a minute it would have enough of its systems back online to re-enter the fray, though many of its functions were permanently crippled. For now it was completely immobile.

Kwa was having trouble in the cockpit. She was a fair pilot by all means, having spent years flying solo across the galaxy, but there was a good reason why the Coalition drop-ship hadn't followed them: the intensity of the storm, now that the weather regulators on the planet's surface had collapsed, was immense, and the whole ship rocked with the turbulence. They were almost clear of the storm now... almost...

((Please remember to specify which of the probes you are attacking, guys. Happy.))

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:44 pm

The tazer impacted inches from where Xol had stopped sliding, in a pile of boxes. He looked at his hands. Thank goodness, that's not too bad. Mild burns, a few scratches, but mostly unharmed. Picking himself up, he drew one of his plasma pistols and ran to where the mangled probe was repairing itself. He put the end of his gun to the probe's center eye and fired twice.
Back to top Go down
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice

Upvotes: : 0
Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:20 am

Zalgon was out of non-lethal toxin, though it didn't really matter it would've had no effect anyway, he tried to go at the drone with his arm weapons

Last edited by Shadow99 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:42 am

((Shadow, I'm sorry but that's not how combat is supposed to work: take another look at the rules in the OOC and some of the posts above for a guide. Happy. Your post is officially disregarded until you edit it or make a new post, assuming someone else decides to post before you edit -- I'll be on the chatbox for a bit if you want more help.

EDIT: That's better, thank you. Happy.))

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:54 am

Hitcam's head was still pounding a little, but he could survive it. He opened the bathroom door and unsheathed his longsword, ready to kill anyone or anything invading the ship as he walked slowly down the hallway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:06 am

Xol's shots finished off the downed probe -- the sparks and sounds from inside its ruptured shell died away instantly, leaving the unit silent and still.

Zalgon's left electric blade met the one remaining probe in a shower of sparks -- its energy shields sent their own electric shock back down his blade to the arm it was attached to, and in turn the probe was knocked across the living area by the attack. In fact, it was sent flying out into the narrow corridor that connected with the ship's cabins -- right towards Hitcam's face.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the corridor, the door to Dagon's small cabin was open, and out of it came the sounds of frenzied rustling as he searched through his belongings in the room's half light: "Come on, come on! It has to be here..."

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:12 am

Hitcam was shocked and proceeded to swing his longsword upwards in an attempt to bisect the drone that was flying towards him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:22 am

When I woke up, I was on the floor, head throbbing, bleeding, and totally radiated. I scrambled to the radioactive-depletion stations, and fainted again.

When I woke up then, I felt a bit better, and scrambled to the engineering controls. I did an emergency cut off the the leaking plasma graviton coil, and attempted to level the subspace drive fields. "Have you blown up those idiotic probes yet? If so, we're almost ready to jump to subspace drive, or, more commonly known as hyperspace, or warp travel, for those of you who want to know." I sighed through the com. "Oh and we're gonna need a serious pit stop too." I said, just because I was bored and was eager to get a chance to begin my awesome new ship re-models. 'I wonder where I can steal- I mean find find temporal synchronized atom relays...and terronite...and quadrozenite...and literally TONS of Neutronium alloys..Eh, well those where just the tip of my shopping list.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:27 am

Hitcam's attack had power behind it, but his surprise and the drone's erratic movement put his aim off by several inches: his blade sliced through the plating on one side, spilling sparking wires from its underside -- the sphere's shields were momentarily fried after its contact with Zalgon's weapon, and as a result Hitcam managed to avoid being electrocuted.

Now with both a hole in its side and a cracked primary optical lens, the probe swiftly backed off out of arm's reach and fired its tazer at Hitcam.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 4
Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:36 am

Come on, come on. Naboo9 thought as he watched the battle through the scope of his sniper rifle. Hitcam's attack left the Drone preoccupied. Aiming at the gash on it's side he pulled the trigger, causing a blast of plasma to blaze from the end of the rifle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice

Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:40 am

"Is that all of them?" Zalgon asked through the com, not noticing the silver sphere behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:46 am

His sword, although missed, rebounded and attempted to shoot the robot James Bond Style with his 500 Smith & Wesson. Only one problem, the tazer latched onto his gun and shocked him pretty bad. There is, however, a slim chance that Hitcam fired his pistol before the tazer actually affected the muscular movement of pulling the trigger, if this happened, the bullet would destroy the tazer and blast a rather long hole into the drone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:55 am

Xol holstered his pistol and headed back to the cockpit, leaving the rest to the others.

"Alright Kwa, how are we doing getting out of this storm?"
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:02 am

Ion's deactivated corpse rolled out from the Lacuna dropping into the buffeting sandstorm below, into the C.L.E.U. search and raid party. The small, dark metallic frame hurtled down through the air, landing with a light *poof* in the sand, the frame undamaged. A small spark flew from the rattled innards of Ion. For a moment, silence, then a slight hum, and the optics flickered.

I'm...alive...or, something but...

The optics shuttered back, powering down. The hum stopped. But the electronic signal radiating from Ion's alarm system was picked up miles away...quick footsteps approached, growing louder and louder, softly padding in the sand. The figure halted in front of Ion's metal frame. It raised it's wrist, focusing it's gaze on the charred mercenary's frame. Holding down a small silver button on the wristplate, he spoke softly, clearly, slowly.

"Squad 59 Officer to CLEU dropship, I have a incapacitated merc in my possession. I repeat, we have one of them."

Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:10 am

The final drone exploded, falling to the deck with a resounding clang following the blast. Later there would be virtually no way to tell whose shot was the killing stroke, but either way Naboo's round continued on past, or through, and hit a bulkhead behind Hitcam. A few centimeters further left it would have blown right through a less-well-armoured part of the hull and decompressed the entire ship. He was lucky.

Kwa spared Xol a glance as he joined her in the cockpit once more: "We're almost clear of the atmosphere, just a few more seconds, then it's only a matter of getting into hyperspace -- our destination is at a rendezvous with a large cargo freighter several parsecs away. I've already punched in the coordinates. Should take about an hour to get there."

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:12 am

"Great. I'm heading back to clean up the mess, and then get some rest. Call me if anything happens."

As Xol headed to the back, he stopped. Something wasn't right. Ion.
Back to top Go down
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:16 am

"Finally were out of that sand- OH CRAP ION!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:34 am

Ion awoke, mind ablaze, head spinning, focus messed with. The lights around him swung in a lucrid, surreal manner, overloading the optics, flashing out the scene.

Where am I? Where is this? And...aughgg...

The small glow that had lit on Ion fluttered off, as a man in a white labcoat and long black trousers opened a hatch on the side of Ion's frame, and twisted a knob. Silence ensued as the engineer screwed open a small hatch on the inside of Ion's body.

After a few twists, the red Optics light flashed on cruelly, brighter than ever before, and the repulsers blasted full force, throwing the tools laid neatly on the table, along with excess sawdust into the air for a split second, before slamming to the ground.
Ion blasted up into the high-ceiling, then with deadly accuracy, blasted off a few quick rounds, punching holes through the thin man's body, wracking his frame backwards. Blood flew from the man's frame, striking the wall with a sickening, splattering sound. Ion's red optics narrowed, keenly focusing all around the room for potential targets. The C.L.E.U. had done good work updating his parts. A wicked, heavy, gunmetal top military grade carbine equipped armor-punching cartridges, an improved optics sensor, and high-power repulsers, with an upgraded, incinerating outer shell. But equipment wasn't the only thing they'd changed.

Inside his head rang a harsh, cruel desire, programmed,
engrained into his mind by the force of the C.L.E.U.

I must find the others, and kill them. Now.
An unrelenting sense of revenge and hatred.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:47 am

"AHA!" Dagon exclaimed, appearing from his cabin holding a large, heavy wooden bat in both hands, "Batter up you wretched bucket of -- ...oh. So it's over then... Is it?" His eyes fell on the wrecked remains of the probe. This was a disappointing turn of events. He tossed the bat back into his cabin, grumbling under his breath, and stomped irately into the living area, where the wreckage of two more probes lay.

"You're right," he said to Zalgon with weary surprise, "he's gone... Wait, the wall vent! It must have been dislodged in the fight!" Indeed, a grill at foot-level seemed to have been blown off its hinges: there was an automated airlock system at the other end, which allowed objects to be jettisoned without decompressing the ship.

"Dear Spode, we're not going to be able to get him back." The tiredness in Dagon's voice increased by another notch. He sat down.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Today at 4:49 am

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next