» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Xol had heard the entire commotion in the back. He called back,

"I don't care what we do about that ratty old bag, as long as it doesn't involve one or more of us being captured by the Coalation! I don't want to have to break any of you out of one of their containment cells. I'm good, but you bums don't deserve it!"

He chuckled. Not that I would mind breaking some of their ungrateful butts out of jail...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice

Upvotes: : 0
Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:39 am

Zalgon ran up the landing ramp panting for breath. "Sorry I'm late! No one forgot about me did they? There was an incident with several Coalation enforcers, and strangely an old woman who thought I was her son... Whew, I hope we never come back to this dustbowl again in my-" But then Zalgon overheard Dagon and Kwa's conversation in the back. "Ah crap, look, I don't mind the lack of supplies stuff, heck I'll eat my bed sheet if I have to! I wouldn't enjoy that though. I don't really care if we leave now or stay for the bag."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:05 am

"DONE!" I shouted crazily. I always yelled 'DONE!' when I finished something. "You can start up the plasma coils and leave now. I'm just gonna go back to my schematics room. I'll postpone the upgrades on the weapons a bit." I ran down a hall to my schematics room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:23 am

Hitcam rose. "Listen. If we get that bag now, we're better off dead. If we try to make a pit-stop somewhere in a different star system out of the search range of the Coalition Law Enforcement Units without any food, we'll be dead." He put on his Recon Suit and continued. "Tell me where that stall is, and I'll retrieve it for you no matter what happens. If you wish for me to go, just make sure to take off immediately after I get the bag inside the ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice

Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:03 am

"I vote for Hitcam to grab the bag. I'd do it myself but like I said I hate this place..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

Upvotes: : 82

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:30 am

Kwa turned to Hitcam, "Are you quite certain? Conditions outside are hardly improving." She was right -- somewhere in the eastern quarter of the bazaar, a desperate trader had knocked out one of the four weather-regulators holding the desert wind, and the deadly sandstorms it carried, at bay. The full force of the tempest still had not broken through, but it was only a matter of time before the weakened sphere of protection collapsed.

Thunder rolled.

"If you do not wish to reconsider, then I shall accompany you," she stated levelly, "together we can find our way back to the stall, or whatever is left of it, and keep each-other covered. If we move fast we should stand a good chance." She pulled her pistol from its holster at her waist, loaded and cocked it with a series of metallic clicks, and checked the straps on her moonblade -- a brilliant curve of silver metal held in place on her back by a series of straps.

"This is crazy, Kwa!" Dagon interjected, "You'll doom us all if you make us wait any longer, I know it!" He cast his gaze around the room, looking for support, or perhaps anyone else on the verge of opting in. The wind was rising outside.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 am

He turned to Dagon. "Well, we don't much time before the whole damn bazaar is engulfed in sand. I don't know about you, but..." He didn't finish that sentence, but ended it with a shrug. He put back his Regular Suit on turned to Kwa, Recon Suit in his arms. "Here, Take it, judging from your current outfit, you aren't properly equipped for a sandstorm. The sand will rip through your skin if the winds get too high. Suit covers all, one size fits all, only bother would be slight discomfort for your tail and your head tendrils..." He opened the hatch. "Meet you outside when you're outfitted!" He yelled over the wind as he stepped out into the storm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:53 am

As Hitcam and Kwa stepped out, Xol jerked the Lacuna into motion. He spoke into his comms-device, so they could hear him:

"Unless you two have a better idea, I'm going to move to a safer end of the storm. This sand is messing up a whole slew of systems. We'll pick you up when you've got the bag. Xol out."
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:03 am

I sat down and ran a sandstorm graph/algorithm in my design room. The screen cam up with this:
- - - X
- - - - X
- - - - - X
- - - - - - X
- - - - - - X
- - - - - - X
Now. 1 min. 2 mins. 3mins. 4mins. 5mins. 6mins.

The "Xs" Meant total ship failure. "Guys, I have some bad news! You only have five minutes to get that bag. That's about two minutes there and back with a minute to get it! If you can't do it, we're gonna need to take off. The sand is interfering with weapons and liftoff after six minutes we'll be offline and the sandstorms could strand us here with a broken fighter, even if we move the ship it'll only give us about another minute." I went back to drawing up my ship schematics, it was a design for complete refits and additions to the ship, with smaller fighters in cargo bays and hypothetical engine re-models. The refit today was just to improve engines by 27%. My designs could up that to 76%. And of course new weapons...Oh how I couldn't wait to test them out...I chuckled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:04 am

Lazernugget wrote:
I sat down and ran a sandstorm graph/algorithm in my design room. The screen cam up with a graph showing there was only about six minutes before the sandstorms engulf us.

The "Xs" Meant total ship failure. "Guys, I have some bad news! You only have five minutes to get that bag. That's about two minutes there and back with a minute to get it! If you can't do it, we're gonna need to take off. The sand is interfering with weapons and liftoff after six minutes we'll be offline and the sandstorms could strand us here with a broken fighter, even if we move the ship it'll only give us about another minute." I went back to drawing up my ship schematics, it was a design for complete refits and additions to the ship, with smaller fighters in cargo bays and hypothetical engine re-models. The refit today was just to improve engines by 27%. My designs could up that to 76%. And of course new weapons...Oh how I couldn't wait to test them out...I chuckled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:04 am

Hitcam saluted the Lacuna and yelled: "We don't have much time, you heard the engineer, let's move!" forgetting he wasn't the leader.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:12 am

Kwa spared a glance for Dagon that probably only he could read, and stepped out of the living area and into the bathroom that adjoined it.

One size fits all. Hmm. She assessed the suit she had been handed: Hitcam was probably right -- if they were out long enough for the storm to get up to full force she'd need all the protection she could get. She removed her clothing swiftly and slipped into the jumpsuit, taking a moment to figure out how the tail-fly could be adjusted. It was comfortable enough, apart from the always-disconcerting feeling of someone else's residual body heat.

Seconds later she was standing outside on the sand again -- the sky had noticeably darkened, and the cries of panic had almost completely given way to the howling of the wind.

"Keep in radio contact, we'll be back before you know it," she lowered her hand from her comm device and turned to Hitcam.

"No time to lose."

She lead the way into the wreckage of the bazaar.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 4
Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:19 am

"Lets go" was all Naboo9 said as he walked out of the ship after Kwa. "do you think there's any more Coalation pawns out here?" he asked as he cocked his pistol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:20 am

"Well hurry." I chimed in. "I don't feeling like suffocating in a sand pile today."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:24 am

"Chillax," Xol said, "this baby will hold up." He hovered over a slightly less turbulent patch of ground.
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:34 am

The two reached the stall in a record 1 minute time. As for the bag...

"Get down." he grabbed Kwa's shoulder and pointed to the desert floor. A barely visible red line was jolting around slightly just past the doorway. "That's a laser aim helper. There must be someone inside that's armed. Coalition or merchant, this doesn't look right." He pondered for a moment. "I have armor, and since it can protect me against the shots, I'll distract him to turn away from the door. When I yell your name, you take this gun and shoot him in the head." he handed him one of his 500. S&Ws. "Careful. it packs one hell of a recoil for a pistol."

He dashed in, pretending to have no ammo in his assault rifle as the Coalition Lieutenant faced him. "Damn. A lieutenant, and he's got the bag."He thought as he skipped around so his back faced the door. He yelled "Kwa!" Right as he got hit in the shoulder by his stun baton. The lieutenant mistook the outburst as a native swear.

Kwa has a prime opportunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:50 am

The comms devices were on. Xol heard the whole thing. He yelled "Hitcam, Kwa, get the Xvak out of that building!" When he saw the form of Hitcam spriting out, he positioned the Lacuna, and did the one thing that should never have come across as an option.

He landed the ship.

Xol crushed the lieutenant with the forward landing gear. He never knew what hit him. The bag slid safely out of the building, well within reach of Hitcam, Kwa, and the recently joined Naboo9. Pressing a few controls, he opened the side hatch and called for the three to get in.

((Job over?))
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:55 am

1 minute passed by.
2 minutes passed by.
3 minutes passed by.

"AAARRGGG!!" I screamed, back in the engineering deck. Sand was clogging the molecular intake valve. "WHO TURNED THE MIV ON? SAND IS INFUSING WITH PLASMA! This room is becoming a glass exhibit! Who the heck is piloting!?" A thousand problems arose in my mind. What was taking Kwa so long? Who in their right mind turns a molecular intake valve on in a sandstorm? Could the engines work in this condition? I felt a heavy jerk as the ship was rocked around. I got out my electro-sword and sliced the MIV quantum control ports and the sand stopped coming, but slashing the circuit only brought a million more problems, and I couldn't risk staying in the "Be cautious, don't enter, plasma intake radiation-" room. I had gotten in here only under the circumstances that the engineering room wasn't cooperating so I had to risk my life in this stuffy radioactive plasma tube.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 am

Kwa did not care to take orders from her crew: particularly when said orders were to wait around as backup. She came terribly close to sharing the Lieutenant's fate, sneaking up behind him with Hitcam's pistol wielded as an improvised knuckle-duster -- it was only a rapid jump backwards that saved her from taking a hit from her own ship. Her surprised curses were lost to the wind and the hiss of the side-hatch opening.

"You're insane, Xol, who in Spode's name put you in the pilot's seat?!" She rasped into the comms, heart pounding. In truth it had been an impressive maneuver, considering the landing gear was impossible to see from the cockpit.

"We have what we came for," she said, shouldering the black bag and making to climb aboard, "Now I've had it up to here with this desert, lets go!"

Aboard the Lacuna, the cockpit was suddenly illuminated by a glaring white light. The Coalition Drop-ship was still around, and had detected their heat-signature as they launched.
The Lacuna's comm system crackled: "Attention unidentified vessel, this is Coalition Law Enforcement Unit Beta-zed-nine: you are in direct contravention of federal trading regulations: power down your shields and submit to our search or we shall open fire!"

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:09 am

"Not more problems!" I moaned. "WHOEVER IS PILOTING THIS RIGHT NOW, GET US OUT! Our engines won't hold an attack, trust me, it's clogged up with glass right now. Plus, if we fire, we could blow ourselves into next year. Oh, and pilot, USE THE LAUNCH THRUSTERS." If I had finished the ship modifications, we could flick these ships away and leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 4
Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:14 am

"Lovely..." was the only thing Naboo9 said. "why don't we tell them that the likelyhood of having something a interest is as likely as a friendly Grox" he drawled sarcasticly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:29 am

The hatch clanged shut behind Hitcam and Naboo. With everyone aboard, the Lacuna's thrusters powered up again.

The comm-unit on the dashboard crackled into life again: "If you attempt to resist our efforts to investigate your vessel we shall be forced to disable your systems -- this may result in unnecessary loss of life. Power down NOW!"

Apparently someone on board wasn't taking any chances: moments after the Lacuna took off, three C.L.E.U probes materialised aboard in a flash of blue light that left the acrid tang of ozone in its wake.

Metal spheres about one-and-a-half feet in diameter armed with both tazers and stun-darts as well as rudimentary energy shields, the droids advanced from the rear of the vessel, out of direct line-of-sight of anyone aboard, towards the living area where the crew was gathered. They were programmed to pacify any life-forms detected aboard.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:42 am

"Should I do something about the drone problem?" Zalgon said to the others. Through is comm as he saw a silver orb enter the room.

Last edited by Shadow99 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:49 am

I was working on fixing the engines, when an orb entered the plasma chamber. "But-I-You-People-ARG!" I became so frustrated I grabbed my sword and tried to slash the orb so hard, my sword broke. I grabbed a plasma relay and ripped it open, whacking the orb so hard it fizzled. I grabbed it and tried to throw it into the spewing plasma coil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:10 am

"Darn right we should!" Dagon replied to Zalgon, scrambling for a weapon, "Try not to smash up the ship mind: if someone blasts a hole in the hull we'll --Argh!"
Dagon ducked as the first of the drones entered the living area and fired a tazer: it embedded itself in the wall with an electrical crackle. He rolled out of the line of fire and ran for his cabin on the other side of the ship -- he had his weapons stored there. Spode help me if I have to get off a shot...

They would have to be very careful in this confined space.

In the Engineering Deck, Quark received an electric shock from the drone's energy shields as he touched it, but nevertheless managed to hit it with enough force to send it hurtling into the plasma coil.

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Today at 10:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next