» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Gor'La Cerb   Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 am

Without warning, a tall Lynski - a humanoid reptilian species with four arms - materialized in the corner. He whipped out a Plasma Pulser and began firing into the shock troopers, killing several . . . including the one Zalgon was about to attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

Upvotes: : 82

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:11 am

((Mitchz, the troopers are designated NPC characters: you're not allowed to control them or insta-hit them. emmbarrased! Take another look at the rules section of the OOC thread if you're not certain how to proceed -- I'm going to have to disregard that post, but feel free to make another. Happy.))

Celdryc's first shot went far wide of its target -- at relatively close range the sniper rifle's accuracy against moving targets was greatly reduced, especially through the scope. The second round, however, managed to score a glancing hit on another of the troopers. Even without being a direct hit, the power was enough to take down his shields, if not to cause him any real damage.

Meanwhile, one of Grecsh's shots put a hole straight through the shoulder of the shock-trooper previously de-shielded by the grenade, knocking him back and causing him to lose grip on his rifle. Staggering back into cover, the wounded enemy drew a pistol from his side-holster and returned to firing on the group.

At the last moment Xol's target turned to one side to fire from a different angle, unknowingly swinging the butt of his rifle around straight towards Xol's stomach just as the blade came down -- instead of hitting a weak-point in the target's armour Xol's blade scraped down its chest-plate, slicing through in one place to cause a superficial cut on account of the trooper's movement.

Zalgon hit his mark in the back with his blade -- the shock-trooper fell to the ground, bleeding and crying out in pain as the gap between two of his armour plates was exploited to the full.

At that point, however, a thick, transparent brown liquid sprayed across fully half of the embattled docking bay. Celdryc had penetrated an oil pipe with his first shot. As the slippery, flammable substance pooled on the floor and collected on those within range of the burst pipe, Zalgon, Celdryc and Chlor were coated in it: in a fraction of a second the enemy would notice the oil splashes floating in the air and put two-and-two together. Two of the enemy also picked up a thick coating.

((To summarise the current enemy status: 5 living in total, 1 wounded, de-shielded and using a less effective weapon, 2 coated in oil, 1 de-shielded.))

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:31 am

Talvox wrote:
His left arm bursted with pain as one of the stray blaster marks hit his shoulder. He wasn't in a position to fight well. He registered a noise and turned around to face a thing, that looked like a living trash can. He realized, with some difficulty because of the pain in his left arm, that the trash can, was something wearing a suit of trash can armor, and it was holding a mop. He asked, "Who are you?"

The living trashcan took off it's lid helmet and reveld it's hidden face. "My name be Chalen and I new recruit just like you." Chalen noticed the recruit's shoulder injury and already he is concerd. "Ouchie. That must have hurt you lots. I have idea. If I acted as shield with my armour, that way I'll take hit and you shoot bad guys with blaster as long you stay behind me. Though you leave some bad guys for Chalen to hit with my mop. Sound good?".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:32 am

(Can I have quick summary of where we are and what's happening? I'm a bit confused...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:34 am

The rifle connected with Xol's stomach with a dull thud, and he was knocked to the ground. At that moment, his stealth also gave out, leaving him defenseless and clutching only his shockdagger.

Grecsh was hiding behind a pile of boxes when the pipe burst. He looked out and noticed the knocked-down Xol. Priming a small magnetic grenade, he stood up and chucked it at the shock trooper standing over his friend.

Xol barely had time to yell, "Grecsh, DON'T!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:35 am

Celdryc was suprised at himself for his poor aim. He was also suprised that he'd just gotten a face-full of oil. He hadn't realized how fast his target was moving.
Well I guess if ranged wasn't effective, I should attack close up.
He dove into the battle(Still stealthed), being careful to go around the spilled oil the best he could, and attempted to stab the trooper he had shot through the chest with his energy dagger*.

((Lazer, read the past page or two or go to the OOC))
*((Hes trying to stab the trooper through the chest, not stab the one he shot through the chest))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:13 am

PrincessNintendo wrote:
The living trashcan took off it's lid helmet and reveld it's hidden face. "My name be Chalen and I new recruit just like you." Chalen noticed the recruit's shoulder injury and already he is concerd. "Ouchie. That must have hurt you lots. I have idea. If I acted as shield with my armour, that way I'll take hit and you shoot bad guys with blaster as long you stay behind me. Though you leave some bad guys for Chalen to hit with my mop. Sound good?".
"Agreed. Though I may have to holster my Lightning blade so I can use my pistol." And with that, Talvox slipped his lightning blade onto his back, grabbing his pistol from his left arm, leaving it feeling better than while he was holding it. Talvox was suddenly struck with an idea. He moved over to the captain's body, and checked for a pulse. There wasn't any. If he had been alive earlier, he was certainly dead now. But that didn't matter. He heard a small squad of at least 4 shock troopers coming there way. Talvox immediately cocked his pistol, waiting for them to turn around the corner, and as Chalen suggested, moved to stand behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice

Upvotes: : 0
Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:53 am

Zalgon wiped the smear of oil off his goggle. Dangit Celdryc! Zalgon thought. Trying to think of a new battleplan Zalgon noticed something hanging from the waist of his latest victim. A Tesla Coil in working condition! Quickly he detached the coil on his neck and the one on the trooper and replaced his with it. He pressed a button on a small datapad like object on his neck and with a buzzing sound, electricity began pulsing through the coils. With years of practice, (About 3 to be exact.) he redirected the electricity to both of his arms, the pulse encircling his hands. He aimed at one of the last remaining Shock Troopers and fired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:23 am

((Shadow, just a minor thing to note is that you don't know the names of the newly-arrived characters yet. Happy.))

Grecsh's grenade attached flawlessly to its target's back and detonated. The mess the bomb made of the trooper would later make several of the cleaners vomit. And they were robots.

Red hot shrapnel scattered everywhere — Xol was saved from the worst of it, suffering only a few minor scratches, but one solitary piece; large, sharp and glowing red at this temperature, pirouetted gracefully out over the docking bay, bringing the gift of heat to the large puddle of oil that had collected across roughly half the floor.

*fwoosh*

Flames engulfed the room. The trooper Zalgon had fired upon was closest to the epicenter, and was covered in yellow fire almost instantly — a moment after his shields were taken down by Zalgon. An animal scream escaped him as he roasted in his armour, running forwards madly towards where most of the Rangers were taking cover. The flames began spreading at a rapid pace towards Zalgon...

Both Celdryc and his target were distracted by the inferno — more so in Celdryc's case, as he suddenly found himself with a burning leg (the sudden heat having carried over from the blaze on the floor). His knife blade gashed the un-shielded trooper on his left side, and his enemy responded by throwing a heavy punch at Celdryc.

((Enemy status': 4 living in total, 1 on fire and not enjoying it, 1 wounded, de-shielded and using a less effective weapon, 1 on fire but shielded, 1 unshielded and gashed.))

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by Delta on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:25 am

Many wondered where in Spode's name Hitcam was. The truth was, he was behind the troopers the whole time, waiting for the perfect oppurtunity to strike with his Recon Suit He finally turned his eyes towards the wounded soldier, and proceeded to take this opportunity to attempt to sneak behind and stab the individual in one of his lungs, which would not produce a cry of pain on his death, therefore still maintaining Hitcams metaphoric invisibility to the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:41 am

Celdryc's initial response to being partially on fire was AAAHHH, IM ON FIRE!. Then he remembered his training and knew he had to stay calm and put the fire out before it seriously damaged his suit. In one motion he slashed downword at the guard he was attacking then rolled into a nearby hallway, doing his best to smother the flames as he rolled. As he did this, he also unstealthed, as the fire may spread faster while it was in use. He was also running out of energy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:49 am

"Xvakti Grecsh, what was THAT?" Xol yelled over the comms.

Grecsh was about to say something when he saw the flames. His eyes widened. Fire. Home. Burnt. Left. Alone. Starving. The memories came back. And he ran. He ran as quick as he could and had every intention of never stopping, had he not tripped over a crate.

Xol also ran, but he ran around the flames, ending up behind the same forklift that Kwa was holding-out behind.

"Just like Turrigan, eh Kwa?" Now that he thought about it, it was nothing like Turrigan.

Reloading his pistols with new cartridges, he jumped up and concentrated his fire on the wounded and de-shielded shock trooper.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:54 am

(I'm sorry, but everyone else has been doing it so I thought it was okay up to a point. It won't happen again.)

The Lynski, seeing the wounded shock trooper running toward the hallway in which Celdryc was trying to put out the flames, jumped forward and provided cover fire, giving Celdryc an opportunity to put out the fire without (immediate) fear of getting shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:25 am

((No problem Mitchz, players can pretty much do what they like with NPCs they create, though I prefer that to be done sparingly. Remember not to take control of those made by others. Happy.))

At this moment in time, Hitcam's stealth worked against him: it would have been easy to finish off the wounded trooper, who was alternating between firing his pistol and clutching at his perforated shoulder to stem the bleeding, were it not for the fact that Xolm and Kwa were firing at the same target. Finally a good solid blaster hit knocked the trooper back behind cover, allowing Hitcam to make his clean kill without the problem of friendly-fire.

The Lynski's weapons-fire didn't find it's mark, but he accomplished his goal of keeping the gashed trooper from finishing off Celdryc, who managed to put the fire out after a few moments of frantic rolling around.

One of the shock-troopers, at least, seemed to be bearing up under the Rangers' attacks: apparently running on a combination of adrenaline and sheer rage, the last trooper was managing to hold his ground against all the Rangers who had not engaged his comrades, firing his weapon on full auto and screaming curses while flames licked at his armour. He ignored the heat — his shields would keep him protected from it long enough to conclude this fight. Dagon was pinned down, and Crank was receiving an equal degree of frenzied blaster-fire.

Some meters away, his less-fortunate comrade ran out of air in his lungs for screaming and collapsed, his red-hot armour clanking loudly as it hit the deck.

((Enemy status': 2 living in total, 1 on fire but shielded, 1 unshielded and gashed.))

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:34 am

The Lynski, annoyed that he'd missed his target, grabbed a grenade and hurled it at the two remaining shock troopers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:38 am

Celdryc (seeming to ignore the protection given by his ally)immediaty stood up, pulled out his plasma rifle, and fired three rounds at the burning trooper, at perfect positions to hit him no matter where he ran, the moment the fire went out.
That fire will burn right through him the moment his sheilds go down thought Celdryc so I don't even need to hit him full on, just enough to knock his shields out.
Just as before he sprinted back a few feet to avoid return fire and motioned for Lynski to do the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:41 am

All the commotion was crazy, and in all that time, I finished mashing the broken plasma conduit into a plasma gun. Now I could shoot highly concentrated plasma in small areas. I ran out of the room screaming, trying to find a Shock Trooper. I felt a large tremor and recognized it as a grenade. "Why can't we dock somewhere without being attacked by other people!?" I shouted, annoyed. "I just want ONE day that I can shoplift in peace, without being chased down by people!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice

Upvotes: : 0
Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:46 am

The flames burnt part of Zalgon's arm weapons. And by part I mean it totaled one of them melting the metal it was made out of. Note to self Zalgon thought, Electricity+Oil=FIRE!!! Things weren't going so well for the Ganoid. One of his trusty arm weapons was gone, he had lost his electric dagger somewhere in the fray, and his Teslas didn't work so well with oil. His scavaging skill kicked in and he picked up an energy pistol from the charred trooper. He pointed it at yet another trooper
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:52 am

The Lynski dove backward to avoid the oncoming weapons barrage. He reached for another grenade, but he'd used his only one. On top of that, his Plasma Pulser was running out of energy. He reluctantly grabbed a dagger - his only close range weapon - and threw it at the shock trooper (the gashed, unshielded one), hoping he was better at throwing things than he was at shooting them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice

Location : Well, if i were to tell you that i was a Quantum Particle, and that i know exactly my speed then that would make my location incredibly uncertain, and lying anywhere within a range of differing values, none of which can be confirmed without interfering with my unpredictable quantum state. Bet you wish you didn't ask now.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Kaaran was in the engine room of the attacked freighter, blissfully unaware of the chaos around him, trying to upgrade the tachyon stabilisation chamber, but quickly closing it off before he could take out any of the chips controlling it, as he heard the alarms. He crawled out of the confined space and out of the engine room, grabbing his rocket launcher, and heading down the corridor to the mess room, where he was supposed to be.

As he turned a corner he was greeted by a confusing scene of chaos and disarray, even his trgetter was having trouble making sense of. He could pick up the vague patterns of disturbance in his targetter, marking stealth fields. Typical, he now had no idea what side they were on, and his effectiveness was utterly compromised. Stupid aliens. He quickly fired a dispersion missile at two Shocktroopers in his targetter, and saw the missile split into lots of tiny projectiles weaving towards the shocktroopers through the flames.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Chalen was struggling to get back up after being continuously shot 150 times. His armour is now red hot and kept flaling about while swinging his mop at the enemies legs which tripped them up. "Chalen need help getting up and I'm also feeling too hot then he should be!" But Talvox can't excatly pick him up, not while Chalen's armour is hot. Talvox needed a clever idea to save them both from possible death. But what could he do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Talvox shot a couple of anti-infantry rockets from his pistol, thanks to his attachment, but, he wasn't sure his aim was that good. He still let off some blast shots. That distracted the troopers, but he couldn't wait around to see if his aim was true. He looked around to see if there was some sort of easier way to transport Chalen. He looked back at the soldiers, and saw that both of his grenades missed, but his blaster fire was true, wounding 2 of the troopers, and the rockets missed, but they were close together, it didn't matter, because they still injured the soldiers. In the confusion, he switched to heavy armor mode.

He holstered his pistol, and charged with his Lightning blade extended. One of them kicked his injured arm, and he stumbled, and somehow managed to stab one of the trooper's throats, splattering the floor with blood. His injured arm hurt a lot, but he hardly noticed. He then grabbed a rocket out of his pistol's attachment, closed his eyes, and threw it at his feet making a small crater in the metal floor. Talvox was thrown backwards, still alive, but gravely injured. "Need... medical... supp..." and fainted at Chalen's feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
Delta
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:36 pm

The last shielded shock trooper was apparently a more savvy fighter than his comrades, most of whom now lay dead or dying around the docking bay. He held his position amidst the flames out of choice: it gave him cover from the Rangers at all angles they were attacking from.
He was the squad leader. He would not allow these wretched interlopers to pass.
Dispersion missile fragments, grenade shrapnel and blaster bolts ricocheted off the crates that covered the side of him facing the access corridor — he ducked as several of the rocket fragments glanced off his helmet. The shields would hold: Kaaran's missile guidance systems were less effective with all the flames, which masked their targets' heat signals. One of Celdryc's rounds followed, clipping his shoulder and momentarily putting off his aim as he leveled his weapon at Crank — the shot flew wide, but he redoubled his efforts, taking careful aim at Celdryc with his rifle.

His gashed comrade, however, was less lucky: the Lynski's knife sliced a joint in his armour at the leg, and he turned the fall that followed into a dive behind cover — not quite fast enough to avoid Zalgon's blaster fire. The trooper landed heavily, his rifle clattering to the ground a few meters away. He was alive, and barely conscious, but no longer a threat.

((Enemy status': 1 on fire but shielded.))

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Xol was breathing heavily. This guy wasn't going to go down. He was out of ideas, out of energy, and out of time.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Celdryc, noticing the trooper aim at him, tumbled out of the way, but not fast enough to avoid the shot grazing his leg slightly. He knew he would be useless in this battle, he couldn't charge in or he would be incinerated and at such close range sniping was useless when the enemy was aware of you. At this point, he heard faint explosions coming from another room in the ship just a few corridors away. Without hesitation he sprinted down the hall back to the mess hall and down a corridor in the direction the explosion came from.There he saw a strange sight: A large wounded soldier passed out in front of what appeared to be a molten trash can with claws. When he looked closer he realized that a creature was inside the trash can. Noticing that all the soldiers were dead or knocked out, Celdryc ran to the wounded soldier and looked to see if there were any medi-kits nearby.

Last edited by Darkshadow1223 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]   Today at 1:24 am

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers IC [Thread 1]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next