GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]

Go down 
+18
Vektrix
DarkFish
Talvox
Darkshadow
-NOX-
Pukinglilcuttlefish
PrincessNintendo
Lazernugget
Shadow99
Mitchz95
Bence657
Naboo9
Ionjii1026
Epsilon
Terwynd
DRaGO
3D
Delta
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Just a quick question. If we made a secondary character can we make it evil or does it have to be good? :/
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:00 pm

As far as characterisation is concerned you can do pretty much whatever you like — if you mean you want to create a character that remains independent of the Rangers in the role of an antagonist, then the main problem is that you might spend long stretches of time without interacting with other characters; which is dull right? Riiight?

Also, over the next few days I'll be trying to gradually cut back on my activity at certain times in order to normalise my sleep routine: as a result it may be useful to pass responsibility for NPC characters, either permanently or just so long as I'm offline — though on consideration it would likely be less confusing to take the former route. Would anyone be willing to take over minor roles like shop-keepers etc? (If there are things said character needs to know — prices of goods, tipbits of info etc — I could PM them.)

As a side note, this would also mean that when new NPC characters become necessary, it would be open for anyone to fill in the role, so long as they don't end up talking to themselves. razz Am I making sense here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Quote :
Also, over the next few days I'll be trying to gradually cut back on my activity at certain times in order to normalise my sleep routine: as a result it may be useful to pass responsibility for NPC characters, either permanently or just so long as I'm offline — though on consideration it would likely be less confusing to take the former route. Would anyone be willing to take over minor roles like shop-keepers etc? (If there are things said character needs to know — prices of goods, tipbits of info etc — I could PM them.)

As a side note, this would also mean that when new NPC characters become necessary, it would be open for anyone to fill in the role, so long as they don't end up talking to themselves. razz Am I making sense here?
Sooo, are you asking for someone to take over NPC's permanently or just to control them while you are offline. If its the first one, I would be unable to do that because Im not the most active person during the day, but if your looking for someone to control NPC's just when you aren't on, then I'd gladly help you out.

Last edited by Darkshadow1223 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vektrix
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Vektrix

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:08 am

Anyone wanna meet Feren in the Varrian's Head?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:15 am

@Dark: Well it would really be a lot less confusing for people speaking to NPCs if there was only one person controlling each character consistently: My main issue is that I won't be on in the evenings, when there is the most activity. I don't suppose it matters so much if you're inactive in the daytime, as this applies to many other people too. Happy.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:30 am

I can probably help then Delta.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:36 am

My Char just loves shoplifting Happy.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:31 pm

That wasn't shoplifting, that was aggravated assault bordering on GBH, with theft on the side. razz

On that note, this seems like a good time to test zee new system — I'd like to shift things around a bit to both allow me a little breathing space and let anyone who feels they're not getting enough out of what their main characters are doing to have some fun. At this point we need a couple of beat-cops to drop in on Quark and attempt an arrest; anyone who wants to (and thinks they're likely to be online around the same times as Lazer) all you have to is post them into existence and kick off the action. Happy.

The intended result of all this is that, in future, whenever a new NPC is required, or someone just feels like dropping one in for some reason or other, they can feel free to create and control it without special permission — as long as it doesn't directly mean you end up talking to yourself.
E.g: If Person A has their character walk into a bar and ask the bartender a question, Person B could then assume control of the bartender and answer it — they would then be the sole user of that NPC for as long as his presence is required (though if someone else wanted to drop in and help they could create another of the bar staff, a nearby patron etc.) What we wouldn't so much want is for Person A to have their character ask the bartender a question and then immediately take control of him to answer it to themselves, unless the role is extremely minor.

This means I'll also end up posting the price-list I've been using to run the store holders, so that people other than me can play them too, and in all likelihood replacing the "treat bold-name NPCs like you would other players" rule with "treat ALL NPCs like you would other players."

Am I making any sense at all here? Does this sound workable?Uncertain
Back to top Go down
Vektrix
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Vektrix

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Lazernugget wrote:
My Char just loves shoplifting Happy.

Like Delta said, that wasn't shoiplifting - in the UK that would probably, and rather pointlessly, be called Aggrevated Burglary.

@Delta: I think I understand that, although to be fair, both you and I have controlled that poor Shop Assistant. I can see in the short term and with very minor characters this not being an issue. However, at some point someone could blink into existence what starts off as a minor character, but ends up having a larger role than expected. I can also see it getting complex as we go along, since what you seem to be suggesting is that we may end up controlling two major characters and a plethora of minor ones each.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:04 pm

True, if we built up a large number of them it could get quite complicated — fortunately most such NPCs are (hopefully) unlikely to stick around beyond the scene they appear in, so what I imagine is that it would be a case of picking up and dropping minor roles as we go along.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:32 am

Currently there are a few NPC roles that it would be helpful to have filled: If anyone would care to throw me a bone and take control of CLEU Corporal Faust to keep the interview with Quark going in my absence, or one to three hostile NPC characters who shall doubtless be making an appearance soon, I would be much obliged. Happy.

If these roles require any specific knowledge I'll PM it to you, though there shouldn't be much. Joyful
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:45 am

I can do Faust.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:56 am

Great, Happy. would you like any extra background on the CLEU's agenda and goals to get you started? Other than that, how you characterise him is down to you.

Any takers for hostile NPC's?
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:31 am

I'd love some background info on the CLEU, thanks. Maybe send it through a PM instead of here so we don't spoil anything for the other RPers?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:39 am

Sure thing, I'll put together a message including all the background knowledge you need. If I miss anything, don't hesitate to ask. Happy.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:52 am

I thought of something funny to put in my post...
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:27 am

Am I controlling Corporal Bronsted too?
Back to top Go down
Vektrix
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Vektrix

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:02 am

Lazer, very nice, I like trying to inject humour happy.

Mitch: Are you Frostmoon?
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:32 am

Who's Frostmoon? My character is called Jo'ma Bor.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:38 pm

@Mitchz: You shouldn't need to, but if it becomes strictly necessary then feel free to take control of him. Otherwise you can just assume that where one goes the other tags along.
Back to top Go down
Vektrix
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Vektrix

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:36 pm

Frostmoon is a user I know from EAUK and EuroSpore, he uses the same avatar as you ;)
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:43 pm

I'm sorry about the flashlight thing; I thought I mentioned them in my character bio. I edited my posts and removed the flashlights from them.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:49 pm

So IO is attacking Bronsted right? Am I handcuffed while watching this happen? I'm a bit confused.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Yes and yes.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:24 pm

What was Mitchz talking about in his last post?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next