GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes

Go down 
+15
Delta
Ionjii1026
Ferrety
Mitchz95
Pintoz
Darkshadow
PrincessNintendo
DarkFish
ReFrostE
Kitty
Hutch
3D
Dark_Plague
Lazernugget
Drew
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Index changes are now underway, if you plan to make a new thread during this I advise you do not make one at this time.

Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Any word about what you're going to do with the Locked Archive?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:59 pm

I think the idea is that, barring unforeseen complications, we'll keep the Archive, but have it visible only to mods and admins. Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Delta wrote:
I think the idea is that, barring unforeseen complications, we'll keep the Archive, but have it visible only to mods and admins. Happy.
So, basically just a basket? I'm pretty sure if you have the forum basket installed, there's a button that automatically locks a thread and sends it to the basket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
Delta wrote:
So, basically just a basket? I'm pretty sure if you have the forum basket installed, there's a button that automatically locks a thread and sends it to the basket.

The administration panel says the forums basket is the library.. me;;ow .. odd.
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:18 pm

I think we should leave the Locked Archive visible to all users. The reason being, some things in the Locked Archive might come in handy, like threads answering specific questions, or long-lost discussions.

EDIT: Plus some of the stuff there is pretty funny. It'd be a shame if only the Mods could enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 am

Camel probably didn't know about the basket when he made the forum, so he just renamed it to the library and stuck it in there. And if we do install a basket, we can still make it visible to users. On NGP, my basket is only visible to me since there's nothing interesting in it.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:55 pm

I think the changes are okay. I still wish the ranks were a bit better, but otherwise all we need now is to change the main index.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Lazernugget wrote:
I think the changes are okay. I still wish the ranks were a bit better, but otherwise all we need now is to change the main index.

What needs the be better about them? Seriously this is getting me angry, you all just loved the mess from before over a more organized system. Guess what, THATS HOW A FORUM SHOULD BE. Organized and not messy. We are doing this for everyone, you, and everyone you communicate with on here. Non of you appreciate the time we put into this and its getting under my skin.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Drew980 wrote:
Lazernugget wrote:

What needs the be better about them? Seriously this is getting me angry, you all just loved the mess from before over a more organized system. Guess what, THATS HOW A FORUM SHOULD BE. Organized and not messy. We are doing this for everyone, you, and everyone you communicate with on here. Non of you appreciate the time we put into this and its getting under my skin.

I appreciate the changes your making. Curruntly it takes forever to find a thread thats not on the latest topics. The colors are nice too. They don't hurt your eyes to read as much as the old colors did.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Drew980 wrote:
Lazernugget wrote:

I wasn't being mean. The ranks are fine, just not perfect. Ok? I'm just kinda sad we're moving from spore so much.. :(
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Lazernugget wrote:
Drew980 wrote:
Lazernugget wrote:

I wasn't being mean. The ranks are fine, just not perfect. Ok? I'm just kinda sad we're moving from spore so much.. :(

Then bloody leave. The sporum is still around. I agree with drew, It gets annoying when people constantly leave "suggestions" every ten seconds or whine about the new changes. If something is seriously wrong, such as typos, index problems, or missing sections. Tell us, if you're sour about a new change, kindly can it. We REALLY don't want to hear it.

I haven't been too involved in this project, and I'm thankful 3D and drew seem to be holding up themselves, if you guys need any help. Give me a call.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:21 pm

I don't think Lazer would survive the sporum..
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Its not the fact that they are suggesting new things over and over again it has much more to do with how they are complaining about it all.

Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Hutch wrote:
Lazernugget wrote:
Drew980 wrote:
Lazernugget wrote:

Then bloody leave. The sporum is still around. I agree with drew, It gets annoying when people constantly leave "suggestions" every ten seconds or whine about the new changes. If something is seriously wrong, such as typos, index problems, or missing sections. Tell us, if you're sour about a new change, kindly can it. We REALLY don't want to hear it.

I haven't been too involved in this project, and I'm thankful 3D and drew seem to be holding up themselves, if you guys need any help. Give me a call.
Not to be rude, but that was kind of mean and uncalled for. I know you two aren't the best of friends, but all he did was appologize.(Sorry if I sound mean now, if I do it was not intended)
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Hutch!   *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Hutch, do you have to explode every time Lazar posts something? It's hardly a crime to dislike a change to a forum. If you don't like what he's saying, either ignore it or don't read it.

The same goes for you, Drew. There's nothing wrong with posting a suggestion. If you don't like the advice, don't follow it. It's that simple. You don't have to freak out.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:37 pm

Mitchz95 wrote:

The same goes for you, Drew. There's nothing wrong with posting a suggestion. If you don't like the advice, don't follow it. It's that simple. You don't have to freak out.

Look I am here to help people and I am not freaking out because of a suggestion. I am getting irritated because ever since I did this one little minor change many people have been up bombing me with complaints and such and I have done all I can. They still are at it. Thats what is getting me upset.
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:41 pm

I personally think the new rank system is much clearer and overall better.

Also, remember the unspoken majority. Those who don't like something will generally complain, but those who do like it won't be so desperate to voice their praise. Those who don't complain, in most cases, like the changes.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:48 pm

I do think drew did a much better job explaining our feelings here. We hate working our hearts out for you guys and having some of you whine, complain, or moan about it. If you don't like a minor change, like text color or group names, we can't and will not listen to you. Bigger things, like the index we might be more open, but whining about the group text color, or complaining about them not being "Perfect" is like stabbing us in the chest with a metaphorical knife of annoyance.

And yes, my reply might have been uncalled for. But that's my honest opinion, if you're going to whine about small things, then you're really asking for a backlash from the people behind the changes who spent a lot of their personal time working on.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Hutch wrote:
We hate working our hearts out for you guys and having some of you whine, complain, or moan about it.

This.

We do it all for you. We spend countless hours and days trying to improve the forum for you guys. We really like to put our hearts into it to make a fun experience for you all. To have a number of people moan about it over and over again after we have done everything we could do its very irritating. What we want to hear is thank yous and maybe more suggestions on how to improve them, not a bunch of whining. For example, "I hate this" or "Do this" Even though we have tried it over and over again. Its something we really do not want to hear.

I believe me and Hutch are on the same page here however we are wording things differently.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:08 am

Sorry if i've come off as ungrateful. You guys are working really hard and doing a good job, and are obviosly very stressed.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Darkshadow1223 wrote:
I appreciate the changes your making. Curruntly it takes forever to find a thread thats not on the latest topics. The colors are nice too. They don't hurt your eyes to read as much as the old colors did.
Agreed, Pastel colours FTW!

Also, the reason (or at least what he told me) that Lazer isn't happy with the ranks is that it "Limits his chances of getting a promotion."
ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:59 pm

I just want to say that I know you lot are working very hard and putting a huge amount of effort into making some changes to the forum. This must be such a stressful thing. I don't mind the changes personaly and pastel colours are fine. Hutch I think you need to give Lazer/Nugget a break cause after all, he is only suggesting things like everyone else. And with that I hope in the end that everyone will be happy with the changes. happy.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Kitty wrote:
Darkshadow1223 wrote:
Agreed, Pastel colours FTW!

Also, the reason (or at least what he told me) that Lazer isn't happy with the ranks is that it "Limits his chances of getting a promotion."
ಠ_ಠ
The only ranks that seriously matter are mod/chatmod pretty much everything else is a colored name. In my oh so very humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Drew980 wrote:
I believe Hutch and I are on the same page here. However, we are wording things differently.
Fixed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes    *IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

*IMPORTANT* Forum Undergoing Changes
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next