The Galactic Adventure Club
 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
by Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
by Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» my forum now
by Sean1M Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 pm

» Your very own art
by ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
by Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
by Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
by camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
by Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
by Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
by Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
by Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
by Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
by Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
by Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
by Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

» General Chat thread
by Terwynd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

» Steam Summer Sale 2015 [over]
by Terwynd Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

» ???????????????????????? ???????||INCOMING||??????? ???????||MESSAGE||???????? ??????????????????????????
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:35 am

» Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
by Terwynd Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 am

Top posting users this week

Share | 
 

 Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:52 am

Hurricane Irene (Might have the wrong name) Currently a category 3 Hurricane, is due to hit most states on the USA's east coast, starting at around Saturday. How hard you will be hit depends on where you are, but officials are expecting property damage (Flooding) and some power outages. A state of Emergency has been declared in Virginia and North Carolina (probably some other states too, but I can't remember)

As a result, many of our East coast community members (Myself included) might experience prolonged power outages. I'd just like to say best of luck to you guys, the DC area (where I'm located) won't get hit too hard, but I'm not sure if I can say the same with the other states. And I hope we can all stay in contact through this disaster.

-Hutch.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3501
Upvotes: : 9
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 20
Location : Dinosaur Planet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:57 am

I guess I better start charging my DS, in that case. I'm up in MD, so I don't know how bad it's going to be up here. My apartment building is like a concrete bunker. We survived hurricanes in the past. Heck, I used to live in Florida, and I was fine there. In other words, I'm not too worried about myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:07 am

Again, I'm a west coaster cool Santa Cruz FTW!

But I hope you'll be safe and not loose you house or anything. I hope to see ya safely back online soon wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3831
Upvotes: : 14
Join date : 2010-08-27
Age : 1007
Location : Fuck if I know

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:31 am

You're being really braggy, Lazer. :S


NATURE, Y U PLAN TO KILL US?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:17 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
I guess I better start charging my DS, in that case. I'm up in MD, so I don't know how bad it's going to be up here. My apartment building is like a concrete bunker. We survived hurricanes in the past. Heck, I used to live in Florida, and I was fine there. In other words, I'm not too worried about myself.

If it's a 3DS, I hope you intend on only playing for about an hour a day. Battery time is pretty horrible, from what I hear. Also, the Hurricane should calm down as it heads up the east coast, I'm only expecting a lot of rain. The poor folks in North Carolina get to deal with the ACTUAL Hurricane.

Lazernugget wrote:
Santa Cruz FTW cool

Yeah, I'll make sure to remind you about your wonderful California once you get hit with a horrible earthquake and all the other atrocities that you're bound to face eventually.

For the last time, stop being a freaking geographical elitist, people might get hurt and it sickens me to no end that you still want to make such a childish comment. I would accept it if it were something trivial, like tourism, but not with stuff like this.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3831
Upvotes: : 14
Join date : 2010-08-27
Age : 1007
Location : Fuck if I know

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:30 am

Hutch wrote:


Lazernugget wrote:
Santa Cruz FTW cool

Yeah, I'll make sure to remind you about your wonderful California once you get hit with a horrible earthquake and all the other atrocities that you're bound to face eventually.

For the last time, stop being a freaking geographical elitist, people might get hurt and it sickens me to no end that you still want to make such a childish comment. I would accept it if it were something trivial, like tourism, but not with stuff like this.

*Was trying to say that*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3501
Upvotes: : 9
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 20
Location : Dinosaur Planet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:45 am

Hutch wrote:
Gelatino95 wrote:
I guess I better start charging my DS, in that case. I'm up in MD, so I don't know how bad it's going to be up here. My apartment building is like a concrete bunker. We survived hurricanes in the past. Heck, I used to live in Florida, and I was fine there. In other words, I'm not too worried about myself.

If it's a 3DS, I hope you intend on only playing for about an hour a day. Battery time is pretty horrible, from what I hear. Also, the Hurricane should calm down as it heads up the east coast, I'm only expecting a lot of rain. The poor folks in North Carolina get to deal with the ACTUAL Hurricane.
Nah, it's a DS lite. 3DS isn't worth the money. No GBA slot, and the 3D effects hardly change anything. I just use my brother's if I really feel like it, but I'm not paying for my own.

As for the hurricane, it's nice to hear that it'll be calming down where we live. I'm up in northern Maryland, so I'll probably get even less rain than you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:06 am

Lazernugget wrote:
Again, I'm a west coaster cool Santa Cruz FTW!


I dont get mad easy, but these posts of yours are making me very angry. This is rather serious. It could easily be another hurricane Katrina.

It will die down by the time it gets to northern new England but it looks like all of those states are in the direct path of it. unsure I think we will mainly get the flooding problems. Not the heart of the punch. I bid the rest of you the best of luck. I really sincerely hope, I see you guys back on next week or sooner.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3148
Upvotes: : 58
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 19
Location : Waterfall, Underground

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:06 am

This kinda reminds me of when the cyclone came near us soon after the Brisbane flood. I'm starting to see a pattern here. O.o

Anywho, I hope all fairs well over there. :S
And Lazer, don't let Karma hit your big head on the way out the door, k?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Kitty wrote:
This kinda reminds me of when the cyclone came near us soon after the Brisbane flood. I'm starting to see a pattern here. O.o

Anywho, I hope all fairs well over there. :S
And Lazer, don't let Karma hit your big head on the way out the door, k?

Yeah, this seems to be supporting my theory that natural disasters seem to follow each other, like when Japan got hit with an earthquake and then the American midwest got pummeled by tornadoes. In this case, we get a minor earthquake followed by a threatening Hurricane.

Oh boy, it's good to be an east-coaster these days.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1419
Upvotes: : 39
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 19
Location : Standing over Sargas Ruk's body.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:04 pm

You could expect me to be out for a few days (not that I post here much, but hey). I'm in NY, so I'm guessing we'll get hit but not very hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice


Posts : 177
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 20
Location : Well, if i were to tell you that i was a Quantum Particle, and that i know exactly my speed then that would make my location incredibly uncertain, and lying anywhere within a range of differing values, none of which can be confirmed without interfering with my unpredictable quantum state. Bet you wish you didn't ask now.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:23 pm

good luck all you guys in the path of this hurricane, i hope Irene doesn't live up to our collective expectations, and doesn't do the damage expected. Be safe anyway, see you guys in a while then good luck. Also just wondering if there's many people other than me that won't be affected?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1150
Upvotes: : 19
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 24
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:48 pm

I certainly won't be affected but yeah I hope everyone will be alright after the hurricane. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Drew980 wrote:
Lazernugget wrote:
Again, I'm a west coaster cool Santa Cruz FTW!


I dont get mad easy, but these posts of yours are making me very angry. This is rather serious. It could easily be another hurricane Katrina.

It will die down by the time it gets to northern new England but it looks like all of those states are in the direct path of it. unsure I think we will mainly get the flooding problems. Not the heart of the punch. I bid the rest of you the best of luck. I really sincerely hope, I see you guys back on next week or sooner.


Guys! I'm sorry okay? humph I wasn't being mean, It was a joke! No need to get all aggravated over it. I'm also NOT being childish Hutch, as I said, It was a small funny side comment, I really am serious about this! If anyone's gonna get worked up about the deaths in the world and tragic natural disasters, I'll be one of the first :P I don't want any of you to get hurt, you guys are my friends! (Mostly) So even people I don't know are people I don't want to get hurt. These things can be bad, and as I said in the part of my post you all seemed to IGNORE was that I hope to see you all online and safe throughout this Hurricane. I don't want any of you to be hurt in anyway. So sorry if my side comment offended you all, but I'm not some childish mean 11 year old, I care about people's lives and safety. So please don't let that one post make you think I don't care about the earth or people, I'm one of the first people to sit down and be sad or pray. I don't want to see anyone get hurt, so don't be hurt by my tiny little sarcastic comment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 1093
Upvotes: : 18
Join date : 2010-08-28
Age : 19
Location : In front of a computer desk somewhere.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Well, I live pretty much in a flat dry land of nowhere in the northern part of the world, so naturally, no natural disasters occur except for the occasional funnel cloud touchdown, and although I've watched countless disaster movies over the years, I couldn't imagine what it'd be like for you guys when the hurricane comes.

Best of luck.

And Lazer, there's a fine line between when a joke is funny and when it's downright offensive. Learn where that line is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Lazernugget wrote:
Drew980 wrote:
Lazernugget wrote:
Again, I'm a west coaster cool Santa Cruz FTW!


I dont get mad easy, but these posts of yours are making me very angry. This is rather serious. It could easily be another hurricane Katrina.

It will die down by the time it gets to northern new England but it looks like all of those states are in the direct path of it. unsure I think we will mainly get the flooding problems. Not the heart of the punch. I bid the rest of you the best of luck. I really sincerely hope, I see you guys back on next week or sooner.


Guys! I'm sorry okay? humph I wasn't being mean, It was a joke! No need to get all aggravated over it. I'm also NOT being childish Hutch, as I said, It was a small funny side comment, I really am serious about this! If anyone's gonna get worked up about the deaths in the world and tragic natural disasters, I'll be one of the first :P I don't want any of you to get hurt, you guys are my friends! (Mostly) So even people I don't know are people I don't want to get hurt. These things can be bad, and as I said in the part of my post you all seemed to IGNORE was that I hope to see you all online and safe throughout this Hurricane. I don't want any of you to be hurt in anyway. So sorry if my side comment offended you all, but I'm not some childish mean 11 year old, I care about people's lives and safety. So please don't let that one post make you think I don't care about the earth or people, I'm one of the first people to sit down and be sad or pray. I don't want to see anyone get hurt, so don't be hurt by my tiny little sarcastic comment.

Think before you say, Lazer. Because I'm not buying the apology. I'm not sure anyone else is. Simply put, you sounded like you didn't care about the lives and property at stake and started making horrible "Jokes" out of it. You NEVER make fun of someones hometown, that's just a rule. But most people will live with it, but when you start sounding like you have no empathy, people get angry. And that statement was the very DEFINITION of childish. Most of us east coasters might have friends and family in the areas that are going to get hit hard, and we don't want some guy acting like a misinformed kid making fun of that, and has the nerve to think it's funny. That's how people really begin to genuinely hate you.

Lazer, You're intelligent. I'll give you that, but your social skills are rather disgusting on this forum. I'm not sure how you're like in person, but please show some degree of thought and think before you say. You could have dodged SO much crap if you did.




_________________


Last edited by Hutch on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Okay, but do know, what I just said is truly real. I am sorry. If you don't buy it, that's okay. I guess I wouldn't buy it either cuz I'm a jerk who can't be trusted and hates everyone. humph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Lazernugget wrote:
Okay, but do know, what I just said is truly real. I am sorry. If you don't buy it, that's okay. I guess I wouldn't buy it either cuz I'm a jerk who can't be trusted and hates everyone. humph

You really are beyond all sense, aren't you?

Please, re read my post. And try to learn from it, not simply think we all hate you.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Sorry. I'll try to be better. Let's just drop this now. Best wishes to you east coasters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1915
Upvotes: : 4
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 20
Location : here you idiot.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:31 am

i'm on the east coast. actually, i'm not too worried. i wanna get some pictures of wicked lightning, go cycling in the rain... (i'm a bit of an adreneline junklie) but seriously, when neature throws crap at you, ENJOY IT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice


Posts : 1969
Upvotes: : 6
Join date : 2010-09-18
Age : 16
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:14 am

Woah...I just looked at a pic of the hurricane. I wish you guys good luck. um...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice


Posts : 3501
Upvotes: : 9
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 20
Location : Dinosaur Planet

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:00 am

So far, all I've got it a bit of rain. And not even that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Hutch
Admin


Posts : 934
Upvotes: : 23
Join date : 2010-06-12
Age : 21
Location : USA. Stereotype me.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:42 am

I'm getting an insane amount of wind and rain.

Yippie.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice


Posts : 913
Upvotes: : 1
Join date : 2010-08-29
Location : SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:51 am

Hutch, maybe I'm wrong, but I think you're over reacting a TINY bit... I didn't say I agreed with Lazer, just sayin'.


Anyway, I'm in the middle of a desert. I don't think I need to worry. Never the less, I wish you guys good luck and such, and I hope you don't have any problems.


@Camel, that sounds a bit suicidal... but, I suppose you must like daring stuff, seeing as you named your Gecko Geronimo (joke).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drew
Admin


Posts : 1494
Upvotes: : 20
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Probably inside you

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:04 am

I stood out in it, think I am crazy? Well think again, it was only a tropical storm once it hit me. It was amusing to watch a few small sticks fly in the air and hit people trying to get away from it. I was in town when it hit you see.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states   Today at 7:55 am

Back to top Go down
 
Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Hurricane to hit the eastren seaboard of the United states
» Hurricane Drake
» Temporary leave due to Hurricane Irene
» Aftermath of Hurricane Irene
» GK Stormraven with hurricane bolters?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: Locked Archive-
Jump to: